Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

why Dark Convergence set has to be modified or removed

AJones43865
AJones43865
✭✭✭✭
[snip]

They find a sneaky spot far away from the fights and get their Dark Convergence set to proc and get many kills without ever even engaging in the fight. Without ever even engaging in the fight they get massive kills over and over again.

[snip]

This is why Dark Convergence should either be removed from the game or made so that it can only effect NPC's. Dark Convergence set is used for only two things now. It's used by ball groups to pull everyone into their multiple Dark Convergence AOE's, and it's used by people who want to get free, easy kills without even fighting.

And lets not forget that the Dark Convergence set does not obey the rules it's tool tip says it does. The set still pulls from outside it's range, pulls people off siege, off the third floor, through walls and doors and just otherwise make the PvP experience no fun.

edited for naming and shaming
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 10, 2022 2:17AM
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has been nerfed hard damage wise since the vid you have posted, it no longer pulls people through/off walls etc. I agree the set is annoying, but it is working as intended it punishes people who stack.

Finally, too many people try to roll dodge out of the bomb which in turn vd procs everyone else. Please block, its your best hope to survive
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlakMarket wrote: »
    It has been nerfed hard damage wise since the vid you have posted, it no longer pulls people through/off walls etc. I agree the set is annoying, but it is working as intended it punishes people who stack.

Finally, too many people try to roll dodge out of the bomb which in turn vd procs everyone else. Please block, its your best hope to survive

Yes, it still pulls people from the walls. Still happens to me. It's quite difficult to block 3 Dark Convo casts while th enemy is also attacking you, you run out of stamina or you lag to death. There's no way to defend the mechanic.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlakMarket wrote: »

Telel must unfortunately, and humbly, report that you're misinformed. For the set beleoved by the PVdoorlords and blobtatoes is in fact still the set beloved by pvdoorlords and blobtatoes.

Sunday night during a defense of Roebeck, and later a defense of alessia certain 'skilled' individuals were in fact using this set to yank people down from walls and into the waiting arms of their 'small' group of only thirty to forty fellows.

Later a blobtato of red players showed up to help some blue players at nikel. Khajiit must humbly inform you the blobtato was quite fond of this set.

So either certain 'good' players are once again using programs that definitely don't exist to allow them to operate this set outside its restraints or....

Well, Telel does not like to be the bearer of bad news. Especially when it is to point out how wrong wrong people are. So they will not do so directly.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranged bombing is not something that should be possible. If you want to do what people are doing with Dark Convergence they should at least have to be visible and firing a siege weapon or something.

Ranged bombing from stealth with Dark Convergence is the new troll meta in PvP.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on February 8, 2022 4:44PM
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's pretty easy to avoid under normal conditions, but during lag it pulls you from outside the visible radius and then the lag won't let you respond to the explosion before you insta-die. The players most punished by this set are inevitably disorganized casuals or randoms, it does nothing against optimized groups, and optimized groups would still be unkillable pug stomp factories without this set, so what purpose does it even serve? Random pulls?

It was a risky design that backfired. Admit the mistake and kill it off before more players quit (seriously, even now in its nerfed form, someone is threatening to quit forever because of Dcon every time I log into Cyro).
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Silversmith
    Silversmith
    ✭✭✭
    The set still pulls people off fort walls and doors if used correctly. I was pulled through a door with a dc/caltrops proc.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am still encountering issues where DC often does not show as enemy aoe. If they insisted on keeping it, bug fixing the set would go a long way.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This video of a Dark Convergence user is posted other places on the forum, so I know it's safe to post this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZAH6wg-oT0

I feel this is a good example of what is wrong with Dark Convergence as a set. '

Ranged bombing from stealth should, of course, not be a thing.

Dark Convergence is a failure and something that sucks the fun out of cyrodiil. If the devs were trying to design a set that would make PvP life toxic and unenjoyable they succeeded.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on February 9, 2022 4:04PM
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

We are closing this thread as a duplicate to another, which can be found here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.