The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Purchases Blocked for Multiple Purchases

zantarizb14_ESO
zantarizb14_ESO
✭✭✭
Has anyone else run into a situation where they are unable to make purchases on the ESO Store after making multiple similar purchases? I've just run into this issue on multiple occasions.

To pre-empt some suggestions...
1. there was no problem with the payment method of the payment vendor side... the issue was confirmed to be with Zenimax.
2. I did see the Zen post about stored credit card data and using different browsers, clearing your cache, and trying a different computer. I tried all of those things.
3. All payment methods were not blocked for any other purchases... only ESO Store purchases
4. I verified with my Bank that they were not blocking payments.

Okay... situation time... I have multiple ESO accounts (don't judge me... it's just the way I like to play). When there is a sale on an item I've been looking at, I tend to buy that item for multiple accounts at once while it's on sale. Typically after the 3rd or 4th purchase of the same item for the same amount on the same payment method... I get blocked from making any further purchases. Even if I try other payment types.

Most recently there was a sale on Blackwood for $14. I've been awaiting a sale on it because I want to have access to the companion system on most or all of my accounts. I don't buy all things for all accounts, but major systems like companions and antiquities are things I look for and enjoy. After the fourth purchase, I was blocked for additional purchases.

I've found that the only solution is to open a ticket with support and wait several days for a resolution... at which time the sale is over and I can no longer make the purchases I wanted to make during the sale period. I've been told by support that they can in no way honor the sale even though I tried to make the purchase during the sale period and opened my ticket with them during the sale period.

"Unfortunately customer support isn't able to affect sale prices, so we are not able to retroactively force a sale price onto your account." (from Zen support)

I've also asked them if they can set parameters on my account to allow multiple purchases like this as I expect this will happen again in the future. Their response is that this cannot be done.

"we aren't able to alter our billing systems in the method you requested to avoid our system flagging potential suspicious purchases" (from Zen support)

Now I understand the need to monitor for fraudulent activity, but you'd think there would be a way to allow for known legitimate purchase activity.

It's a very frustrating and time consuming experience. It also seems very silly to me (although I'm not laughing), because all I'm trying to do is make legitimate purchases and giving them real money for virtual items.

Please... continue to protect me... but be reasonable about it.

Has anybody found a work around for this issue? I realize that there are probably not a lot of players who make purchases like this and it's, perhaps, unlike that this will reach many / any who do... shot in the dark?