The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Siege repair from inventory?

moleculardrugs
moleculardrugs
✭✭✭✭
Was there a reason why this was never implemented? I feel like it would be quicker to repair siege from inventory rather than having to have it out. I mean, I know it would be quicker but the more I think about it I don't think it would be too detrimental and would probably promote more siege usage.

The biggest downfall I can think of is if in the future there are new siege devices that are super powerful and those devices would make people think twice about sieging, like the lancers. But because the lancers require scying, it already makes people hesitant about using them.

Until then, people who respawn back to their alliance base can set out the siege there and repair it if they are worried about safety of the device. But from what I've experienced, having a repair in quickslot is more inconvenient than actually beneficial to either side because people can just quickly buy a new siege device in their keep if it is not getting attacked and people usually have an inventory full of siege devices already.

Another thing I'm wondering about is if this cannot be implemented for a reason, if it were possible to just have a merchant at the alliance base repair our siege weapons like we do armor.

Thoughts? Thank you
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Like the idea of a seige repair all merchant or option in base.
    2. Is your point the time It takes to slot siege repair (and possibly in combat bug) so you prefer to just automatically get a repair option when near a damage piece of siege?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really only repair lancers because you can just buy the other siege.

The thing that annoys me is when you place the lancer down and repair, it is constantly degrading so you repair and it goes up, then before you can repair again it goes down. You have to do this several times. If you could repair in your inventory that could be avoided.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Part of the idea is probably that someone else would be repairing the siege while others were using it as that is clearly part of the design. This makes a lot of sense.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Part of the idea is probably that someone else would be repairing the siege while others were using it as that is clearly part of the design. This makes a lot of sense.

This does happen, but not often. I always try to thanks the kind soul who did the repairs.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This does happen, but not often. I always try to thanks the kind soul who did the repairs.

It is indeed super rare, as almost no one wastes a quickslot on siege repair, or milegate repair kits for that matter. It is much easier and safer, to let that siege decay, and have a would be repairer casting heals or helping siege. Repairing while in your inventory would be great, repairing without having to QS the repair kits even better.

I like the in inventory option, because way to many times I have stopped to repair a Lancer, only to have some random jump on it. Now I am repairing like mad as it decays away under someone else's control, all the while hoping they get their dirty hands off it in time for me to at least put it away, before I get killed and it gets burned on the wall by invading forces.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The key to repairing lancers is firing it between each repair. Otherwise it takes too long and too many repair kits.
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭

So TRUE! People aren't that kind because they're trying to stop the other alliance from breaking down the door or watching out for nightblades hiding and about to ambush them mid-repair lol
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wasn't even sure how to repair them, and I had no idea you could set them down anywhere outside of the actual assault areas. I lost my fire lancer last night and was sad...

We should definitely be able to repair them in inventory, just like we do our armour.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you see someone using a lancer during a fort defense -> Just repair it for the person as they use it, that's what I do.
    I've seen many trying to fix it themselves -> Don't -> Man it and let a friend or friendly stranger repair it for you.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, its a pain. I really only bother to repair Cold Fire stuff, and only when its like a PVE door and I have some time to kill. I have never once seen someone randomly repair my siege.

Maybe we need more quickslot spaces. Right now in PVP:

1. Tri Pot/imov pot
    2. DPS/imov Pot
    3. Invis Pot
    4. Detect Pot
    5. Regular Ballista
    6. Wall Repair
    7. Door Repair
    8. Flex (usually counter siege, but can be camps, siege repair, bridge repair, etc).

Basically, I have 7 that I wont touch that are effectively non-negotiable, and one flex. The first two have some flexibility depending on class/spec/setup. But typically, one is an oh crap button and one is a damage button. If I can squeeze an immovable in their somehow, I do.

This gets compounded with being in combat if I want to do something on the fly.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The key to repairing lancers is firing it between each repair. Otherwise it takes too long and too many repair kits.

I was accused of cheating/helping the enemy by shooting our inner keep walls down from the inside by an ignoramus. We owned the keep. I was shooting the ground to keep the lancer decay minimal while repairing. Usually like 2 reps then shoot is fine. Best to repair inside the inner keep with lots of guards nearby, in case of crafty gankers sending you to the bank/scry for more.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, its a pain. I really only bother to repair Cold Fire stuff, and only when its like a PVE door and I have some time to kill. I have never once seen someone randomly repair my siege.

Maybe we need more quickslot spaces. Right now in PVP:

1. Tri Pot/imov pot
    2. DPS/imov Pot
    3. Invis Pot
    4. Detect Pot
    5. Regular Ballista
    6. Wall Repair
    7. Door Repair
    8. Flex (usually counter siege, but can be camps, siege repair, bridge repair, etc).

Basically, I have 7 that I wont touch that are effectively non-negotiable, and one flex. The first two have some flexibility depending on class/spec/setup. But typically, one is an oh crap button and one is a damage button. If I can squeeze an immovable in their somehow, I do.

This gets compounded with being in combat if I want to do something on the fly.

I replaced door repair with siege repair. Plenty of people looking to rep doors, only a few looking to shower those doors in flares or other counters to help prevent a bomb.

I've been repairing lancers being hit by counter siege a lot during mayhem. Keeping that lancer firing versus them packing up early out of fear of loss can make a huge difference in counter-siege. People will thank you emote for lancer repair, but nobody calls me out for avoiding the door reps lol.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    It is indeed super rare, as almost no one wastes a quickslot on siege repair

I bought those in place of siege weapons when I first started PvPing because it was easier and cheaper than trying to lug around a bunch of different machines. I still carry them for Rams and Forward Camps but I’ve been throwing down Ballistae when most people have their Lancers out; sounds like I should forget the Ballistae and start giving Lancers some TLC instead.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I was accused of cheating/helping the enemy by shooting our inner keep walls down from the inside by an ignoramus. We owned the keep. I was shooting the ground to keep the lancer decay minimal while repairing. Usually like 2 reps then shoot is fine. Best to repair inside the inner keep with lots of guards nearby, in case of crafty gankers sending you to the bank/scry for more.

In my experience, you don’t need to shoot the siege to keep it from entering the 10%/second decay rate — you only have to get on it a second and then get back off.

Of course the accusation was baseless, since you can’t damage your own stuff, but it may avoid provoking people who don’t know any better — or alarming people who hear the siege and can’t immediately tell whose it is.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So TRUE! People aren't that kind because they're trying to stop the other alliance from breaking down the door or watching out for nightblades hiding and about to ambush them mid-repair lol

There are always people just standing around during siege doing nothing, either when defending keeps or taking them.

EDIT: typo
    Edited by katanagirl1 on March 1, 2022 5:35AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA