The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Find a build for me

Dimski
Dimski
✭✭✭
I am always trying to find the best build for me, but usually I find a reason to dislike it. I figure, I'd ask the community and see what they come up with.
A couple of boundaries:
  • Stamina, or stamina hybrid
  • I like 2hd
  • I don't like bows
  • I am old, slow and don't have much training in terms of pvp. If I have to mess around with line of sight, I'll hate it.
  • I love DKs, I don't like nightblades or templars. It doesn't mean it has to be the one and can't be the other, it means I am easier to convince to play a DK, and it's harder to make me play NB or templar.
  • I don't need the last detail of a build, the general ideas behind it will do. But I will certainly lookup a premade build on one of the usual sites.

Any help or ideas?
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited. Didn´t want to sound too unfriendly.
    Edited by Kaysha on February 14, 2022 8:18AM
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should just "play the map" of Cyrodiil and don´t care about dying.
    For that playstyle anything tanky with speed and some selfheals will do and perform great.
    Get some siege equipment and have fun.
    Edited by Kaysha on February 14, 2022 8:20AM
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DK Master Cleave build: PlagueBreak/Dagon's or some other non proc damage set/Monster set or Mythic. You could do some backbar stuff, but if you want to keep it simple there ya go.

Wait for a player's dark convergence cluster or a choke point cluster & ultimate/spam cleave!

No titanic/master cleave?, you will still get your pops if you're patient w/your timing and wait for those clusters.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on February 14, 2022 2:50AM
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've kind of narrowed it down a fair bit already.

You want stam and like 2hd but don't like bows - so you're running 2h + SnB toon. Not saying there arn't other things you can do, but that's the obvious combo.

You don't like nightblades or templars, so its stamdk, stamcro, stamden, or stamsorc. But you hate messing around with line of sight. So you want something that's probably more on the tanky side, than on the mobility side. Which rules out stam sorc.

You're also old and slow. So I'm gonna rule out stamcro. Way too clicky for me, you're managing more buffs than other classes, they're all on diff timers plus you've got the corpse mini game to take care of.

So you're a 2h/snb stamdk or stamden.

Given you like stamdk's and probably already have one, that might be your best bet. Starting from sctach though, I'd probably go warden. They're a bit down right now post artic nerf, but still not bad. And long term it's all swings and roundabouts anyway.

Nice things about the warden is they have the full package of skills - major brutality, major resolve + minor protection, major expedition, beserk + good burst from shalks and dawnbreaker + lots of heals.

They're also pretty simple to play. You've got two main buffs to keep up, both on a 24 second timer. Shalks goes off automatically, you just need to refresh it every 6 seconds and make sure you're facing the target. You time you're other stuff round that.

In terms of builds, you want some defense, some offense.

Starting with the defence, the meta type stuff are sets you can backbar like daedric trickery. But you're old, slow and don't have much training in terms of pvp so I'd keep it simple to start. You don't want to have to mess round going to your back bar every 9 seconds to refresh buffs. Just go pariah (either 5 body, or body + jewels) and stage 3 vampire. Boring, bit old but effective. And up all the time.

For offence, running dagons' dominion (buffs all AOE) + cleave esp is master's 2h wd be strong as wolfpaw says. Dagon's would buff both your shalks and you're cleave. I'd probably go for a proc set to start though. I'm not a huge fan of plaguebreak - it's not that good unless someone dies / purges but there are plenty of other's around.

I wonder if the simplest set up might be the old maelstrom 2h and unleashed terror set up. It got nerfed but then procs can crit now. And it's dead easy. Basically, you'd hit shalks, stampede in (triggerring the stampede dot, the maelstrom 2h's dot, and unleashed terror), then hit them with a dizzying swing or two and then - ideally timed to go off with your shalks - slap on a dawnbreaker and an execute.

For the rest, I'd guess the choice nowadays is either balorgh's (god mode at 500 ulti) or a mythic - malacath's (constant +16% damage) or markyn (cpl of hundred extra dmg and cpl of thousan extra armor). Personally, I'd say go with the mythic. You don't want to faff around building up ulti to start off with, you can just jump in and start swinging.

Edited by Larcomar on February 14, 2022 10:40AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Larcomar - that was like the best build advice post, ever :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Dimski
    Dimski
    ✭✭✭
    @Larcomar "s build looks pretty close to Deltia"s here: https://deltiasgaming.com/builds/eso-stamina-warden-pvp-build/
    I guess I'll start there and see where it leads me.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look's interesting. Not least because you're not dependent on dizzy; it can be a pain in lag. Personally, I'd start out a little tankier - hence why I thought pariah but certainly maybe a bit more heavy. Deltia probably has the reactions of a cat, eyes in the back of his head and the ability to headshot you at 50m while doing a backflip tripple summersault. I don't. But YMMV. I only tried crest briefly but didn't get on with it that much. Warden also has pretty good heals. Main thing is, jump in, see how you like it. Warden's might not be flavour of the month right now, but they're a great all round class.

And @gensocal: Thank you!
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To add on to what @Larcomar said, Warden also has access to major and minor protection, which combined will reduce damage by 15%. Major protection (10% damage reduction) is from an ultimate, but with the Permafrost morph you get it for 12 seconds. Combine that with Ice Fortress which gives major resolve (~6k armor) and minor protection (5% damage reduction), as well as Pariah and vamp stage 3 -- both of which make you tankier the less health you have -- you can take a lot of heat and survive. You don't _have_ to be a vampire though (unless you already are).

The no proc/no CP campaign, Ravenwatch, is a good option because there aren't a lot of the blow-you-up-in-an-instant builds that you see in the proc campaigns. DKs with Corrosive armor active are probably the biggest threat. There are bow-gankers but if you build tanky they are less effective. Wardens especially can thwart ranged attacks via the use of Shimmering Shield, which absorbs damage from up to 3 ranged attacks up to a certain amount, and gives you major heroism (great for building up your next Permafrost ulti). This also prevents some of the magsorc cheese you run into.

Here's my suggestion for how you can build if you want to play in Ravenwatch: Dagon's Dominion is probably the best offensive set you can use here, but if you ensure you're nigh unkillable then Ancient Dragonguard is an option. Pair that with Pariah, 1 piece of either a monster item or trainee (I recommend 1 Magma Incarnate for Wardens since you could use the extra mag and stam recovery), and a mythic item (malacath, markyn, wild hunt, or torc -- gaze of sithis would be okay but with sword and shield equipped it defeats the purpose). Markyn is a nice mythic because it boosts both your offense and your defense, and because we like a little more magic sustain on warden that means Torc is a good option also. With Markyn you might even go 3 triple recovery glyphs (using the newish Indeko rune) on infused jewelry.

2h bar: Shalks, Brawler (gives damage shield and is AOE, can work as a spammable), Executioner, Bird of Prey, Shimmering Shield, and Permafrost

Sword and shield bar: Ice Fortress, Leeching vines, Arctic blast, vigor, bull netch, and healing thicket.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    To add on to what @Larcomar said, Warden also has access to major and minor protection, which combined will reduce damage by 15%. Major protection (10% damage reduction) is from an ultimate, but with the Permafrost morph you get it for 12 seconds. Combine that with Ice Fortress which gives major resolve (~6k armor) and minor protection (5% damage reduction), as well as Pariah and vamp stage 3 -- both of which make you tankier the less health you have -- you can take a lot of heat and survive. You don't _have_ to be a vampire though (unless you already are).

The no proc/no CP campaign, Ravenwatch, is a good option because there aren't a lot of the blow-you-up-in-an-instant builds that you see in the proc campaigns. DKs with Corrosive armor active are probably the biggest threat. There are bow-gankers but if you build tanky they are less effective. Wardens especially can thwart ranged attacks via the use of Shimmering Shield, which absorbs damage from up to 3 ranged attacks up to a certain amount, and gives you major heroism (great for building up your next Permafrost ulti). This also prevents some of the magsorc cheese you run into.

Here's my suggestion for how you can build if you want to play in Ravenwatch: Dagon's Dominion is probably the best offensive set you can use here, but if you ensure you're nigh unkillable then Ancient Dragonguard is an option. Pair that with Pariah, 1 piece of either a monster item or trainee (I recommend 1 Magma Incarnate for Wardens since you could use the extra mag and stam recovery), and a mythic item (malacath, markyn, wild hunt, or torc -- gaze of sithis would be okay but with sword and shield equipped it defeats the purpose). Markyn is a nice mythic because it boosts both your offense and your defense, and because we like a little more magic sustain on warden that means Torc is a good option also. With Markyn you might even go 3 triple recovery glyphs (using the newish Indeko rune) on infused jewelry.

2h bar: Shalks, Brawler (gives damage shield and is AOE, can work as a spammable), Executioner, Bird of Prey, Shimmering Shield, and Permafrost

Sword and shield bar: Ice Fortress, Leeching vines, Arctic blast, vigor, bull netch, and healing thicket.

I would go Dark Elf for its added Stamina nd Magicka as well as damage.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would go Dark Elf for its added Stamina nd Magicka as well as damage.
    True. Dark elf is probably the best but I'm cheap and I'm not changing my Orcs lol. Orc is still right there, as well as Imperial and Khajiit, Bosmer too. Actually a lot of great options, even High Elf would be interesting if you wanted a little more magicka sustain plus the 258 damage.

• PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube