The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Imperial Curtains, Heavy no longer have collision

NotaDaedraWorshipper
NotaDaedraWorshipper
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says, today I discovered that the Imperial Curtains, Heavy from the luxury furnisher, an item that had collision and was as passable as a stone wall, no longer is this.
aVLTljl.png

We can now go through it with ease. This is of course both a good and bad thing, because now when people can go through it it is useable for a lot of things, but it's not good for the people who used it as a block. Which was what I was going to use it for when I noticed I went through it like air.

wFYKOfr.png
[Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I warned people about this when we got them with collision. These things are always subject to change, but it does suck, because people rely on it when they build.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Kadzra
    Kadzra
    ✭✭
    Well, they tested it first on pts. I posted it in several discord-channels while it was tested and the only one complaining was stabbity 😉
    I think most of us are ok with the change.
    There are enough options to block of rooms and the curtains are more useful this way.
    It was a bit odd that our powerful characters who defended dragons, daedra and dangerously big spiders could be stopped by a piece of cloth anyway.
    Let them come into my closet. The things i want to hide are not easy to find anyway 😄
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadzra wrote: »
    Well, they tested it first on pts. I posted it in several discord-channels while it was tested and the only one complaining was stabbity 😉
    I think most of us are ok with the change.
    There are enough options to block of rooms and the curtains are more useful this way.
    It was a bit odd that our powerful characters who defended dragons, daedra and dangerously big spiders could be stopped by a piece of cloth anyway.
    Let them come into my closet. The things i want to hide are not easy to find anyway 😄

@Kadzra Stabbity was not alone. A lot of people were fine with them having collision when they first arrived. Myself included.
    There are several tapestries that has collision still, so these continuing to have it wouldn't be strange. A big group of people dislikes changes to furniture, especially ones that has been out for some time because they have been used in builds with the features they had. Now to people who used this item as a block it doesn't work, and no there aren't enough options to block rooms with curtains. These were the only ones.
    Now to use them the same way we have to waste 3 slots instead of 1 for the same look.
  • Kadzra
    Kadzra
    ✭✭
    I ment: they did not complain after they were told that the collision was changing. I thought that there would be a huge outcry, but there was nothing like that. Stabby told everybody in her stream about it. Nobody wrote here that the change has to be stopped. Now it is changed months ago and you are the only one mentioning it here in the forums.
    So... it is maybe no big deal for most of us.
    And you still can have collision, you just have to put two items behind them.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadzra wrote: »
    I ment: they did not complain after they were told that the collision was changing. I thought that there would be a huge outcry, but there was nothing like that. Stabby told everybody in her stream about it. Nobody wrote here that the change has to be stopped. Now it is changed months ago and you are the only one mentioning it here in the forums.
    So... it is maybe no big deal for most of us.
    And you still can have collision, you just have to put two items behind them.

I wasn't even aware this change was going to happen nor that it had.

And we have limited item slots, I don't want to waste 3 slots on an item that used to only require 1.
    Guess I've to can that idea. But I can at least use these as passable curtains now.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on February 9, 2022 4:02PM