The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can my healer build be improved?

Arbit
Arbit
✭✭✭✭
So I built a healer build for trials/dungeons and was wondering if it could be improved. Ive always wanted to try these sets and I think they compliment each other so I am trying both.

Body = Catalyst
Jewelry + front bar resto = Z’ens
Backbar = vateshran lightning staff
Helm + shoulder = symphony of blades (waiting for nunatak to come out then I’ll replace with that)

Skills:
Front bar = enchanted growth, grand healing, combat prayer, regeneration, orb.

Backbar = lightning wall of elements, winters revenge, elemental drain, fetcher infection, scorching fire rune.

Did I mention I’m a warden? But ya, lots of proc for the catalyst with each element. Lightning, Ice, and fire, plus vateshran tether procs it with its elements too (not sure if I’m being excessive or not).

Do all these count towards z’ens as well or am I out to lunch on what might count towards z’ens? Shouldn’t be a problem to proc nunatak when it comes out, for more debuffs, with winters revenge on my bar I think.

Is my build a little excessive in some spots? Is it working properly? How can it be improved?
Edited by Arbit on February 15, 2022 5:26PM
Argonian Master Race
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unless they change nunatak on the PTS before it reaches live, i would not recommend it in the current state due to:
    • weak dps
    • has armor bonus
    • major brittle doesnt proc on enemies immune to cc (immune to the immobilize)

bolded item is the big kicker
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh damn… didn’t know it wouldn’t proc on bosses… that’s pretty terrible honestly xD thank you for the heads up! Would’ve hated to have gotten it then be super disappointed~
    Argonian Master Race
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool build. My only gear suggestion would be dropping the Vateshran Staff for something better. Maybe run a Z'en's Lightning Staff back bar and a Master Resto front bar to give more resources. Or for more damage you could just use a Maelstrom Staff back bar yourself, assuming you are light attack weaving.

You could try to fit expansive frost cloak. That's a great defensive buff for the group. Hard to make room with those bars though, maybe drop Regeneration. You also don't have many DoTs for Z'en's, only Scalding Rune and Fetcher. I'm not sure how you'd fit it, but something like Entropy or Barbed Trap would help increase the debuff, and maybe use a Charged trait with Fire Glyph to get some burning uptime (it is a Zens DoT).
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arbit wrote: »
    Oh damn… didn’t know it wouldn’t proc on bosses… that’s pretty terrible honestly xD thank you for the heads up! Would’ve hated to have gotten it then be super disappointed~

hopefully something will happen to it before its gets live and there is a long thread on the PTS section of the forum about all of the numerous problems of the set

if they do change the brittle to affect anything that gets hit by 4 ticks of the aoe, then i could see it being more useful for pve
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool build. My only gear suggestion would be dropping the Vateshran Staff for something better. Maybe run a Z'en's Lightning Staff back bar and a Master Resto front bar to give more resources. Or for more damage you could just use a Maelstrom Staff back bar yourself, assuming you are light attack weaving.

You could try to fit expansive frost cloak. That's a great defensive buff for the group. Hard to make room with those bars though, maybe drop Regeneration. You also don't have many DoTs for Z'en's, only Scalding Rune and Fetcher. I'm not sure how you'd fit it, but something like Entropy or Barbed Trap would help increase the debuff, and maybe use a Charged trait with Fire Glyph to get some burning uptime (it is a Zens DoT).

I thought vateshran would be good for uptime on catalyst. I actually was using master resto before, but I guess if it’s already enough with the skills in my kit I can drop the vat staff.

There’s no way I could fit frost cloak on my bars xD I actually dropped it and Betty netch cause my bars are so packed right now. I might drop regeneration or elemental drain (with 2 healers the other could probably carry ele drain) in trials in favour of entropy since it would also buff my heals. Both my staves right now are charged so maybe I’ll put poison on one and fire on the other~ That would amount to 5 dots, but not quite gonna make 5% at 100% of the time like I had hoped.

Gonna be a hell of a debuff/buff rotation in trials xD I’ll cut myself some slack in dungeons with uptime tho lol.
    Argonian Master Race
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried it out and tbh… I spend so much time trying to buff and debuff I have no time to heal or vice versa. So I grabbed the set grisly gourmet for dungeoning, since it has the chance for some pretty wicked buffs. I replaced z’ens because it’s more difficult to run. Only problem with grisly gourmet tho, is that most ppl don’t know what the little pastry is or does. So getting ppl to use it without informing them is kinda uncommon.
    Edited by Arbit on February 16, 2022 3:51PM
    Argonian Master Race
  • Lenny_linguine
    So I built a healer build for trials/dungeons and was wondering if it could be improved. Ive always wanted to try these sets and I think they compliment each other so I am trying both.

Body = Catalyst
    Jewelry + front bar resto = Z’ens
    Backbar = vateshran lightning staff
    Helm + shoulder = symphony of blades (waiting for nunatak to come out then I’ll replace with that)

Skills:
    Front bar = enchanted growth, grand healing, combat prayer, regeneration, orb.

Backbar = lightning wall of elements, winters revenge, elemental drain, fetcher infection, scorching fire rune.

Did I mention I’m a warden? But ya, lots of proc for the catalyst with each element. Lightning, Ice, and fire, plus vateshran tether procs it with its elements too (not sure if I’m being excessive or not).

Do all these count towards z’ens as well or am I out to lunch on what might count towards z’ens? Shouldn’t be a problem to proc nunatak when it comes out, for more debuffs, with winters revenge on my bar I think.

Is my build a little excessive in some spots? Is it working properly? How can it be improved?

As it stands in your set up only your fletcher infection and fire rune cout to z'en and buring proc if its up. I can really appreciate the thought that's gone into your build here with both zen and cat to buff your group. However, if your looking to improve your healer I would suggest you completely drop zen. for a few reasons. The first of which, your not getting a the 5 % up 100% of the time. Being really generous you would get an average of 2.5% damage boost to your team with your zen set up. This leads into the second reason and that is that Z'en is almost exclusively used on DK's stam or mag, because they are able to keep 5% up 100% of the time and they can do it on a dps set up, because of the way the 5 piece bonus works it basically requires it to be on a dps because you need to use 5 dots that are applied specifically to the target not on the ground like wall.

Now with regards to catalyst. If you keep all three weakness up you will get 15% crit damage for your group. Your set up allows this to be up 100% of the time which is awesome, and if you wanted you could keep it. However, again a dps or an off tank would typically run this and only need to use 1 skill to keep all weakness up 100% of the time. force pulse. To add to this, typically optimised dps have about 60-70% crit chance. Which means that if you add 15 % more crit damage its actually an 8-10% damage boost depending. This is still great, however because a tank could run it or another dps in a trial situation you and your team would probably benefit from you running something else that boost the team that they cant run. Also you are dedicating three skills to keep this ability up, which in hard dungeon content may also hurt your group. I know from my own testing, I can run a DK dps with zen and catalyst and keep both up 90+ % of the time and still parse 78k. so in a trial setting, have a dps run that, while you run other sets is likely going to be better for the group overall and you can buff that dps too.

Ultimately though the catalyst is up to you, but Zen would be beneficial to change to either olorim or SPC they give 430 weapon and spell damage, which goes up to 600+ with sorcery and brutality buffs. this will give a 10% dps buff depending on how optimised the group is, it does not require you to tailor your skills, its difficult to use on anything but a healer and as long as you use basic heals the group will always be buffed, especially if you use Spell power cure (SPC). If you do opt to move away from catalyst. something like master architect will give major slayer, which is a unique multiplicative 10% buff to the group, so will out perform catalyst and all you need to do is ultimate and you will get 30-50 seconds of the buff. which again frees you up to run alot of other skills on your bar. Either way, your build is still cool, and its thought full can play how you like at the end of the day, just my insight hope you find it helpful :)
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried it out and tbh… I spend so much time trying to buff and debuff I have no time to heal or vice versa. So I grabbed the set grisly gourmet for dungeoning, since it has the chance for some pretty wicked buffs. I replaced z’ens because it’s more difficult to run. Only problem with grisly gourmet tho, is that most ppl don’t know what the little pastry is or does. So getting ppl to use it without informing them is kinda uncommon.

Its true! My main character wheres it for fun overland (her name is The Golden Sweetroll) and i've yet to see someone step on the lovely sweetroll with the thick green nice line around it except by accident.
    Soupy twist