The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

melee and casting question

darbok
darbok
Soul Shriven
I play on a basic level, that might be part of the problem. I have a level 50 templar who is magicka everything (destruction/healing staff). I feel like it takes forever to kill most things, where as my level 10 dragon knight who is melee stamina everything, kills stuff pretty quickly and takes less damage since its heavy armor not light. I'd rather play the templar for its healing spec, but I feel a little lost on what to do about soloing with the destruction staff. From what I can tell dragon knights do not make good stanima healers.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What gear is your templar wearing, and what are you fighting?
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the game gives you basically CP 160 stats at level 1 and those stats drop (gear wise) as your character levels unless you keep gear on that is the level of your character.

So your level 10 DK is running higher stats than your level 50 Templar unless your Templar has the same level gear on as it's level.

For example, start a new character and look at all the stats while wearing just junk gear from drops. If you don't put on higher level gear as your character increases in level then your stats drop significantly.

For new characters I have level 10, 20, 30 and 40 gear sets made to keep my character somewhat high in stats during leveling. Once the new character reaches level 50 it jumps to CP 160 gear level (my CP is high) and then I gear up with CP 160 gear sets.

Also, don't forget your Mundus stone.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gear doesn't necessarily get weaker as you level up, just your scaling changes. Like the way armor resistances are calculated is (10 x Your level = How much resistances equals 1% damage resistance). Means at level 50 every 500 resistances equals 1% mitigation, and at CP 160 it's 660 resistances equals 1% mitigation since every 10 CP levels up until that point count as one additional level. See the same with critical resistance but for that one it's just your level equals 1% removed from the incoming critical damage hit. So at max every 66 critical resistance is equal to 1.

But yes OP, your gear matters a lot in PvP as well as buff uptime, self healing, and burst combos.
    Edited by Vevvev on February 20, 2022 4:11PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK