The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How does leaderboard score work?

draigwyrdd
draigwyrdd
✭✭✭
I've noticed that sometimes, leaderboard score is applied if my team comes last and I'm the lowest scorer on it, but sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it only seems to apply if my team comes first, other times it does it if we come second, and sometimes I've had the highest medal score in the BG and it still doesn't actually apply to the leaderboard score.

So, how does it work? At the end of every BG it says "leaderboard score earned" or whatever the specific words are, but that doesn't always actually happen. Anyone know why?
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It should always match your medal score and rewarded when the BG ends regardless of 1st, 2nd or 3rd place. There might be a slight delay before the Leaderboard updates but you should always get the score.
    PC NA
  • draigwyrdd
    draigwyrdd
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was how it was supposed to work but it doesn't always work that way in my experience. Often towards the end of the week I'll experience days where I earn no leaderboard score at all, even though it says I have, over the course of multiple sessions of BGs.
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    How do you get on to the leaderboard? I've done a bunch of BGs on one of my characters this week but it just says Not Ranked everything I look. Do you need to opt in somewhere or is it only for the group queue maybe?
    Ps4 EU
  • draigwyrdd
    draigwyrdd
    ✭✭✭
    Peacatcher wrote: »
    How do you get on to the leaderboard? I've done a bunch of BGs on one of my characters this week but it just says Not Ranked everything I look. Do you need to opt in somewhere or is it only for the group queue maybe?

Successfully completing a battleground should award you leaderoard score, but you'll only show up on the leaderboard if you're in the top 100 players by score.
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    draigwyrdd wrote: »
    Peacatcher wrote: »

Successfully completing a battleground should award you leaderoard score, but you'll only show up on the leaderboard if you're in the top 100 players by score.

Ah I see, thank you.
    Ps4 EU