The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is bloodthirsty still better than infused in pve?

OWLTHEMAD
OWLTHEMAD
✭✭✭✭
Just as the question says, is bloodthirsty still better than infused?

Is the difference significant?

Best Answer

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OWLTHEMAD wrote: »
    Vevvev wrote: »
    For dealing damage it's better against Bosses than trash packs.

Damage is very significant and the Bloodthirsty trait meets Infused around the 64-65%-ish mark with anything below that HP mark being a straight up improvement. Reason it sucks against trash packs is because most of the damage happens in the beginning with them dying faster than you're able to do consecutive attacks except in the most difficult of content.

64-65% hp?

The reason i ask is because the added spell damage on blood thirsty only applies in the last 10% of a bosses health pool, according too tool tips.

While its ALOT of spell damage and i understand it being a requirement since execute is usually the most critical moment in boss fights, i cant wrap my head how that boost at the last 10% outpaces the moderate boost you could be pulling for the other 90%

It starts giving spell damage when the target is at less than 90% health. If it only gave spell damage when the target had 10% HP it'd be the single worst execute style mechanic in the whole game and receive dozens of threads talking about mind boggling worthless it is.

Think of the 90-0% as a sliding scale the closer you get to 0 from 90 the more % of the spell damage number it gives you. This is why I said Infused damage and Bloodthirsty meet around the 60% mark because at that point their spell/weapon damage values are the same.

Now where Infused will always win is in regards to healing. Why in PvP you don't see people running all Bloodthirsty without a good reason. It's typically 0-1 Bloodthirsty and the rest Infused unless they are going a non-damage route on their glyphs like speed.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Answer ✓
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Damage is very significant and the Bloodthirsty trait meets Infused around the 64-65%-ish mark with anything below that HP mark being a straight up improvement. Reason it sucks against trash packs is because most of the damage happens in the beginning with them dying faster than you're able to do consecutive attacks except in the most difficult of content.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

64-65% hp?

The reason i ask is because the added spell damage on blood thirsty only applies in the last 10% of a bosses health pool, according too tool tips.

While its ALOT of spell damage and i understand it being a requirement since execute is usually the most critical moment in boss fights, i cant wrap my head how that boost at the last 10% outpaces the moderate boost you could be pulling for the other 90%
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bloodthirsty

slaughter_stone-eso-trait-material

Grants Weapon and Spell Damage against targets under 90% Health, scaling linearly per 1% missing Health
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooooooooooh

I miss understood the tooltip and thought they got nerfed from what they were before

While i dont remember what they used to be exactly this makes a lot more sense now.