The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

5pc sets vs the rest

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello!

Why do I see a lot of builds where sets are mixed? I am guessing it is all about the passives, right?
But the 5pc bonus is not received. Or is it?

ie. Heartland - why use this less than 5c set if you don't get don't get that trait bonus

When I see 2pc and 3pc mixes, I understand you are getting bonus to damage or buffs to attributes - but then does it matter what set you use?

Then comes the mixing of sets by weight (light, medium, heavy) - there I see where the passives are much more useful - but you could still run a 5pc, but mixed, and still get the bonus.

Please enlighten me?

Tanks,

Z

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which builds are you talking about? It's generally not a good idea to use fewer than the full set bonus pieces. There are exceptions, such as using 3-4 pieces of a Minor Slayer set (False Gods) when you don't need the 5pc bonus (sustain), or using the 1pc Slimecraw crit (better than any other 1pc bonus). These are really only used when a mythic takes up a set slot, preventing the common 5-5-2 builds.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are very few sets you want to use partial sets like Trainee, Willpower, or Agility 2 pieces isn't bad for stat boosts as filler if you don't have anything better at the time. If you don't care about Monster set bonuses you can use 2 different monster sets for their 1pc bonus like combining Swarm Mother + Domihaus gives you more of both magicka and stamina than Shacklebreaker's 5pc bonus. You could also do Stone Keeper + Baron Zaudrus 1pc each and it gives you Tri-stats equal to 4 items. I have two alts I haven't figured out what I want to do with them so for now they have 5pc Diamond's Victory, 4 pc Elegant, and 3 pc Willpower so its all stats and spell damage.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on February 20, 2022 8:40PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @phaneub17_ESO has the right of it. Given the few exceptions mentioned, I run two full 5 piece sets and, as often as not, a mismatched couple of monster pieces to help fill specific stat gaps. Simple and effective.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems that you saw builds with Ring of Majesty