The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Quickslot Question

eMKa8
eMKa8
✭✭✭
Hi all ,

Everyone know quickslots … and how to push that key to be able to consume whatever is selected.

I was wondering . Is it possible OR is there an Addon that lets you key bind 2 or 3 different potions on seperate keys ?

I am asking because i would like to be able to quickly consume 2 or 3 different potions depending on the situation in pvp?!

If not possible , are there then any other ideas/solutions for that?

Thx

Best Answer

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    eMKa8 wrote: »
    When you push the key for that quickslot item , does it then directly consume it ? Or do you need to double click it ?

I hope one click , especially when i am in a fight where i need to act quickly!

With Greymind, hitting the hotkey for an item switches to that item, and then you need to hit Q to use the item. So it's 2 "clicks," but it allows you to switch items very quickly.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Answer ✓
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭

Everyone know quickslots … and how to push that key to be able to consume whatever is selected.

I was wondering . Is it possible OR is there an Addon that lets you key bind 2 or 3 different potions on seperate keys ?

I am asking because i would like to be able to quickly consume 2 or 3 different potions depending on the situation in pvp?!
    i could be wrong , but i don't believe the game CODE allows for "quickly consuming" multiple potions all at once. (unless as some type of *exploit* )

But i also have never used any add-ons nor mods , so you might wanna try asking here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/add-ons-and-ui-mods ....if no one else replies.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use Greymind Quick Slot Bar to assign hotkeys to quickslot items, so I can just hit the corresponding key to swap to that quickslotted item (rather than having to use the wheel to select) and then hit Q to use it as usual. It's not terribly straightforward to set up, but once I have it working it's quite helpful for quickly switching between quickslotted items. You can also save multiple quickslot presets, so I have one for PvE (which includes things like companions and the Antiquities eye tool) and one for PvP (which has all of my repairs and siege).
    Edited by Ilsabet on February 24, 2022 6:43AM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all ,

If not possible , are there then any other ideas/solutions for that?

Thx

On PC AUI can do it as can other things. I have my quickslots bound to numpad 1-8 so I can fast switch between things like invisiblity potions and trash potions as well as siege.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    When you push the key for that quickslot item , does it then directly consume it ? Or do you need to double click it ?

• NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes it's a one-click 'consume' for the current selected item (like a POTION for example) , hence the term: Quickslot B)

For other items, like Cyrodiil PvP 'siege' , the one-click activates the lay-down-to-place reticle.