The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to get all 9 trait?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
Recently, I'm interesting in master crafting quest.
I've been researching many of equipment already, but can't get some of trait.
So, I must give up most of master crafting writ.

Is there any of special quest to get rare trait? How can I start quest like that?
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you are referring to Nirnhoned, you can farm BS, Clothing, and wood nodes in Craglorn for drops. They are rare, but this is the only zone to drop them. Killing things that drop leather, like Welwas will also sometimes drop it.

Also, if you haven't done the main story line in Craglorn, upon finishing it rewards with a Nirn Item that can be researched.
    Hope this helps... :)
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some traits that are naturally sourced from certain activities such as Nirnhoned and many jewelry traits. You can find them easier and faster by searching the guild traders for them. Prices will vary depending on platform, but it will end up being much faster than farming them yourself.
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    The Nirncrux research forces you to resort to trading for Nirncrux items (especially Weapons).

Or get friendly with somebody who has done them all.

It is not unreasonable if you supplied the mats (especially the relevant Nirncrux) that they could build the item for you and mail it back.

Bread heads might want more!
    Malborn66
    Grand Master Crafter
    PC-UK
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are referring to Nirnhoned, you can farm BS, Clothing, and wood nodes in Craglorn for drops. They are rare, but this is the only zone to drop them. Killing things that drop leather, like Welwas will also sometimes drop it.

Also, if you haven't done the main story line in Craglorn, upon finishing it rewards with a Nirn Item that can be researched.
    Huzzah!

Looks like I've finished Craglorn main quest, because there're no more quest giver except daily mission.
    But, I couldn't get some of trait, especially jewelry trait.

I found Morkuldin craft bench at the Wrothger. But, it needs 9 trait for enable it.
    I want to build this set for just correction. Not very necessary for me, but want to see "ghost animation sword" by myself.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Which traits are you missing? Then we can tell you where you can get them.
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For jewelry research items, looking at the guild traders or asking crafters for help are most likely your best options.

From normal overland and dungeons, items only drop in three traits, that means you need to get the other six from a different source. As with the Nirnhoned trait for weapons and armor, it might be a good idea to bring the necessary materials to a crafter, some of them (like Dawn Prism) are very expensive.

This website has an overview of all traits and where to find items that have them, scroll down to "Traits Jewelry Crafting":
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-jewelry-crafting-guide/
    Edited by joerginger on February 7, 2022 1:29PM
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Huzzah!

Looks like I've finished Craglorn main quest, because there're no more quest giver except daily mission.
    But, I couldn't get some of trait, especially jewelry trait.

I found Morkuldin craft bench at the Wrothger. But, it needs 9 trait for enable it.
    I want to build this set for just correction. Not very necessary for me, but want to see "ghost animation sword" by myself.

You'll need to complete your trait research in order to do many master writs. If it's the 9th trait, nirnhoned, that you're missing, you'll need to get nirned weapons and armor to breakdown for research. Check out guild traders in various different locations (or do a search on Tamriel Trade Center website) for the nirncrux needed for the trait you wish to learn. There are a couple of different ones, depending on whether you want nirnhorned armor or weapons. Then ask someone who has already researched the trait to make you the piece you need to break down to learn the trait. Either that or buy a nirned weapon or armor piece from a trader to breakdown -- there are always crafters who make these for people who are about to research their 9th trait. These will be expensive (especially the weapons), because nirncruxes are a rare drop only from crafting nodes in Craglorn.

The jewelry trait items are obtained in various ways that I don't even remember at this point. One, I think, is associated with Pvp, another is obtained from one of the master writ turn-in folks (I forget her name), others from special jewelry that drops from psijic nodes. Google is your friend for this info. Are you in a guild? Many guilds have crafters who can craft the items you need to research if you supply them with the mats.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you can supply the trait mats, most crafters will make research items for you. If you're in a good guild, ask if any crafters can help you out.

I do all normal traits, i.e., not nirnhoned or jewelry, for free for guildmates. I'll make nirnhoned free if they give me the nirncrux, likewise the better than basic jewelry trait mats. Dawn-prism and some of the others don't fall from the sky like rain, unfortunately.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can ask guildies to make them for you, or you can search guild traders for a particular piece of armour/jewel with a given trait and buy it. If you ask someone to craft an item for you for research, they might require the materials, especially if it's something rare, like potent nirncrux. You could either buy one in traders or farm for one in Craglorn (it's a random drop from stone and wood nodes). Don't forget to put skill points in the passive skills that reduce research times and allow multiple research slots, and you could also use scrolls to reduce your research timers, you can buy them with writs, or from traders (or from the crown store).