If Hircine could speak on the subject..

HailstoSithis
HailstoSithis
✭✭✭
Do you think Hircine would be upset about beast races not having unique WW models? :D
Edited by HailstoSithis on February 6, 2022 7:00AM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're all the same in the end in the Eternal Hunt.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he probably has far more pressing matters then that :p
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something thematic and simple like ice and fire would be cool.

c04c72399cef241e9009b10d05f85d45.jpg
    efc61e25776a323b867563d453772fdc.png
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think he would want us to have a werewolf companion.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Tyrvarion
      Tyrvarion
      ✭✭✭
      I don't think so. Human or elf changing into wolf like creature is equally 'unnatural' as lizard or cat doing so. Argonians and Khajiit always worked that way in lore ever since lycanthropy was touched in TES games. But - more variety among the werebeings would certainly be appreciated - werelions, werecrocodiles and werebears for instance. But thye should not be tied to race.
    • TX12001rwb17_ESO
      TX12001rwb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Do you think Hircine would be upset about beast races not having unique WW models? :D

No, Werewolves are their own species, a species that does not have scales or horns

Lycanthropy transforms you into that species, it does not matter what race you were before, like do you expect a swarm of bats that a vampire transforms into to all have human faces on them? no so why would other transformations be any different?
      Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on February 7, 2022 1:02PM
    • madrab73
      madrab73
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      I think he would want us to have a werewolf companion.

This :)
    • Tommy_The_Gun
      Tommy_The_Gun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Maybe, but as far as I can tell, there are various types of "Hircine created" types of were-creatures. Werewolf is just one type of Lycanthropy, that just happens to be the most common one. There are others like werebear, werelion, werecrocodile etc. I agree, that obviously for an Argonian, werecrocodile would fit better (or werelion for Khajiit), but those are different "types" of the disease (or blessing) and would require to be bitten by a different were-creature. So it is possible for a Khajiit or Argonian to transform into Werewolf. What I always thought is odd is that some features do not carry over to WW form (for example Argonian with blue feathers would have reptilian eyes and slightly grey-bluish fur in WW form).

Anyway, even if they would change the default WW model, just a little bit - It would make a lot of players happy.
      I mean, just compare "old" WW model, that was used some time ago:
      White-Werewolf-ESO.gif
      To what we have now:
      img
      I am not expert, but to me it is a downgrade. Current WW looks more like a rat than a wolf.

As for the other Were-creatures types... hey, ZOS, do you want some cash ? What am saying... "some" lol, - a lot of cash ? Well, just add different skins & sound sets for WW. So we would have Werelion, Werecrocodile, Werebear etc. Even if that would be a crown store only, if it would be done right - it would sell like crazy.
      Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 7, 2022 1:45PM
    • WhiteCoatSyndrome
      WhiteCoatSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      What I always thought is odd is that some features do not carry over to WW form (for example Argonian with blue feathers would have reptilian eyes and slightly grey-bluish fur in WW form).

Agree with this, with the caveat that I’d also want to see similar features carry over from men and mer - a Breton with red hair having reddish fur, a skinny Altmer being an equally skinny werewolf, etc.
      #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    • madrab73
      madrab73
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Maybe, but as far as I can tell, there are various types of "Hircine created" types of were-creatures. Werewolf is just one type of Lycanthropy, that just happens to be the most common one. There are others like werebear, werelion, werecrocodile etc. I agree, that obviously for an Argonian, werecrocodile would fit better (or werelion for Khajiit), but those are different "types" of the disease (or blessing) and would require to be bitten by a different were-creature. So it is possible for a Khajiit or Argonian to transform into Werewolf. What I always thought is odd is that some features do not carry over to WW form (for example Argonian with blue feathers would have reptilian eyes and slightly grey-bluish fur in WW form).

Anyway, even if they would change the default WW model, just a little bit - It would make a lot of players happy.
      I mean, just compare "old" WW model, that was used some time ago:
      White-Werewolf-ESO.gif
      To what we have now:
      img
      I am not expert, but to me it is a downgrade. Current WW looks more like a rat than a wolf.

As for the other Were-creatures types... hey, ZOS, do you want some cash ? What am saying... "some" lol, - a lot of cash ? Well, just add different skins & sound sets for WW. So we would have Werelion, Werecrocodile, Werebear etc. Even if that would be a crown store only, if it would be done right - it would sell like crazy.

Rats look like that where you live? :o
    • Kory
      Kory
      ✭✭✭✭
      Wow I didn't know the old werewolf model actually looked a little better. Maybe asking for a new and "better" werewolf skin isn't a good idea :p
    • NotaDaedraWorshipper
      NotaDaedraWorshipper
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No, and they shouldn't either. Mer, man, khajiit and argonians turn into werebeasts the same way. What race they are does not matter.

It would be nice with some more colour options, though for variety and also add skins for the other werebeasts types. It's boring that it's always were*wolves* when ESO takes place all over Tamriel which has several forms of werebeasts.

Werewolf is the most common and can be found all over Tamriel, but it would be nice to see and also have the possibility to look like:
      Werelions - Most common in Elsweyr
      Werecrocodile - Most common in Black Marsh
      Wereboar - Highrock and Hammerfell
      Werebear - Skyrim.
      Werebat and werevulture (Valenwood) would be awesome, but those are a bit different from the others so no easy skin there.
      [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    • SickleCider
      SickleCider
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

No, Werewolves are their own species, a species that does not have scales or horns

Lycanthropy transforms you into that species, it does not matter what race you were before, like do you expect a swarm of bats that a vampire transforms into to all have human faces on them? no so why would other transformations be any different?

Vladislav, is that you?!

✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨