The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reviving in the Imperial City

JonnAndCo
JonnAndCo
✭✭✭
I have tried unsuccessfully to find an answer, so let me ask: When you are killed in the Imperial city how do you revive if all zones are controlled by other factions? Supposedly you can revive in the sewers, but I see no way to bring up the sewer map. Clicking on the sewer entrance doesn't bring up the sewer map, so I have no way to choose a revive point. Unless I am missing something, when all zones are controlled by other factions, you cant revive within the Imperial City. Any help would be appreciated.
  • JonnAndCo
    JonnAndCo
    ✭✭✭
    To answer my own question, supposedly the revive option will take you to the sewers if all the zones are controlled. Unfortunately this didn't work for me, so either I am bugged or my faction took a zone and I didn't notice. Either way the Imperial City can be frustratingly confusing, even for a veteran player. I had to let my revive function time out and automatically revive, which is a huge waste of time.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    JonnAndCo wrote: »
    Any help would be appreciated.

the Imperial City can be frustratingly confusing, even for a veteran player. .
    See this sticky guide: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/598365/whitestrakes-mayhem-101-feb-2022/p1 ....if you haven't already.

And yes , it can be "frustrating" , but it's also PVP and a "war" ...so yeah. ;)
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are 2 options after player death in IC. The one let's you choose a district to spawn in, which appears to be what you're picking. The other is to release, which will respawn you at a district if your alliance owns one or in the sewer base.
  • JonnAndCo
    JonnAndCo
    ✭✭✭
    I should have posted this sooner, but in my case, the problem was a bug. My default option for reviving simply didn't work. I had to remap the option to a different key and then it worked perfectly. Hopefully this might helps someone else with the same issue.

P.S. Oddly enough this only happened in the Imperial City - reviving in Cyrodil has always worked fine for me, which is why I found it so confusing. I don't know why the default option wouldn't work until I remapped it.
    Edited by JonnAndCo on March 18, 2022 10:22PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if your on PC, even i you remap the key, you should be able to always click on the options at the bottom of the screen, so it will work even if it is unmapped entirely

for IC specifically, the "release" option is basically the same thing as the "respawn at wayshrine" one

this will send you to the nearest controlled district, or back to the sewer base if nothing on the surface is controlled

(on PC i think the default key for release is R)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014