Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Placeable glass, placeable water, placeable soil

Northwold
Northwold
✭✭✭✭✭
I know this is flogging a dead horse, and these things have been being requested for years, but, well, we have been asking for years.

Please, please, please can we have some sensible options for:

- placeable glass
- placeable water
- placeable soil (or at the very least planters without plants in them)

And please could they be not crown store only. Houses are expensive enough as it is.

Regarding glass, there are some houses that are just plain silly without it, like Pariah's Pinnacle where everyone would freeze to death.
Edited by Northwold on February 4, 2022 2:13PM
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Yes for sure, and I request a short grass platform. And different sizes too, at least the size of the Solitude Platform, Ornate Tile size, and then a set of smaller sizes.

- placeable glass - standard and large size
    - placeable grass - Solitude Platform, Ornate Tile size
    - placeable water -Solitude Platform, Ornate Tile size
    - placeable soil - Solitude Platform, Ornate Tile size
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »
    - placeable glass
    - placeable water

And please could they be not crown store only. Houses are expensive enough as it is.

Regarding glass, there are some houses that are just plain silly without it, like Pariah's Pinnacle where everyone would freeze to death.

I am hoping for more windows, for different styles. But they need frames or assorting walls. We got an amazing clockwork door, but without its frame, which is a bit annoying.

I am not sure the engine allows to place water like in other games. But we know that placing water basins, fountains, and tubs works. So I am all for such pools of water of multiple forms and sizes. I looked a bit over the new datamine, and found 2 Alinor pools, you know the round ones with lilies (one is near the wayshrine in Artaeum). That's something that I really want, but I am afraid they will place these in crown crates. Putting furniture in crown crates is one of the major turn offs for me in this game. I pay enough money to enjoy this game as it is.

Regarding soil... yeah... One of the oldest requests is for planters with soil in them, without plants. But there are many soil patches in the game, including snow, and the upcoming update will include sand patches.

About Pariah's Pinnacle. Orcs should be tough as nails, so they don't feel cold, windows are for milkdrinkers :)
    Edited by kind_hero on February 5, 2022 9:41AM
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    - placeable glass
    - placeable water

About Pariah's Pinnacle. Orcs should be tough as nails, so they don't feel cold, windows are for milkdrinkers :)

I mean, they *should*, but if Orsinium's anything to go by they're all talk and no trousers...!

Regarding water, a grid might work -- so you have squares of water, corner walls and straight walls to make what you want. But then, knowing ZOS, they'd do something like making the walls look so cheap and crooked they couldn't be incorporated into anything else (looking at you, crown store only filled water trough).
    Edited by Northwold on February 5, 2022 2:56PM
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started remodeling Hall of the Lunar Champion a couple of days ago and I thought how awesome the center would be for a pool. Then I realized...no water tiles :/ (like they have in another major MMO).
    Edited by SpiritKitten on February 5, 2022 6:42PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish they addded some water bodies furniture in different shapes/sizes already. Fountains (and the upcoming ponds with the new dlc) are great but we can't connect them to make a continuous stretch of water surface.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I really wish they addded some water bodies furniture in different shapes/sizes already. Fountains (and the upcoming ponds with the new dlc) are great but we can't connect them to make a continuous stretch of water surface.

Ponds? Hadn't heard this. I'm excited now!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I saw them either in a pts thread or a datamine thread, but there were 2: one circular (like the pond in Hundings) with lillies etc., and one with a small waterfall attached to it, iirc. I hope we won't wait for their release too long, they'd be great for decorating outside areas especially in houses that don't have any water features.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ponds? And here I was all excited for the Sulphur pool in the Deadlands achievements vendor. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I saw them either in a pts thread or a datamine thread, but there were 2: one circular (like the pond in Hundings) with lillies etc., and one with a small waterfall attached to it, iirc. I hope we won't wait for their release too long, they'd be great for decorating outside areas especially in houses that don't have any water features.

Sounds like a step up!! Thanks!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a step up!! Thanks!

Np! And yeah they were datamined as upcoming CS items, found the photos from here: https://esomodelviewer.com/data-mining/post/18-ascending-tide-dlc-future-crown-store-items

xsbxi3zj4iya.jpg
    v7hxbx3wt9gh.jpg
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not very big are they? Would be nice to get those water lilies and clusters of aquatic plants as stand alone items too.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!