Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When upgrading an item the window that shows the items current stats is invisible/missing

Cyber10
Cyber10
✭✭✭✭
When upgrading an Item at a clothing or blacksmith station the window that shows the items current stats before applying the upgrade does not appear. I noticed that it will appear once the first time that you upgrade during a session, but any items that are upgraded after the initial one will not show the current stat window. The area where the window should be is a blank black space, but after applying the upgrade that window will flash, which means that it is present but seems to be glitching. This is annoying since you cannot see how much your stats are changing.

Thank you.

Xbox Series X
NA Mega-server
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    XBNA too. XB one.
    I've also experienced this recently. First upgrade (white->green or green->blue) shows you the difference in values but subsequent upgrades do not.
    Bad timing for me personally, since I've been making set items for PvP, and can't see if they're really worth the upgrade mats for the stat boosts.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭
    LurgidBean wrote: »
    XBNA too. XB one.
    I've also experienced this recently. First upgrade (white->green or green->blue) shows you the difference in values but subsequent upgrades do not.
    Bad timing for me personally, since I've been making set items for PvP, and can't see if they're really worth the upgrade mats for the stat boosts.

Yes, it is frustrating when trying to upgrade items. Hopefully they fix it.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This also happens on PS5.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭

Good to know. Thank you.

This shows that it is a glitch with the game UI and not specific to a certain platform. They need to fix these annoying bugs or I am considering skipping High Isle. The game needs to be polished up a bit if they expect players to continue to support the game.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cyber10 wrote: »

Good to know. Thank you.

This shows that it is a glitch with the game UI and not specific to a certain platform. They need to fix these annoying bugs or I am considering skipping High Isle. The game needs to be polished up a bit if they expect players to continue to support the game.

Interestingly enough, it does work properly on PS4. I’m even running PS4 version on PS5 and it bugs just like described above.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adding to this to state that it doesn't matter if I back out of the crafting station and try again. Any item that has been upgraded once will not show subsequent improvements.
    The typical ZOS suggested fixes for issues, like zone/relog/ui/clear cache/intricate rain dance, fixes have no impact.
    Xbox NA/EU
  • Bitter_Apple21
    I can confirm this is also happening on PC.

First one shows, subsequent ones do not.
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this is also happening on PC.

First one shows, subsequent ones do not.

I'm not happy PC is having the problem, but the fact PC is also having issues means it is more likely to get looked into!

Are you by chance using the gamepad UI?
    Xbox NA/EU
  • Bitter_Apple21
    Yup. I will say it had not always been this way.

Other than that, I cannot point to when it might have started.

Only recently resumed upgrading on a tank on blue gear up to purple.
  • Bitter_Apple21
    Sorry, just reread my response and my response might be confusing.

Yes, I am using a gamepad - and have been since I started ESO about 14-16 months ago.

However, the loss of the left screen on a gear upgrade has not always been a problem. Early on, I have always had both left and right screens for an upgrade while using the gamepad.

I have only gotten back into improving gear due to running a tank and wanting to upgrade green to blue to purple gear. That has only happened in the last say 2-3 months or so. Only then did I notice the loss of the left screen after the initial improvement run.
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin This bug has now been reported on XB, PS and PC platforms. The only PC report so far comes from the gamepad UI, so perhaps that pinpoints an error to be fixed?
    Xbox NA/EU
  • Bitter_Apple21
    Okay, for what it is worth, on the PC that I noticed this, I had really only loaded up one other piece of ESO software. It was the add-on CMX.

I bring it up because twice in the past, I also had - what I think is called "mapping" - a mapping issue between the buttons of the gamepad and the default actions of the toons. In other words, rather than pulling up a "map" the toon ended up doing a roll dodge. I bring this up in case there was some connection to an ADD-ON and the issue of the improvement bug.

I do not change any defaults. I am not that good. Anyway, when I exited the complete ESO program and reinitiated it, this particular problem was NOT there. I bring this up as I also play ESO on a completely different computer that does NOT have CMX installed.

I just tested the improvement bug issue on this second computer (that does not have CMX added) and it also had both improvement screens from white to green but on the next improvement screen (green to blue), the source screen was not there.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was playing on PS4 Pro until October I think, and it was always visible there. I am almost 100% certain I started seeing this as soon as I got the PS5 at that time, but it might have just been coincidence that I started seeing this flashing when upgrading on the crafting stations then, or it might have been slightly after that time.

I do master writs just about every day so I see this every time. As mentioned above, I see the white box when upgrading to green, but any further upgrading I only see the right box and a blank space on the left, and then when I click to upgrade the left box briefly flashes and then disappears.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Bitter_Apple21
    @katanagirl1

Actually, you caused me to remember something.

I would occasionally see a "flicker" of the source screen before it disappeared. Don't ask me how often, but your words have dug up that memory of seeing a quick flash of the source screen.

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @katanagirl1

Actually, you caused me to remember something.

I would occasionally see a "flicker" of the source screen before it disappeared. Don't ask me how often, but your words have dug up that memory of seeing a quick flash of the source screen.

I’ll try to remember to get some video and add it here. I also need to edit the video I have of that stupid bug that makes my stamina drop to zero when dismounting using R2 in Cyrodiil and unable to use any magicka skills thereafter. Always fun to be in a melee with 20 enemies and suddenly have no resources.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OK, here is a brief video showing the UI windows flashing on PS5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceXABZQ0kHY&list=PLGGjwEyVKCjpNeVP6-MCuwzs0s7bzrkc9&index=75
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Bitter_Apple21
    Folks

Further symptoms on what is happening on PC.

Okay, I did some master writs today and paid attention to the improvement screen. In the case today, the momentary flicker of the source screen occurred "after" I did the upgrade. There was no "flash" of the source screen as I selected the item or anything. It was selected, I was prompted for what "odds" to select, ensured 100%, and improved. RIght after that "improvement" occurred, there was a brief flash of the source screen.
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭

Yup, that is exactly how it looks on the Xbox Series X. Thank you for taking the time to post that.

Very annoying and frustrating that Zeni has not commented or addressed these annoying bugs. I am defenitley not buying any more expansions until they fix these bugs.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happy to help, it just takes me a while sometimes to get the video edited and uploaded.

It’s an annoying but very minor bug in the grand scheme of things since the latest update on PC. They need to get those major bugs fixed before we get the patch next week or it’ll all be over for us.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy to help, it just takes me a while sometimes to get the video edited and uploaded.

It’s an annoying but very minor bug in the grand scheme of things since the latest update on PC. They need to get those major bugs fixed before we get the patch next week or it’ll all be over for us.

Yes, thank you for taking the time!

However, the person who is acknowledging this bug and putting it in the queue to be fixed is not the dev who is furiously working at the moment to on game fixes. A fix only comes after a bug is recognized. We have no indication if this is even on a bug list somewhere, despite an in-thread ping, all three servers experiencing the issue, a video and instructions on how to replicate the bug 100% of the time, and even some attempted troubleshooting (gamepad UI). Also, this thread was posted before the update meltdown.
    Xbox NA/EU
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is still an issue and was not fixed during the last patch. I have no idea why it was ignored and still nt acknowledgment of a fix.
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, the thread about the Sprint bug for the gamepad UI got mod/dev attention because someone posted in it every day until it got acknowledged. Is that what has to be done here?
    @ZOS_Kevin has already been pinged here with no acknowledgement.
    Bug still exists across platforms using gamepad UI.
    Edited by LurgidBean on April 14, 2022 2:41PM
    Xbox NA/EU
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the PTS notes today:
    "Gamepad Mode
    Fixed an issue where the item tooltip would disappear in the Smithing improvement window after you improved an item."

I hope this is the fix we are looking for but from the wording maybe it only applies to the Blacksmithing station? Hopefully "Smithing improvement window" is internal language that encompasses all the crafting improvements.

(On mobile so linking the quote directly is not easy )
    Xbox NA/EU