The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Change ability bar icon

The_Conjurer
The_Conjurer
✭✭✭
I would be cool if I could change the icons on my ability bar to something less chaotic or matching.
"Jyggalag's forces are gathering in the Fringe...And I HATE IT when people gather forces in my Fringes!" - Sheogorath
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean by less chaotic or matching? The textures shown "are matching" as they "are" the textures of the skills?
    They even sometimes change depening on the skills current buff state etc.

If you want to change them with any custom texture files this is not easily doable as they update from ingame API functions very often again. You could maybe use the function RedirectTexture to replace a .dds texture file with any other, but this often provides other problems or raises errors.

In short: I'd not touch them if I were you because of so many reasons (technically and visual and communication wise).
  • The_Conjurer
    The_Conjurer
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your response. It is positive and useful.
    "Jyggalag's forces are gathering in the Fringe...And I HATE IT when people gather forces in my Fringes!" - Sheogorath