Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

In your opinion what’s the best sets to run with stamplar for pvp

Cameron991
Cameron991
✭✭✭✭
I have genuinely been struggling on deciding what sets to run with my Stamplar. I have crafted stuhns but I don’t know what to pair it with, or if I should just completely use a different set other than stuhns. I’m average at pvp so I’m not sure what are great and easier sets to use I would like to do a good amount of damage while still surviving. I have the resources to craft sets but I don’t know which to do. Also I would appreciate further info such as what glyphs, armor type, enchantment, and trait. Thank you in advance!
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on February 21, 2022 8:21PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run Stuhn's front bar, Wretched Vitality back. I wouldn't say it's the best option there is, but I like it.

Stuhn's is great offensively, but because it doesn't buff your weapon damage as much, your healing suffers a bit. The conventional choice for an offensive proc set would be Clever Alchemist, but I don't like the dependence on potions. Deadly Strike is also always an option on Templar.

Wretched Vitality is nice if you use a lot of magicka skills as well, which might become even more important next patch when we can use BoL/HotD on stamplars. Another decent backbar set is Olorime, although I mostly see it used on magplars.

Either setup leaves you with room for 1 monster set, 1 mythic and 1 trainee. I currently run Balorgh and don't like it as much on Stamplar, Magma Incarnate seems like a better option. For Mythics most popular ones will do, although if you use Malacath you are wasting your +10% Crit Damage passive.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cameron991 wrote: »
    I have genuinely been struggling on deciding what sets to run with my Stamplar. I have crafted stuhns but I don’t know what to pair it with, or if I should just completely use a different set other than stuhns. I’m average at pvp so I’m not sure what are great and easier sets to use I would like to do a good amount of damage while still surviving. I have the resources to craft sets but I don’t know which to do. Also I would appreciate further info such as what glyphs, armor type, enchantment, and trait. Thank you in advance!

Cyrodiil or BG? Over 50 or or lower 50?

For BG you can use what ever you want as long as you have enough penetration and enough protection. Given lag and macro cheating (yeah exists) do not use Stuhn's you will never ever get someone off balance, maybe some odd new player. Use Spriggan.

Same applies to Cyrodiil. However I will tell you that you have no chance to go as a Stamina Templar, warrior of the light etc.

You have to go bark either as Magplar or Magcro.
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're a stamplar and you're not using deadly strikes to spam your jabs, you're playing it wrong.
    Jabs do everything, they're DoT's, they're AoE, they're direct damage, they're channeled, and deadly strikes will buff them up even more.
    You can play templar in other ways for content that doesn't matter or doesn't test your skill, but every class has a specific build you have to discover.
    At least until hybrid builds come next patch.
    Everything else is a flex spot.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been doing a bit of bow/bow and it's been fun.
    You have to be fast/dodge though or you will be smacked ^^

It's a change from the brawler or bubble set ups -> I like to play different from the meta.

*credit to Kristofer - Stamplar Bow/Bow*
    https://youtu.be/VIwRTN21u04

Best, I don't know? Fun, yeah :)
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on February 18, 2022 12:36PM
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're a stamplar and you're not using deadly strikes to spam your jabs, you're playing it wrong.
    Jabs do everything, they're DoT's, they're AoE, they're direct damage, they're channeled, and deadly strikes will buff them up even more.
    You can play templar in other ways for content that doesn't matter or doesn't test your skill, but every class has a specific build you have to discover.

Yeah, I use Deadly Strike and Stuhns on my stamplar. Open up with toppling charge and then spam jabs/execute.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd rather not topple charge prime time Cyrodiil. Before the start of 2020 though; before position desync blew up; Stuns would have been my choice.

Deadly strike front bar is my standard ATM. Backbar a defensive set.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

A skill component cannot be both DoT and direct damage at the same time. Jabs has not been a DoT since Elsweyr was released. Deadly buffs jabs because it is a channel.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jabs is AoE and direct damage. It’s no longer a DoT
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I use Deadly Strike and Stuhns on my stamplar. Open up with toppling charge and then spam jabs/execute.

Spriggans over Stuhns. Considering how many macro users are in Cyrodiil atm, you will never get them off balance.
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skinnycheeks presented an interesting build with magplar that used Plaguebreak and Azureblight that looked cancerous, and I'm sure it could be adapted to stamplar because it relies on jabs. You could also pair either of those with Deadly or Swamp Raider just fine, if you don't have time to farm (I'd probably drop the Azureblight).

That being said, I usually run Deadly and Spriggans, which is bare bones but effective. Heartland's Conqueror is also a great set for customizability, front bar pen/nirn and back bar defending, and good to go.
  • Y_Sync
    Y_Sync
    ✭✭
    Playing Stamplar since ive started the game back in 2016. Mainly PvP and my Setup is Deadly on Frontbar and Powerful Assault on Backbar. Running 2 Handed Maul in Nirnhoned and Weapon Damage Glyph and Backbar Sword and Board in Powered and Sturdy. Monster Set ist either Balorgh or Magma Incarnate or Whatever you want. On Chest i run 1 Piece Trainee in Heavy Reinforced and 1 Mythic Jewelry Piece. For Mythic i run most of the Time Tonal Torque all infused with weapon damage on it. 4 Medium and 3 Heavy Pieces. On big pieces i use 3 stat glyphs and buffood is artaeum takeaway broth. Mundane is serpent.
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Y_Sync wrote: »
    Playing Stamplar since ive started the game back in 2016. Mainly PvP and my Setup is Deadly on Frontbar and Powerful Assault on Backbar. Running 2 Handed Maul in Nirnhoned and Weapon Damage Glyph and Backbar Sword and Board in Powered and Sturdy. Monster Set ist either Balorgh or Magma Incarnate or Whatever you want. On Chest i run 1 Piece Trainee in Heavy Reinforced and 1 Mythic Jewelry Piece. For Mythic i run most of the Time Tonal Torque all infused with weapon damage on it. 4 Medium and 3 Heavy Pieces. On big pieces i use 3 stat glyphs and buffood is artaeum takeaway broth. Mundane is serpent.

What attributes do you run and are the other pieces Stam glyphs? Does this build have a lot of damage and survivability?
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoying my stamplar lately, it's got nothing on a magplar but can pull a decent performance in a small group. On my current main setup I've gone with Wretched Vitality front bar with Hist Sap SnB back bar, markyn ring mythic, 1pc trainee chest piece and either Bloodspawn or Magma monster set. The damage is very solid but Stamplars most important stat is probably magicka recovery since being able to keep up Living Dark is of high priority, since staying alive on stamplar can be pretty challenging compared to magicka templar. Other sets you can use are Clever Alchemist back bar or Powerful Assault if you're playing in a group.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are many setups you can use. Rush of Agony, Plaguebreak, Powerful Assault, Dagon's, Deadly. You can choose a 1p mythic with a 1p trainee. Or just go monster. or as @Y_Sync mentioned, doing a backbar set/front bar setup will let you run a monster and a 1p mythic/1p trainee.

My all time favorite setup has to be Dragon's Appetite with Unleashed and Mael 2H. Need bleeds to get Dragon's to work. But jabbing will give you a hefty heal every 5 secs. Let's you keep up more pressure.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t use Deadly Strikes as a stamplar but I also don’t use jabs much, too hard to get them to land reliably. I wonder if it works better for mag toons.

Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t use Deadly Strikes as a stamplar but I also don’t use jabs much, too hard to get them to land reliably. I wonder if it works better for mag toons.

Really I couldn’t imagine using Stamplar without jabs hahaha
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I use them a bit on mag and stam when doing PvP but not a lot. It depends what you are up against. Jabs are channeled and don't give you a damage shield and most PvPers seem to dodge roll the moment they see a jab 8)

Too many toons not enough time
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I sometimes get pummeled by other Templars and it’s just a flurry of jabs, so I assume they are magplars. I’m lucky to get 1 or 2 hits each time myself.

As a stam toon I’m used to relying on weapons skills instead of class skills anyway for the lack of good stamina options.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I sometimes get pummeled by other Templars and it’s just a flurry of jabs, so I assume they are magplars. I’m lucky to get 1 or 2 hits each time myself.

As a stam toon I’m used to relying on weapons skills instead of class skills anyway for the lack of good stamina options.

Run or dodge roll through them. It's kind of counter intuitive that you go through someone but it's how the game works, spin and hit them with something hard and unpleasant like wrecking blow or a cc or fear. As they are channeling they'll still be jabbing in the original direction for the rest of the jab time and not blocking.

On a sorc streak through them as it'll move you to ranged, damage and stun them.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Run or dodge roll through them. It's kind of counter intuitive that you go through someone but it's how the game works, spin and hit them with something hard and unpleasant like wrecking blow or a cc or fear. As they are channeling they'll still be jabbing in the original direction for the rest of the jab time and not blocking.

On a sorc streak through them as it'll move you to ranged, damage and stun them.

All of those skills I think are magicka so not much use for me. I said I was stamplar.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

All of those skills I think are magicka so not much use for me. I said I was stamplar.

Wrecking blow is a 2-handed (stamina weapon) skill.

For cc on a stamplar, you can using the Aedric Spear ability Piercing Javelin (which will go through block next patch and ignores resistances) or Turn Evil (fear from Fighters Guild line - costs stamina).
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aside from the fact they are not a stamplar has a magicka pool and it's very useful to have both in play or you are wasting resources. It's your shields, heals and more. Stepping through someone is the important bit, and that's stamina 8)