The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Chariot Racing as a new PvP Content?

NordSwordnBoard
NordSwordnBoard
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
2 Person mounts make me think: 2v2v2 Chariot Racing. Could use or slightly change Imperial city maps for the arena. One driver, one fighter. Maybe even switch roles while going, but must have a driver to provide forward momentum from the horse. Small scale, simple objective based PvP. Win the race, or die trying! Allow for betting by players and audience (tax=gold sink!) and good rewards for winning and you may have a whole new level added to the game that can be instanced away from the rest like Imperial City. PS server down for Hardware maintenance btw lol.
Fear is the Mindkiller

Chariot Racing as a new PvP Content? 18 votes

Yes
33%
brtomkinNordSwordnBoardJierdanitCommandmentaurelius_fxWabanakiWarrior 6 votes
No
55%
OminerWolfpawParasaurolophusUntilValhalla13the1andonlyskwexgariondaveyxDeusEJRxAmotticaCameraBeardThePirateTechMaybeHic 10 votes
Other - Please Explain.
11%
BronzeCaimanSkaraMinoc 2 votes
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They've shown us jousting in their chapter trailer, I can't believe this possibility was missed as a potential pvp activity.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I fail to see actual tactics or strategies involved which would reduce the player skill aspect. Sounds more like drag racing light.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like fun actually, but even with two-seat mounts, the player can't fight while on a mount, so they would have to change a lot of things in the game to make it work. Unless, it's 4x4x4, so in each group there are 2 people running around on a mount, and 2 on foot trying to sabotage the other mounts. Eventually though everybody would bring a super tank for the drivers, so even if the two fighters died, the drivers could still go on, and since there's not a lot involved in mount speed, there wouldn't be that many parameters to tweak.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Amottica wrote: »
    I fail to see actual tactics or strategies involved which would reduce the player skill aspect. Sounds more like drag racing light.

This would be around a track, the player not driving is going to use CC and snares and whatever else works to try and slow one of the other team. Drag racing is just about acceleration in a straight line, your opponent can't shoot you while racing, and this would have turns and possibly obstacles.

You would need collision turned on for the chariots to make positioning for turns important.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other - Please Explain.
    I support this only if you can knock players off their chariot and run them over.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on February 12, 2022 12:27AM
    PC NA
  • aurelius_fx
    aurelius_fx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    that sounds hilarious, give the fighter some sort of siege like weapon so you have to aim and make mount health separated from player health so you'd have to choose on what sort of horse armor you want
  • BronzeCaiman
    BronzeCaiman
    ✭✭✭
    Other - Please Explain.
    It's all fun and games until the orc outruns the chariot and wins the race.