The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

For pve, any nightblade specific sets?

OWLTHEMAD
OWLTHEMAD
✭✭✭✭
Role doesnt matter,

But with each class, there are sets that perform uniquely well on them and dont perform so well on others.

Dks still have bsw and elfbane. Nord with bloodspawn as i understand it are particularly important on tanks (i know nord isnt a set)

Sorcs used to have netch and necropotence though they are obsolete now

Templars now have deadly strikes which is borderline meta for them,

My question is do nightblades have anything like that? Any sets outside the bahseis/kinras meta that can still bring top level performance but only do so on nightblades?

I know warmaidens is a thing but as i understand it is only about equal to julianos in raw damage numbers.

Arkasis seems like a fun replica of the catalyst passive. Though technically works well enough on all classes.

Just curious if we have any really stand out sets

We used to have master architect but now its just meh. (That falling into disuse made me sad. Was my favorite set)
Edited by OWLTHEMAD on February 24, 2022 11:46PM
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mother Sorrow, Medusa
    Rattlecage
    Vicious Death o:)
    Stygian
    Archer's Mind
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    Mother Sorrow, Medusa
    Rattlecage
    Vicious Death o:)
    Stygian
    Archer's Mind

Vicious death used to be lol its s bit more universal now.

Not sure how rattle cage is nb specific

Mothers sorrow medusa is almost literally strong on EVERYONE

Not familiar with stygian or archers mind

Il have to look those up
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rattlecage for easy Major Sorcery
    Sorrow/Medusa since magNB is heavy crit based
    Stygian or Archers Mind mostly for RP or some gank PvP, cuz... "Role doesnt matter"

You already mentioned one set for each class and that's really all, so NB's do not vary from others much and have War Maiden.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblades benefit more from War Maiden than pretty much anybody else. It's not meta or anything like that though.

Stamblades, similarly, get more out of Swamp Raider and The Morag Tong than most others.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on February 25, 2022 3:29PM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OWLTHEMAD wrote: »
    Role doesnt matter,

But with each class, there are sets that perform uniquely well on them and dont perform so well on others.

Dks still have bsw and elfbane. Nord with bloodspawn as i understand it are particularly important on tanks (i know nord isnt a set)

Sorcs used to have netch and necropotence though they are obsolete now

Templars now have deadly strikes which is borderline meta for them,

My question is do nightblades have anything like that? Any sets outside the bahseis/kinras meta that can still bring top level performance but only do so on nightblades?

I know warmaidens is a thing but as i understand it is only about equal to julianos in raw damage numbers.

Arkasis seems like a fun replica of the catalyst passive. Though technically works well enough on all classes.

Just curious if we have any really stand out sets

We used to have master architect but now its just meh. (That falling into disuse made me sad. Was my favorite set)

The change to MA based on ult cost and then consumption made it a better set than it was, just less specific to classes with low cost ultimate. It's actually pretty common in high end 4 man groups on the healer /support dd. It's in disuse in trials other than vAS (AFAIK) because you will get better uptime on more of the group with RO, and RO can be on one healer rather than requiring 2dds to be wearing a support set.
    Edited by kringled_1 on February 25, 2022 5:11PM
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinra > deadly strikes.

Unless you mean deadly+ kinra on dungeons, thats pretty cool

Stam sorce ,warden and dragon knight with rapid strikes can also use deadly, but not sure how well
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblades benefit more from War Maiden than pretty much anybody else. It's not meta or anything like that though.

Stamblades, similarly, get more out of Swamp Raider and The Morag Tong than most others.

Um, did you forget that Magplars also tend to highly benefit from WM due to almost all their class skills being 'magic' other than Reflective Light?!?
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

Um, did you forget that Magplars also tend to highly benefit from WM due to almost all their class skills being 'magic' other than Reflective Light?!?

I said "pretty much" for a reason. Also, all magblade damage skills are magic damage, while magplars have one fire damage skill.

all > all but one