Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best Mythic?

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I have currently

Ring of the Pale Order
Malacath Band of Brutality
Ring of the Wild Hunt

I run a 2H axe and Resto staff...

Templar ....Running Pariah....

Which one should I run, or should I choose something else?

Thoughts?

Tanks!

Z
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds, solo pvp or group stuff?
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Battlegrounds, solo pvp or group stuff?

Thanks for that!

Cyrodiil or Imperial City
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like having ring of the wild hunt for getting around cyro without a mount (you know for those cases when you get perma stuck in combat)

malacath isnt quite as good as it used to be so i wouldnt recommend it, its even weaker now that most procs crit (unless your trying to get bigger plaguebreak numbers as that set cannot crit)

pale order is ok, as long as your playing solo

other good ones that you didnt mention you had yet:
    • snow treaders (you cannot sprint, but you also cannot be snared/immobilized by anything considered purgeable)
    • gaze of sithis (good for no proc campaigns)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    i like having ring of the wild hunt for getting around cyro without a mount (you know for those cases when you get perma stuck in combat)

malacath isnt quite as good as it used to be so i wouldnt recommend it, its even weaker now that most procs crit (unless your trying to get bigger plaguebreak numbers as that set cannot crit)

pale order is ok, as long as your playing solo

other good ones that you didnt mention you had yet:
    • snow treaders (you cannot sprint, but you also cannot be snared/immobilized by anything considered purgeable)
    • gaze of sithis (good for no proc campaigns)

Thanks @Necrotech_Master - I still have yet to get Snow Treader!!! Will start looking!
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're spending enough time being in combat I'd personally go death dealers fete, it's a hefty boost to both of your resources and health making it both defensive and offensive enough, if you need survivability strictly and not blocking a lot / have channels I'd try Sithis, it can be really strong and make a difference, from my magblade experience.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonal Torc for me. It's such a massive crutch I stopped using it but perfect for a stamblade. Damage with your stam, evade with your magick; endless resources.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the end what matters is your overall build. Do you have enough max resources, recovery, damage, defense, and speed to be able to PVP effectively and be competitive? If not, what is it that you feel you're missing? Then you may want to decide on your mythic based on that answer. If you have 2 5-piece sets that you really like and you feel you're lacking in 1 or 2 areas see if you can find a mythic to fill both of them or maybe a mythic and changing a glyph or 2, trait, or even your mundus or food. There is no "best" but there may be a "best" considering the rest of your build.

For example in no CP PVP I'm getting my sustain from mundus, food, and a jewelry glyph or 2. So I don't need the Torc. I decided to put all 64-points in max stam and my health was low. I also wanted more defense. So for my build Gaze of Sithis gave me lots of armor I wanted and health and complimented the rest of my build. It filled in the gaps. I could just as easily have put more points into health instead in my attributes. Then I could have changed the mundus from Serpent to The Tower, or made more of my armor max stam glyphs. And I could have given myself more recovery via food/drink option and another jewelry glyph. As long as you are optimized, meaning you get everything you need from somewhere and have no huge weaknesses, you are good.

I'm finishing a stam bow ganker build with 2 offensive sets and don't need defense or sustain really. So I'm using Ring of the WIld Hunt to move in and out of fights quickly and hopefully not get caught or I'm dead quickly because of low health and defense. It frees up my jewelry to be all infused weapon damage for the strongest gank possible instead of needing a swift jewelry piece or 2. (Speed is pretty important in PVP)

On my stamblade brawler build I need sustain and defense so I'm using Gaze of Sithis which to me seems hard to beat in terms of getting that amount of health and armor from 1-spot in your gear setup. It depends on the exact build and what you need.
    Edited by malistorr on February 19, 2022 12:03AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My entirely biased, personal answer: Wild Hunt. Why?
    • Speed rules for defense.
    • Speed rules to keep your target in your hitbox for all 4 strikes of Puncturing Sweeps / Jabs.
    • It is one of the best PvP items by popular consensus. Less talked about than Malacath in it's day, I've nonetheless seen it being put as S-tier alongside pre-nerf Malacath. These days the Markyn ring probably takes the place of Malacath.
    I tried Pale Order in PvP on my magplar. I duelled with it in one particular session against a very good player. The whole idea was to maximise healing from damage, so I could stay on the attack. It was decent, but not better than other builds. Meh. It's really a solo PvE item IMO. As soon as you group, it gets diluted.

Personally I have never been a fan of Malacath. Templars have a crit passive. You also benefit from crit healing. I'd rather build for some half decent crit, in the 30% to 40% range, than wear Malacath. Then again, I prefer light and medium over heavy armor in general. If you are more of a heavy armor player, then Malacath may make sense. Historically I've found my damage takes too much of a drop in heavy for my liking.

I think the Torc is like Marmite. Very playstyle dependent. Personally I hate it. It gives you the resource that you don't need. I've never had a build where that worked for me, not even my dark-dealing stamsorc. It's probably something you need to carefully build for and adjust your playstyle towards. If you are the sort of stamblade that constantly shades, but doesn't have any real mag sustain, this works. If you are a player that heavy attacks for stamina as a matter of routine, great. You've already built for borderline conventional sustain and learnt to play around that. On a stamplar, maybe if you use Toppling Charge and you always keep your Ritual or the healing bubble up. On a magplar I wouldn't let my stam run low, though (pool too small and you need to break free). In fact I'm quite the opposite. I'm much more likely to run Wretched Vitality and sacrifice damage for greater sustain, because I prefer the way that plays. So which player are you? The heavy attack weaving player who's also always low on their off stat? Great! The Torc is for you. You quite possibly will have high damage, since you're not investing much else in sustain, and you're likely a good dueller. At the very least you are an experienced player with a well-defined playstyle that lets you judge your sustain and build for it so borderline that you're always in range of the Torc. However if, like me, you don't give much of a rat's behind about ultimate damage / duelling / proving you're the best anymore, if you play a more opportunistic playstyle, if you just want to be where the action is and not constantly exhausted, if you don't mind sacrificing some damage for sustain, because there are always players you won't be able to kill anyway, then you will probably like to build for better straight up sustain and the Torc won't be for you.

Gaze of Sithis is something to try on a templar, especially in Ravenwatch.

I find Snow Treaders very niche. I run Race Against Time or Shuffle on most of my builds. In general Snow Traders pale in comparison to Wild Hunt for me, but I do like them on my stamsorc, probably because that class has another mode of movement, e.g. Streak. On any other class: No. On nightblades Wild Hunt is loads better.

Markyn Ring of Majesty: The meta. Considered the best compromise by many, probably for all builds, even with just a 2x bonus from it.

Death Dealer's Fete: Something you might want to carefully look at. Do you have a health target, such as 30K? Do you want more of your off stat? Is the Markyn Ring really giving you that much weapon / spell damage? Generally, on a magplar especially (Minor Sorcery) Markyn should win. This can be build-dependent, though.

Bloodlord's Embrace: I can only imagine this as part of some troll tank build.

Thrassian Stranglers: Nope. Not suitable for PvP (cause you will die). IMO a speciality item for solo arena speed runs.

Pearls of Ehlnofey: What's this? Why does it exist?

Harpooner's Wading Kilt: A PvE DDs wet dream. Not suitable for PvP.

Shapeshifter's Chain: I assume it may be good for werewolves. Doesn't look tempting to me. Maybe for a clowncro.

Belharza's Band: I have no idea. If this thing works with Overload, who knows.

Spaulder of Ruin: Don't touch my sustain! I'm a solo player. This looks like a group set, a really weird group set. What would you be doing in crouch, in the middle of the fight? I guess if you were a vamp with no movement penality and you were wearing Darloc Brae, you could probably buff your 12-man group with this quite happily all day.
    Edited by fred4 on February 20, 2022 7:44PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What others have said: It all depends on your build and build philosophy. Is the mythic filling a gap? That's good. However you should carefully look at how much the mythic gives you in both absolute terms and for your build. Sithis gives you a lot of stats. Are you looking for all of them? Do you actually care about the health regen, for example? Sure it's nice to have, even in it's nerfed state, but if you don't really care, then it's not worth that much. On the other hand you could build into it and make that part of your build philosophy. Wear Sithis. Wear an Endurance back bar and 1x jewelry for example. I've got my stamsorc up to 4K health regen, fully buffed, in CP PvP. It's still an option, although I use Strategic Reserve CP and sorc is in the unique position to blow their ultimate only gradually with Overload. Thus, I think, this approach has a particular synergy with sorc. However even getting health regen to 2K is something you will feel. A templar might slot Repentance for the Minor Endurance buff. If that doesn't fit on your bar or you're not using it already, then Sithis is just that little bit worse in your build than in others.

On the other hand, you're wearing Pariah. Sithis is a good match for that. If you're building for resistances, it works best to stack them high. For an example of something different, though, here's my magplar build:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=422100

I don't value tankiness that much anymore, but have replaced it with mobility and dodge roll sustain. I'm also running a 1H+S back bar, because in my practical experience that makes you feel tanky more than anything. The back bar is tankier. Block casting Honor the Dead without quickly depleting your stamina makes you feel tanky. The Spell Wall ult is great on templar. Then there's Well-Fitted armor and stam sustain not only from Wretched Vitality, but from the stamina rune. That enables a stamina-class-like dodge rolling playstyle. Zoal is also a fantastic set for me, especially in combination with Slippery CP. It saves you when you're at your most vulnerable. So you can see that, in my build, Sithis wouldn't do much for me. I don't major on being tanky. I major in mass-CCing the melee players in the zerg that's chasing me down, or counter-stunning the would-be ganker that's attacking me, and mitigating damage via high movement and line-of-sight. I also block-heal when I'm in trouble. The things that Sithis would give me would be nice to have indeed, but they're not central to my build.
    Edited by fred4 on February 20, 2022 7:46PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markyn ring of majesty, one of the few mythics that has no compromise to your build, you can run your normal set up and not have to change or adjust anything. A lot of mythics come with compromises and the only time you "compromise" is when you choose to build into it to get the full bonus, but you don't have to at all.

It gives you tankiness and damage, if you're the type of player that wants a dense stat sheet or be able to be "jack of all trades" this definitely helps you in that department without sacrificing or making your build lopsided
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

Spaulder of Ruin: Don't touch my sustain! I'm a solo player. This looks like a group set, a really weird group set. What would you be doing in crouch, in the middle of the fight? I guess if you were a vamp with no movement penality and you were wearing Darloc Brae, you could probably buff your 12-man group with this quite happily all day.

It's mainly for trials. You don't stay in crouch. You crouch and stand up one time and it stays on. You don't have to be in combat to activate it, (unless you die.)
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aha! Thanks for clearing that up.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mainly use Ring of the Wild Hunt as the movement speed is a real game changer in places like IC and Cyrodiil. Not sure about BGs tho, as I haven’t touched that in a good while.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    . Pearls of Ehlnofey: What's this? Why does it exist

Before they nerfed magblade healers healthy offering, we used this to have unrivalled ult generation. It was absolutely fantastic.

• McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    imo Markyn Ring and DDF are the best mythics out there right now.

Snow Tread, Torc, and RotWH are probably all relatively equal in value and just a step behind the other 2.

Malacath is now entirely build specific.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not have Markyn....did not even know about it.

So I am running a 5pc (Pariah) 2pc jewelry (3rd is Ring of the Wild Hunt)
    This means I will only get the bonus for the 5pc, right? I would have to drop the 5 piece to get more value?

How are others using it?

Tanks!

Z
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 I'm not sure I understand your question but I'll give an answer a try based on what I think you're asking. Many people are using 2 5-piece sets. So for the 11th and 12th pieces you have options. Many people will go with a mythic and 1 piece from a monster set. You could also just go both pieces of a monster set depending on which mythic you choose. For example, Gaze of Sithis is a helmet so if you use that you can't use a complete monster set, you can only use shoulders. (I recommend Domihaus for most max resources or Magma Incarnate if you need recovery) But if you were to use a mythic ring you can still use a complete monster set if you can fit it into your build. That's why theory-crafting and putting a build together can be quite the task. It gets easier if you're talking no CP PVP because you can only use about 20-30% of all sets. But for CP PVP and PVE the options are pretty endless. The only thing that makes it easier these days is that 50%+ of sets are garbage and nobody decent would ever use them.

There is also the concept of back-barring and front-barring sets. For example you can use your primary weapon as a Clever Alchemist Maul for example and make 3 of your other gear pieces from that set. Since the weapon counts for 2-pieces that would be 5-pieces of that set when you are on your primary/front bar weapon. Then you can make your secondary/back bar weapon from a different set and have 3-other pieces of your gear as that set also. So you only enjoy all bonuses of that front-bar set on the front bar and same with the back bar set on that secondary weapon/bar. So most people who do this go front-bar offensive set with offensive skills and back-bar defensive/buffing/healing skills with a defensive (or healing buffing) set. Then you fill in the extra item slots with your favorite choices of mythic/monster/3-item set like Agility, Grace of the Ancients, or Trainee.

If you already knew some/all of this I'm sorry. I may not have understood what you were asking. But if you want 2 5-piece sets that are "up" 100% of the time then your front and back bar weapons have to be from the same set. You use 3 other items slots from that same set so you have 5-pieces total. Many people will have 3 jewelry and the 2-weapons as 1 set and 5-armor as the 2nd set. Then go with a monster set or a mythic and 1-piece monster. And if you want to get more confusing you get into the front/back bar scenario above.

And even another option is going with a special weapon like 1 of the perfected weapons from a veteran arena. That 2-piece item is almost like it's own monster set or mythic. So you'd front-bar that typically, go with 2 5-piece sets probably, and have a back bar weapon that provides decent stats by itself. For example a trainee weapon would give a lot of health and magic for just a 2-piece. If this is confusing sorry. There are just so many options for builds these days. And building for PVE vs. PVP is much different as is building for CP PVP vs. no-CP PVP.
    Edited by malistorr on February 21, 2022 6:56PM
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    I do not have Markyn....did not even know about it.

So I am running a 5pc (Pariah) 2pc jewelry (3rd is Ring of the Wild Hunt)
    This means I will only get the bonus for the 5pc, right? I would have to drop the 5 piece to get more value?

How are others using it?

Tanks!

Z

You could run 2 different 5 pc sets, 1 pc monster, and the Markyn or any mythic really. (Could do an arena weapon on back or front bar also)

or

Front bar set (3pc 24/7), Back bar set (3pc 24/7), 1pc trainee, and a monster set.

alternatively, you could run a 5pc set, one of the 3pc sets (1 jewelry & weapon slots), and 3pc trainee .... or ... the front bar/back bar option, with 3 trainee instead of 1 trainee and a monster set. (Markyn ring builds only, but not quite best in slot tbh - very stat dense though)
    Edited by McTaterskins on February 21, 2022 6:53PM
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why most people view Markyn as superior to Malacath?

I’m not sure I get it
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    Why most people view Markyn as superior to Malacath?

I’m not sure I get it

It depends on your build, malacath is generally more damage if you have low crit rate or are running proc sets that don't scale on weapon/spell damage. Even if not it does buff up tooltips more then markyn in most cases. Markyn can be better for damage if you have decent crit rate and crit damage passives. But people say markyn is better because it does everything, it buffs damage, heals and makes you tankier. Malacath just buffs damage, and more people will probably take the mythic that has more then one effect on a build. I use both though and i swap depending on what class and build i'm running and whether i need to be tankier and damage/heals or want more consistent damage.
    Edited by Akinos on February 22, 2022 3:12AM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    If my crit rate is less than 40%, I'll use Malacath on a build.
    40% crit rate is the bare minimum for me.

Markyn's defense bonus in addition to Minor Courage/Minor Resolve from Magma Incarante is about 5300 armor. That's very nice when trying to defend against the minimum penetration most overland players use of about 15k. It nearly wipes out Major Breach.

Honestly, speed is your best trait to have though. If you can super kite 1vxers and keep targets in your hit box, that's really the most important trait to have.
    Edited by soniku4ikblis on February 22, 2022 7:14AM
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally will never choose Markyn over Gaze. Even without the health recovery considered, what Gaze offers is more than Markyn. You get almost 3,300 health which would take about half of your attributes to acquire or 2-3 gear slots and twice as much armor as you'd get wearing Markyn with 2 5-piece sets. I don't think its' a comparison really because, well, math...

You can get more spell or weapon damage from your jewelry enchants, your other gear bonuses, and Major Brutality and Sorcery. So any kind of melee/brawler stam toon I'd definitely go Gaze. The health and armor is just too valuable. For a bow ganker I'd go ROTWH so you can free up your jewelry for infused w/ weapon damange. For any other type of PVP toon that doesn't have at least close to 50% crit chance I'd probably go Malakath. Or if you really want to go glass cannon for a melee stam toon (besides armor traits) you can go Malakath too as your crit chance is going to be low with most viable gear options these days anyway.

If you don't use ROTWH I'd definitely go 1 or 2 swift jewelry so you can keep up with or escape most other players. So many people are buffing speed these days so you won't do well if you don't also.