The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Performance hit with addons

HypnoticMeat
HypnoticMeat
Soul Shriven
When I load ESO on my macbook pro without any addons, the game plays very smoothly. However, when I add even a single addon, the performance takes a massive hit. It goes from taking maybe 15-20 seconds to get to the character selection screen to taking 5-10 minutes. Everything is severely degraded: from the splash screen company logos for ZOS to just the rendering of characters on the selection screen. And once I'm actually in game, it's practically unplayable.

Any ideas why the presence of *any* addons would impact my game so drastically? Even before actually getting logged in where the addons actually come into play?
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a list of the addons you use would help to give a better answer.

Anyway, I only use Map pins and have no issue, provided I keep it adjourned.
  • HypnoticMeat
    HypnoticMeat
    Soul Shriven
    It doesn't seem to matter which addons I try, the game degrades identically with *any*. I've tried it with just Bandits, just Points of Color, and just Map Pins and the behavior is the same every time.

What do you mean by adjourned though? Do you just mean so long as you keep the addon up to date?