The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dragonknight 36% increased healing

Mrtoobyy
Mrtoobyy
✭✭✭✭
I really think that DK's are a bit overtuned right now and next patch they will benefit from healing skills from whatever skill tree they choose.
Right now their healing is a tad too strong IMO with:
Green dragon blood - Minor vitality 8%
Burning heart - Increases healing recieved by 12%
Obsidian shield - Major mending 16%
Throw in vigor for a mag Dk just for the sake of it yeehaaa

Am I the only one seeing the problem here? I play DK myself from time to time and come on....

ZOS do you have like a lottery wheel that lets every employee get their will through for one year?
I mean what the hell guys? Why do you always do stuff so freaking drastic? It always seem like you throw things into the fire and THEN think about extinguish it?

Why do you have the in game tickets, the PTS and this forum if you barely listen to what we players suggest?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 3, 2022 11:08PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mrtoobyy wrote: »

I guess that explains the 15-20k critical heals I get on DKs in PvP with Twilight Matriarch.
    PC NA
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

I guess that explains the 15-20k critical heals I get on DKs in PvP with Twilight Matriarch.

Yep, also the Burning Heart is how I boost Exhilarating Drain's healing since it's tooltip is generally locked and unchanging.

Uptimes on Spiked Armor and Dragon Blood mean a lot for a DK.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of these things you describe have been that way for years, besides Vigor on Mag. I think we should see how the hybridization pans out before we talk about changes to any long-standing class skill or passive. The Healing Received passive and Minor Vitality on GDB are part of the "Tank" identity.

On the Stam side, Necro and Warden are getting way more "new healing" with the hybridization than DK, all we really get is Coag over GDB - which means we lose Minor Vitality.

It would be much better, in my view, if Non-Class Active Healing Skills were adjusted long before Class Healing Passives, for the sake of preservation of identity during this hybridization.

Edited by Urzigurumash on February 23, 2022 11:15PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know right! and it's going to improve my ping reliant quality of life SO MUCH now that my no effort Puncturing Sweep skill on MagDK will further reward me for zero gameplay.

It's going to be fantastic. /s

• Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really think that DK's are a bit overtuned right now and next patch they will benefit from healing skills from whatever skill tree they choose.

Am I the only one seeing the problem here? I play DK myself from time to time and come on....

ZOS do you have like a lottery wheel that lets every employee get their will through for one year?
    I mean what the hell guys? Why do you always do stuff so freaking drastic? It always seem like you throw things into the fire and THEN think about extinguish it?

Why do you have the in game tickets, the PTS and this forum if you barely listen to what we players suggest?

Yeah and so do I. Green Dragon Blood is not strong unless you've lost alot of health and that's it. Each time you cast afterwards the healing return is undesirable and it also doesn't heal over time. I don't mean any disrespect but are you sure you play a DK frequently? Or is the argument more or less against DKs have the healing buff?

I'd argue resto staff abilities are for stronger than GDB which barely holds the line. Really would not recommend nerfing GDB healing. The morph to GDB however is actually a considerable stronger heal overall but not really for Stam DKs.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DK Healer is the absolute worst healing class
  • Milchbart
    Milchbart
    ✭✭✭✭

Am I the only one seeing the problem here?

Yes

• Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All of these things you describe have been that way for years, besides Vigor on Mag. I think we should see how the hybridization pans out before we talk about changes to any long-standing class skill or passive. The Healing Received passive and Minor Vitality on GDB are part of the "Tank" identity.

On the Stam side, Necro and Warden are getting way more "new healing" with the hybridization than DK, all we really get is Coag over GDB - which means we lose Minor Vitality.

It would be much better, in my view, if Non-Class Active Healing Skills were adjusted long before Class Healing Passives, for the sake of preservation of identity during this hybridization.

PvP players tend to forget their outcry affect many other aspects of the game.
    We need a completely seperate balance for PvE and PvP.
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭

I play both PVE and PVP and I agree fully. ZOS really need to seperate things. They could just add a "penalty" to each skill tooltip like "being affected by battle spirit" and thus making things dont affect PVE.
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamcro sounds most broken next patch but then it's pay2win I guess so won't be changed. IF DK is almost as strong it's a good thing.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50% of everyone in PvP going to be DK soon. DK already major OP in PvP, and it's getting a buff.
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play both PVE and PVP and I agree fully. ZOS really need to seperate things. They could just add a "penalty" to each skill tooltip like "being affected by battle spirit" and thus making things dont affect PVE.

I honestly think its the opposite. I think the reason pvp feels so broken is because there are too many things already different, you have that pvp buff and heals act different. If they made the pve environment such as damage and resistances to it the same in both pve and pvp we would ( in the end) see a better balance. Of course that would require some huge tuning to both ends.

For example if fighting an npc mob felt the same damage wise as fighting a player ZOS could better balance outgoing and incoming damage along with heals.
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you forgot, mending was nerfed from 25% down to 16% and it also costs over 3k mag to cast so it's not as if it always up also you cannot sustain both green dragon blood and fragmented shield on stamina specs atleast. Green dragon blood is a really niche skill too as its not really that great for the skill cost. No decent player would even pick green dragon blood over Coagulating blood anyways. DK has always relied on healing % as it's not exactly a mobile class and is easily outclassed healing wise by the newer classes at least on stamina side (stamina necromancer etc.) The only thing I would change is reverting the embers buff zos added on pts if anything had to be adjusted.
    Edited by Extinct_Solo_Player on February 25, 2022 8:54PM