The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance War Skill Scroll and Event

RisenEclipse
RisenEclipse
✭✭✭✭✭
I was wanting to really boost my alliance rank during the last few days of the event. So I was wondering if it is possible to stack the Alliance War Skill Line scroll with the Pelinal's Ferocity scroll to get 250% more AP.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, although you don't get extra AP. You would get 200% AP but 250% credit to your rank. I've been using war tortes during the event to massively boost my alliance rank
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Yes, although you don't get extra AP. You would get 200% AP but 250% credit to your rank. I've been using war tortes during the event to massively boost my alliance rank

This. If you’re PC NA let me know and I’ll make you some Torte.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the War Tortes only increased the experience gain for your Alliance War skill lines, not for the actual rank? Unless by rank you mean the levels for the skill lines.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They increase your alliance war rank as well as the skill lines.
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am on pc na lol and that is awesome to know. I've been struggling to get my rank up and for the last few days of the event I was trying to find a way to really push getting them up.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I am on pc na lol and that is awesome to know. I've been struggling to get my rank up and for the last few days of the event I was trying to find a way to really push getting them up.

Sent. Anyone else need any while I’m handing it out? Remember there’s only about a day left of the event.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    I thought the War Tortes only increased the experience gain for your Alliance War skill lines, not for the actual rank? Unless by rank you mean the levels for the skill lines.

It's always increased alliance rank gains.

There was confusion when it first came out because it didn't say that- it just said skill lines. But it always did both things and I believe the description has now been fixed.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to correct a cpl of things here, as far as I can see they do apply to your rank and they apply an extra 150% to the *total* AP you make not base AP.

Ie you get 200% AP with the scroll but *300*% credit to your rank, not 250% as some have said. I've checked this comparing AP gain and rank gain. Fo eg with a scroll, low pop bonus and delve buff active, I was getting approx 8k AP per resource, but my alliance rank was going up 12k.

The deve buff incidentally does just boost your *base* AP gain. While it's a 20% buff, it was only boosting total AP (after the scroll) by 10%. Taking resources (without the low pop bonus this time) I was getting 3k, but peopel with the delve buff were getting 3300.

ps. yes I really wanted a better black. The others ones suck.
    Edited by Larcomar on February 28, 2022 10:14AM
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update. I used the war tortes that @WhiteCoatSyndrome kindly gave me with the scroll and I am now level 18 in the alliance rank :D Which might be a very small rank for some, but as a PvE player, this is the biggest rank I have ever achieved lol I also managed to get all but 3 of the slayer achievements! I might get into it more. I just need to get proper PvP gear cuz I am very squishy. O_O
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's awesome, sounds like you had fun.

18 is nothing to be scoffed at, I'm sure 99% of people never get that far. And you're just about into the better titles- Captain is next, followed by Major.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They increase your alliance war rank as well as the skill lines.
    This, it let you level the skills faster and getting to legate or overlord faster but it does not help earning AP or ranking from getting rank 1 to getting emperor.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.