The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting Motifs and Receiving a Master Writ Chances

moleculardrugs
moleculardrugs
✭✭✭✭
Does a character on an account have a higher chance of receiving a master writ from a regular daily writ if he or she has learned some style motifs?
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. But it only counts full sets of outfit styles your character has learned. It's not enough to learn just a few motifs here and there. You need to complete the sets.
    Edited by rauyran on February 25, 2022 11:33AM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The increase isn't huge either but I don't record rates to be able to put a number on it.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my testing, the base rate for a master writ from Blacksmithing, Clothing, or Woodworking (the 3 to be affected by motif knowledge) is about 5% at base level, and can go upwards of about 20% when you know all the traits and all the motifs (that's about the rate my main gets).

Learning the traits appears to be a 3-4% increase in the drop rate... and the motif knowledge appears to be "front-loaded", so that you get a larger increase in drop rate from the first full purple motif you learn than you would from the 50th

I have alts who know between 50-75 motifs (not all ~100 like my main) and their drop rates are not much lower than those of my main (within 1-2%), but my alts who only know 3 or 4 motifs (the ultra-cheap ones), tend to have drop rates more in the 8-10% range (they do know all the traits)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points