The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lightning staff heavy attack bug

Mrtoobyy
Mrtoobyy
✭✭✭✭
Anyone know if this will be fixed or do you think this is deliberate? Do you guys remember when heavy attacks made more of a heavy impact sound? Dual wield heavy attacks made TWO sounds. I remember sending tickets and posting here on the forum about that years ago when it started and never heard anything so I hope this is not the same type of "ninja" change they do without announcing it.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 3, 2022 11:09PM
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have said they are aware of it but it will probably be another one of those bugs people are still reporting in years to come.
  • Katlefiya
    Katlefiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a very clunky feeling change/bug.

Hope there's a quick resolution, because it just makes gameplay 'slower'.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone else get STUCK in heavy attack with either Lightning Staff or Resto? Frequently I find myself trying to get out of a heavy attack, but get stuck... and sometimes I cannot even activate abilities without swapping bars multiple times.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    BazOfWar wrote: »
    They have said they are aware of it but it will probably be another one of those bugs people are still reporting in years to come.

Oh ok that is really nice to hear. Thank you =)
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Does anyone else get STUCK in heavy attack with either Lightning Staff or Resto? Frequently I find myself trying to get out of a heavy attack, but get stuck... and sometimes I cannot even activate abilities without swapping bars multiple times.
    It happens constantly to me, but with daggers while weaving. At some point the game stops understanding the weave ended and I stay with one arm raised 'til I swap bars or dodge roll. During this Cyrodiil event, however, I've experienced the same with pretty much all channelled animations (radiant oppression, lightning staff...)
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems the more this game adds content, the worse other things become. I never used to have problems with firing off abilities, but I've noticed since coming back to the game, using a gamepad, I'll sometimes have to push a button multiple times to get an ability to actually fire. Now I have issues with heavy attacks sticking. WHAT is going on with this game?!?
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems the more this game adds content, the worse other things become. I never used to have problems with firing off abilities, but I've noticed since coming back to the game, using a gamepad, I'll sometimes have to push a button multiple times to get an ability to actually fire. Now I have issues with heavy attacks sticking. WHAT is going on with this game?!?

That happens to me when trying to sprint using a gamepad. I really don't know what is going on, like so many others have said is that Covid has had an impact. BUT I remember alot of stuff going sideways before covid so the foundation of the problems is not covid for sure.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens constantly to me, but with daggers while weaving. At some point the game stops understanding the weave ended and I stay with one arm raised 'til I swap bars or dodge roll. During this Cyrodiil event, however, I've experienced the same with pretty much all channelled animations (radiant oppression, lightning staff...)

Same. I have at least two of every class and have always experienced more glitches/bugs on my templars though(especially magplar)
  • JaRqUe50
    JaRqUe50
    Just dropping by to say I also have my heavy attacks sticking...mainly lightning and restoration staff. I do not always intend to do a fully heavy attack or heavy attack at all, yet the game fires it and I am unable to cancel out of it. In PvP, this can be the difference of life and death believe it or not. It wasn't always this way, it definitely started last patch or two.

Hope they address it!
    ~
    17 characters, 1500+CP
    Tank, Healer, DPS, PvP
    Former Emp
    Guildmaster of Gold Coast Empire
    PS NA
    ~
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I'm still getting stuck with my lightning staff, was extra fun when I was doing Battlegrounds during the event...
    PC EU & NA