The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question for people who have pvp'd with a vamp

worrallj
worrallj
✭✭✭✭✭
Does the ability cost increase & fire damage increase really feel like a significant downside? Betweenundeath passive and sustain workarounds it seems 100% worth it in almost every case.

Every build I see online is a stage 3 vamp and I don't get the upside of being mortal. If your a vamp what builds do you struggle against?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on February 21, 2022 8:23PM
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stage 3 gives a reduction of damages up to 33% based on your missing health, with "undeath" passive.

otherwise I only feel the fire damage penality against magDK in 1vs1
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Roukoru
    Roukoru
    ✭✭
    imho, sneaking speed and stamina cost decrease worth it. And damage boost from sneak attack will always help.
    置之死地而后生 (In the land of death -- fight!)
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fire damage increase depends on the content you're doing and thus the enemies you face. There are dungeons and such that have a lot of Fire damage

The ramping increase on non-Vampire skills can be really felt on races that don't have any sort of Regen as a passive. The lowering HP Regen can be felt depending again on content you do and whether you have any self-heals or not.

You also have to consider, though, the skills themselves. Some of them prevent you from being healed by others, one Mist Form's morphs literally no longer works in PvP, one of them requires enemies to be facing you to work, one of them actively damages you when in use, none of them really do much damage.

If you take Vampire just for a couple of passives, you'll more than likely just be gimping yourself.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stage 3's passive on it's own does a good job staving off the flame weakness, but this is mostly true at stage 3. Once you get to stage 4 it'll only overpower the flame weakness at around 40% health. This is true in a perfect system with no diminishing returns, but Undeath is subject to diminishing returns so all the math is wrong in one way, shape, or form.

So to answer your question, when going up against magDKs you're going to be in a fight for your life. The flame weakness at stage 4 can't be ignored but with good tactical play, correct choices in race and class, and proper healing will let you be able to get an upper hand against your opponent.

As for the cost increase.... It depends. If you're using Vampire's spammable quite liberally you won't have an issue, but if you're relying almost exclusively on class related abilities you'll have to build into sustain. As a magDK I personally use a charged Flame staff and the vampire spammable unless I'm hard pressed to use Molten Lash instead. If you're a magic build I'd definitely look into potions with Magicka recovery and bringing a restoration staff for the passive that boosts Magicka back on heavy attacks and getting Magicka after blocking attacks.
    Xarc wrote: »
    Stage 3 gives a reduction of damages up to 33% based on your missing health, with "undeath" passive.

otherwise I only feel the fire damage penality against magDK in 1vs1

It's 30%, not 33%. The 33% was back when Undeath started scaling at 50% health but with the vampire rework it got buffed and adjusted so at 50% health Undeath would sit at 15% damage mitigation.
    Edited by Vevvev on February 21, 2022 6:05PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK