The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Can we reset Hireling mail times?

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
All my characters receive their hireling mails when I first log in for the day. All except my newest character who gets hers just after our daily reward. Is there a way to reset this so she gets hers with the rest of my characters?

I've tried logging her off before that time and not logging her on again until the next day but then the day after it was back to the late afternoon time again. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
PCNA
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps remove the hirleing skill-points from the anomalous character then reset them when you log on to grab hirelings mail with other characters?

I'd expect that should reset timers to be similar across all your characters.

I've not tested this but would be interested to know if it works.

edit: or reset skill-points to account for the next expected hireling mail to synchronise all characters (eg 12hrs before).
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on February 8, 2022 9:21PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps remove the hirleing skill-points from the anomalous character then reset them when you log on to grab hirelings mail with other characters?

I'd expect that should reset timers to be similar across all your characters.

I've not tested this but would be interested to know if it works.

edit: or reset skill-points to account for the next expected hireling mail to synchronise all characters (eg 12hrs before).

I am not sure what you mean by resetting skill points to account. All my other characters just started getting the mails at the same time every day if I just waited a day, but it's not working for this character.
    PCNA
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go to shrine, remove skill points for hireling mail then add them back again.

I think first mail comes when you relog/switch zone after allocating the points. But, in case that doesn't work and the twelve-hour wait applies before you get first hireling mail, then allocate them about that amount of time before you normally log-in with others.

Hopefully one or the other ways of re-allocating the skill points will synchronise all your character hirelings mail.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hirelings give you their wares 12h (or 24h depending on the skill points) from the last time they mailed you goods on first login after that time frame.

Simply don't log onto that character for the day. Then log into them with the rest of your characters and they be "back on track"
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll try that again.
    PCNA
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do max 3 points even if I don't intend to collect every 12 hours, no worries about being over the time they will always be available whenever I get on for the day.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    hirelings give you their wares 12h (or 24h depending on the skill points) from the last time they mailed you goods on first login after that time frame.

Simply don't log onto that character for the day. Then log into them with the rest of your characters and they be "back on track"

Lol. I assumed this had already been tried hence my expensive reset suggestion. :)

So, OP do that for sure first ! And good luck. :)
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like logging off before the time I had been getting the mails and waiting until the next day to log on again finally worked, and now this character gets her hireling mails when I first log on like my other characters do.

I'm not sure why it didn't work the first couple of times I tried it but it's fixed now.
    PCNA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure why it didn't work the first couple of times I tried it but it's fixed now.

The Timer is set to the time you invest the points.

The reason all the other characters were in sync is you probably skipped a day somewhere and did not play the game. It takes a full 24 hours to "reset" the timer. So, perhaps you did not ignore that character for that amount of time.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the other characters for a long time so I don't remember how they got in sync, but I was not playing every day back then like I am now.

The time this worked I logged off just before the daily reward because the hireling mails were coming about 10 minutes after that every day. I didn't log that character on again the next day around 19 hours after I logged her off and got the mails this time. She has stayed in sync every since.

I really don't know why it didn't work the first couple of times I tried that because I did it the same way.
    PCNA
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

The Timer is set to the time you invest the points.

The reason all the other characters were in sync is you probably skipped a day somewhere and did not play the game. It takes a full 24 hours to "reset" the timer. So, perhaps you did not ignore that character for that amount of time.
    No it doesn't, none of this is correct. I wish it were, it would make my hireling managing so much easier. The timers rotate and reset when you last picked up the mail. I do this every day, I log in and the timers start, if I login late the timers shift. They don't reset to any fixed time.

Moreover, reinvesting your points with the skill reset or armory does not reset the timer. I think it might pause it for the time it takes you yo put in your points, but I've never left them off long enough to check that.

The main way what the OP describes could happen is if some are on a 12 hour timer and some on a 24 hour timer. The other common way would be to login a bit too early, not get the mail, then login sometime later and get it then.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there was a slight glitch today. I didn't get the mails when I logged in, but got them about an hour later. Still better than not getting them until late afternoon.
    PCNA
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there was a slight glitch today. I didn't get the mails when I logged in, but got them about an hour later. Still better than not getting them until late afternoon.
    If you're on PC and want to maximize hirelings:
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1841-UrichsHirelingTimer.html
    Sounds like you missed it by a short time, now it has shifted to that later time.