Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where is Sweetwater Cascades?

Scaletho
Scaletho
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi All,

Well, when we reach Sweetwater Cascades door at Blackwood, all we can see above its walls are boulders and forest:

k8es9gwx2byn.jpg

But when we enter it, the mansion is right there, close to the walls!

1d5jqqukjtg7.jpg

Is that another ZOS design blunder or it means that -- for the sake of lore -- the Mansion is deep into Northern Elsweyr and we can't access the long walkway from Blackwood's door to the Sweetwater Cascades door?

ESO has a long story of weird inside/outside houses' design. What we see outside is completely different from the inside. This is very disappointing.
Edited by Scaletho on February 8, 2022 4:36PM
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The home is actually meant to be a ways away from the wall you see in blackwood as it's also on the border of Elsweyr. It's just like having a large driveway up to an estate.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this is a fantasy game, I don't take anything literally. The developers are probably of a similar mindset.

Mostly, what I would like to know is when are they going to bring this home back for sale?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The home is actually meant to be a ways away from the wall you see in blackwood as it's also on the border of Elsweyr. It's just like having a large driveway up to an estate.

Exactly! Just think of it as an inner and outer wall, not the same wall — the “driveway” was skipped over.
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashryn wrote: »
    Since this is a fantasy game, I don't take anything literally. The developers are probably of a similar mindset.

Mostly, what I would like to know is when are they going to bring this home back for sale?

For the sake of immersion I think it is kind of bummer. Not a huge disappointing problem, but really its a lame design. Idk why it is so difficult or hard working to make a verisimilitude between outside and inside houses design.

But, I sense most ppl don't care. So let's move on.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scaletho wrote: »
    Ashryn wrote: »

For the sake of immersion I think it is kind of bummer. Not a huge disappointing problem, but really its a lame design. Idk why it is so difficult or hard working to make a verisimilitude between outside and inside houses design.

But, I sense most ppl don't care. So let's move on.

We do often get bothered when outside appearances don't match up with the interiors, or house outsides but that it's not something I've ever seen. This is the same for Sweetwater. There is nothing wrong or ruining of immersion here because the house is not supposed to be on the other side of the wall. It's futher away. More houses have entraces like this.

Inside the house it can clearly be seen it's not supposed to be there either, as can be seen on these screenshots.

Here we have the Blackwood entrace to the house:
    aCe42Sf.png
    uJQe3CW.png

The Elsweyr entrace:
    PSlWLaN.png

And here is how the paths look from the house:
    2x8QLcI.png
    55mqq8B.png
    Going by the looks of the paths, the house is just out of sight in the distance.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!