The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Random daily dungeons

KingExecration
KingExecration
✭✭✭✭
Suggestion; Allow vet randoms to be separate from the normal randoms and give us an opportunity for more xp or greatly improve its rewards.

Serves no purpose if it’s the exact same benefits for a far longer dungeon and likely triple the queue time.
Trying to level characters is agonizing enough and making the vet and norm randoms separate would help out alt makers and new players.

Thoughts or opinions on this?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 16, 2022 11:44PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vet and normal are separate though?

This has been covered a million times anyway.

If you increase rewards for vet, people will just do vet.

Thought random dailies were frustrating already? Wait till you get dlc dungeons on vet with people who can barely light attack once per second.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Vet and normal are separate though?

This has been covered a million times anyway.

If you increase rewards for vet, people will just do vet.

Thought random dailies were frustrating already? Wait till you get dlc dungeons on vet with people who can barely light attack once per second.

There seems to be a disconnect somewhere. Having another avenue of daily xp isn’t gonna make random normals dry up and disappear. It’s to make doing the vets more appealing or have reason.

And if you don’t like the people in the randoms you can just you know not do them? I must be asking too much then
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if you don’t like the people in the randoms you can just you know not do them? I must be asking too much then

He's saying the people who fake tank/heal would start moving from normal to vet if the rewards were better and if you're okay with that having them come over to your random vet dungeon groups, then go for it!
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭

He's saying the people who fake tank/heal would start moving from normal to vet if the rewards were better and if you're okay with that having them come over to your random vet dungeon groups, then go for it!

Normal they get completes easy doing it that way. Vet they’ll usually get kicked or never get the complete in most cases if it’s of any difficulty.

The changes I ask to be made would make doing a random normal and doing a random vet net the same rewards. 10 more transmutes and another couple hundred thousand xp per toon isn’t game breaking.

• Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still do not get the idea where you get same rewards with normal content and veteran content. Veteran random dungeon should give more rewards but completing a veteran dungeon with random people might not always be possible.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the suggestion is saying that you should be able to get the large daily bonus for both the normal random and vet random (right now they are both on the same timer)

i personally dont see a problem with giving some kind of extra thing for running the vet random because it is harder
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad idea. Now that the Vet Queue is really not more rewarding than the normal queue, all the people just going to the most rewarding queue without a care about their builds or mechanics are in normal. Where they should be because they cause much less harm than normal.

The vet queue has NEVER been healthier. The queue times have gone down and the number of people who have no business being in there has decreased dramatically.

Vets are already more rewarding when you do preformed groups, which is the healthy place for their reward. I don't want a bunch of 5k dps re-entering that queue because they'd get more loot.

People always gravitate en masse to whichever thing is gonna give them the most stuff, regardless if they are actually good enough to pull their own weight. So zos should pull those people to normal and leave vet for people who actually like a challenge for it's own sake. Most of them will hit harder because they know that building for the content comes with the territory of doing harder stuff.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on February 9, 2022 10:19PM
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I seriously doubt that would happen. People fake their roles in normals because they can. Even if they increased the rewards by say 50% more the majority of the players would still opt for normals simply because it would still be more efficient if farming XP and xmutes was youre thing. The risk of the longer DLCs like LoM or the harder hitting ones SG would be enough to keep most out.

You may see a few people move, but thats not necessarily a bad thing.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I seriously doubt that would happen. People fake their roles in normals because they can. Even if they increased the rewards by say 50% more the majority of the players would still opt for normals simply because it would still be more efficient if farming XP and xmutes was youre thing. The risk of the longer DLCs like LoM or the harder hitting ones SG would be enough to keep most out.

You can get through most vet dungeons with a fake tank and even more a fake healer. In some of those dungeons it's even preferred by premades to have a fake healer.

They can get through a lot of them, it will just be extremely annoying to do. And they will just leave the ones they can't. On top of that a lot of people will queue roles they match but aren't ready for so they can get carried to their nice reward.

They will always go for the more rewarding one. We had this before and it sucked. It was a garbage experience that drove lots of competent people out of queue entirely in favor of premades. So vet queue used to be waiting around for a long for an utterly garbage group.

Now it's not. The bad players are now in normal because it's the better loot. And the people in vet queue now are mostly those who want more of a challenge and build accordingly. Yes you still get bad groups but not nearly as often and you wait half the time.

The stickerbook and transmute were the best thing to ever happen to vet queue. It took a lot of people out that should never have been there, attracting more people that should be.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on February 10, 2022 12:27AM
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

You can get through most vet dungeons with a fake tank and even more a fake healer. In some of those dungeons it's even preferred by premades to have a fake healer.

They can get through a lot of them, it will just be extremely annoying to do. And they will just leave the ones they can't. On top of that a lot of people will queue roles they match but aren't ready for so they can get carried to their nice reward.

They will always go for the more rewarding one. We had this before and it sucked. It was a garbage experience that drove lots of competent people out of queue entirely in favor of premades. So vet queue used to be waiting around for a long for an utterly garbage group.

Now it's not. The bad players are now in normal because it's the better loot. And the people in vet queue now are mostly those who want more of a challenge and build accordingly. Yes you still get bad groups but not nearly as often and you wait half the time.

The stickerbook and transmute were the best thing to ever happen to vet queue. It took a lot of people out that should never have been there, attracting more people that should be.

If they can already run through vets without a tank or healer, it wouldn't have much of an effect on the outcome. I don't think that is the case though. There are 22 DLC dungeons and 24 base game dungeons. At this point the DLC dungeons make up nearly half of the total number and will be half soon.

If the dungeons were truly random than a person wanting to be a fake tank in a vet random would have just under a 50% chance of landing in a dungeon that needed a real tank. This assumes that all vDLC dungeons needed a real tank. This isnt true, most have been solo'd, but for most people using the RDF this would be the case. It doesn't work out that way though. Most everyone reports a higher than normal DLC queue when using the RDF, because it backfills. So the theoretical fake tank would be looking at less than a 50% success rate, and even if they did land in a DLC dungeon that they could successfully pull it off, it would be slower. Slower to the point that running the RDN would have provided more transmutes for the time involved.

Yes, they will always go for the more rewarding, when it's the most efficient. We want the most gain for the least amount of effort, or efficiency. A vet random with an increase of 25-50% still wouldn't be the most efficient. If you could do them in the same amount of time that would be the case, but that only works on a few vet dungeons, it doesn't in over half of them.

As for people that shouldn't be there. We were all that player once. If we would have stayed there, there would be no vet DLCs at all.

Yes, its better now, but its not entirely because of the RDF. Damage is higher now. Even if we acknowledge that our metrics have changed, the damage we observe in 4-person content is much higher.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vet dungeons are attractive enough for people, who belong there. Challenge, monster sets, purple jewelry, two wepons from HM.

There is no reason to attract crowd, who are afraid of dificulty in veteran dungeons, because of their skills. Their fear cen be sometime out placed, but in moust cause dont.
  • Yas78
    Yas78
    ✭✭
    Can someone explaine to me why I have to wait 10+ minutes after I leave the group for whatever reason?
    It is quite uncommon that the groups will have:
    - a fake tank;
    - a fake healer;
    - a clueless newbs who dont know path or/and mecs, and unable to learn and listen;
    - weak dps who dps'ing with light attacks;
    - overcaffeined speedrunner CP1600+ who melts trash packs and bosses faster than we can keep up so we get no loot;
    - something else;
    Why this game rewards cheaters and abusers and punishes those why try to play by the rules?
    I've been kicked out of the groups only for mentioning that we have a fake tank, so now those cheaters ferociously defend their 'right' to cheat abd abuse.
    I would like to hear from company's rep, too. What is their vision regarding all this.