The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO on M1 iMac 24"

fiender66
fiender66
✭✭✭✭
Is anyone there who runs ESO on a iMac 24", then M1 and slightly wider screen than MacBook?
I'm about to decide if buying one, but I'd like some feedback before.
Thank you
  • Alvalanna
    Alvalanna
    I am playing on a 24" M1 iMac with 16GB RAM. However, I am still using Big Sur as I'm afraid to update to Monterey (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). Ever since update 32 a few months ago, I have not had any problems. The game runs smoothly, the graphics look great, and I have no complaints about playing on a Mac.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alvalanna wrote: »
    I am playing on a 24" M1 iMac with 16GB RAM. However, I am still using Big Sur as I'm afraid to update to Monterey (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). Ever since update 32 a few months ago, I have not had any problems. The game runs smoothly, the graphics look great, and I have no complaints about playing on a Mac.

@Alvalanna

Thank you. I own two iMacs (27" and 21"). I run usually ESO on the 27" 16GB with Catalina: no issues at all.
    On the more recent 21" 8GB I have upgraded to Monterey. ESO runs well, but, needless to say, the graphic performance is not as smooth as on the other machine (less RAM? inferior GPU?), but this was evident also before the OS upgrade.
    No particular advantage with Monterey vs Catalina, but the overall performance (ESO apart) looks a bit slowed down to me.
  • Norgaerth
    Norgaerth
    ✭✭
    I just upgraded my 21"iMac to a new M1 24". I used the copy tool to move everything over, and ESO moved seamlessly (nearly). The first time I tried to launch ESO, the OS told me I needed rosetta, which it installed automatically. ESO worked fine after that, I was able to bump my graphics up a touch without affecting FPS. My only current issue is that I can no longer bind mb4 or 5 to any actions (logitech M510 mouse buttons). Still trying to figure that one out.

EDIT: I went ahead and bought an M650 mouse, using Bluetooth and a newer (better?) logi driver. Still no joy on making MB4/5 work in ESO. This worked fine on my intel 21" iMac, so I guess I'm assuming this is an Apple Silicon problem. If I ever get it working, I'll post an update.
    Edited by Norgaerth on April 16, 2022 10:10PM
  • thedocbwarren
    thedocbwarren
    ✭✭✭
    I play daily on my MacBook Pro 13 M1. There are no issues that aren't reported on the regular forum for Windows users. Performance is good as it can be for this game. I feel it would be likely trivial for this to be recompiled to native but it's a company choice to phase it out.