The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

The hammer in pvp sucks.

ArgonianAustin
ArgonianAustin
✭✭✭
It actually nerfs you when you have it. Guess its only a keep breaker thing. But dont chase someone with it, because you cant heal yourself and i think the overshield is a 1 and done thing on it. I looked so stupid running for my life from guards because i couldnt heal and just kept roll dodging until i died.

Pretty much the point of this post is i thought it was an op item that would make you unkillable.
Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
  • Sir_Hammock
    Sir_Hammock
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's definitely not a weapon that makes you OP, it's for taking keeps. Often you need to spam it heals just so it doesn't die at fast since everyone focus you. The ulti is pretty sweet when you are going on the flags and the keep is full off enemies.
    Edited by Sir_Hammock on February 10, 2022 6:53PM
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings everyone!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on off topic posting. It is natural for a discussion to evolve, and tangential comments are usually fine. Hijacking typically involves taking a thread in a direction counter to its intent, or posting irrelevant content. Please help us ensure that everyone feels welcome and free to participate in the forums.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hammer is horrendously bad mechanic that boosts the winning side even more for no good reason.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hammer should've been removed a long long time ago. All it does is promote cheating & toxicity amongst factions and causes insane lag to the already insane amount of lag in the game. Hopefully it gets pulled soon
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hammer should be tied to an annual event that runs 7-10 days and that's it. If it is removed and only available for a week, then everyone will enjoy its return for the nostalgia kick - including players who hate it in its current form (like me).

As everyone has said, it is an agent of entropy which unavoidably skews the competition in the favour of the largest, strongest side. Not good. Even ignoring the performance failures that it causes, its intended benefits and the real world outcomes are at odds with each other.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s odd that Volendrung is still ingame.
    Didn’t they decide to not introduce any other daedric artifacts (next up was Auriel’s Bow) because these items were bad for PvP?
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    Hammer should be tied to an annual event that runs 7-10 days and that's it. If it is removed and only available for a week, then everyone will enjoy its return for the nostalgia kick - including players who hate it in its current form (like me).

As everyone has said, it is an agent of entropy which unavoidably skews the competition in the favour of the largest, strongest side. Not good. Even ignoring the performance failures that it causes, its intended benefits and the real world outcomes are at odds with each other.

I agree. Bring it back for Midyear Mayhem and leave it out rest of the time.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Didn’t they decide to not introduce any other daedric artifacts (next up was Auriel’s Bow) because these items were bad for PvP?

They won't add anymore to PvP till they fix the performance issues in Cyrodiil. That's their excuse as to why more are not being introduced.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

They won't add anymore to PvP till they fix the performance issues in Cyrodiil. That's their excuse as to why more are not being introduced.

They're not saying they should add more. They're saying the reason ZOS don't add more is because they're bad for PVP, yet for some reason they keep volendrung in the game and how contradictory that is.
    Edited by xDeusEJRx on February 12, 2022 5:09PM
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

They're not saying they should add more. They're saying the reason ZOS don't add more is because they're bad for PVP, yet for some reason they keep volendrung in the game and how contradictory that is.

I asked the question to Rich about whether or not they were going to be adding more weapons and that's what he told me. No new weapons and PvP content till the performance is fixed. He didn't outright say no they'd never be adding more.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

I asked the question to Rich about whether or not they were going to be adding more weapons and that's what he told me. No new weapons and PvP content till the performance is fixed. He didn't outright say no they'd never be adding more.

I'm aware of that and I've seen clips of him saying that, but that still doesn't refute the fact that volendrung still exists in the game. When they've said things like "destructible milegates, bridges, and volendrung" just made the game worse. If that's the case, just remove it. No one asked to sit at a gate with a ballista and shooting it to prevent PVP from happening, nor did anyone ask for volendrung with all the nonsense that brings as well.

It makes no sense why those things still exist if they openly admitted it brings poor performance
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destructible milegates and bridges bring a level of map tactics to the whole zone and are in no way comparable to the hammer. It is quite demoraling to learn that members of the team in charge of setting the future direction of the game group these different parts of cyrodiil together...
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    I think its balanced. I don't think you should get the luxury of having all its high damage while also retaining your heals. You shouldn't be running solo with it anyway
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knowing the passives and all of the abilities is the difference in it being terrible or mad overpowered. Do the quest and read through them or when you pick it up
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Volendrung has good damage and tankiness but no heal. You can kill most enemys fast if you go into offense first and get a damage shield and heal for every kill but if you have to defend yourself you have a problem. Have lost Volendrung a few times because despite being in a group nobody in the group was healing me. Sometimes when other players have Volendrung the biggest/only heal is from me spamming cauterize.
    But if big organized groups have Volendrung it gets so much protection snd healing that you cant heal it.
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    Iriidius wrote: »
    Volendrung has good damage and tankiness but no heal. You can kill most enemys fast if you go into offense first and get a damage shield and heal for every kill but if you have to defend yourself you have a problem. Have lost Volendrung a few times because despite being in a group nobody in the group was healing me. Sometimes when other players have Volendrung the biggest/only heal is from me spamming cauterize.
    But if big organized groups have Volendrung it gets so much protection snd healing that you cant heal it.

Interesting. I never knew you heal and get the overshield back on after a kill!
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle