The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase—February 2022"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
flr8akgg9y7b.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Crown Store Showcase—February 2022"

Prepare for the adventure to come with a colorful selection of new and returning styles, adornments, mounts and more coming to the in-game Crown Store this February!
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sovngarde Crates were released after Nightfall and they are returning first. Any chance we could get Nightfall crates in March? They have not had a second appearance yet.

@ZOS_Kevin I do appreciate the increased cadence of returning crates and homes. There are so many of them now if we don't get one to return every month it takes way to long to see the items we want again.
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 5:05PM
  • StormBlade512
    StormBlade512
    ✭✭✭
    No chrysamere...why even live
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the things I noticed that wasn't in the article was the Silver Rose style motif from Red Petal Bastion. Is the style not coming out this month by chance if that's the case?
  • duagloth
    duagloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    why is the skin locked behind gems?
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes! Thank you for making Moonlit Cove Sojourner's Wraps available and not locked behind crates or gems.

Wonder how much crowns it’ll cost?
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Thank you for making Moonlit Cove Sojourner's Wraps available and not locked behind crates or gems.

Not sure, but there is no end date for them, so they might be permanent, or at least not only for a small window
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remathilis wrote: »

Not sure, but there is no end date for them, so they might be permanent, or at least not only for a small window

That’s good. This one hates those artificial “limited time” offers. It’s not like the mount/costume/skin will get mouldy past their expiry date!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like this month’s showcase has gone to the dogs.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @NoxiousBlight Thanks for the feedback around the Nightfall crates. We've let our teams know that there is interest in that crate returning. We can't confirm when things will come back as that info can change. But the request is in.

@RemanCyrodiil_I Thanks for the note on the wrong image. We have edited the article to reflect the correct furnishing pack.

@JazzyNova Thanks for reaching out about this. No, it is not available at this time. But when it is, it will appear in the showcase to highlight.

@WhiteCoatSyndrome I see what you did there.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    I see what you did there.

Good, I was worried I was being too subtle. :mrgreen:

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh, I like the new Khajiit wrap! I’ve been wanting such a costume since Elsweyr! :blush:
  • duagloth
    duagloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @NoxiousBlight Thanks for the feedback around the Nightfall crates. We've let our teams know that there is interest in that crate returning. We can't confirm when things will come back as that info can change. But the request is in.

@RemanCyrodiil_I Thanks for the note on the wrong image. We have edited the article to reflect the correct furnishing pack.

@JazzyNova Thanks for reaching out about this. No, it is not available at this time. But when it is, it will appear in the showcase to highlight.

No answer to my question?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    duagloth wrote: »

You can’t really expect an answer to a rhetorical question. That’s how all the skins are sold as far as I’ve seen. The only exceptions I’m aware of are event and achievement skins.

I’ve been frustrated by items locked in crates with a bunch of items I don’t want too. But at least now we have endeavor seals as an option.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    duagloth wrote: »

Just FYI when you quote a post that @ tags somebody that sends them a notification same as if you were tagging them directly.

• DoggedBark24
    DoggedBark24
    ✭✭
    There's some pretty cool stuff coming back to the crown store.

Btw, @ZOS_Kevin any idea when the dates for the upcoming whitestrake's mayhem event is? I was hoping to find out through the crown store showcase today but couldn't really find anything.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DoggedBark24 AFAIK the exact dates are always in a separate announcement closer to the event itself and not in the Crown Store showcase. I’m expecting it to be in the second half of the month.
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO plus "gift" is once again stretched to 6 weeks ? Was it not monthly originally ? Now 8 times a year ? Not trying to literally 'look a gift horse in the mouth' but wondering if this schedule change was ever announced or just quietly slipped in. I know players have been asking for something different than statuettes - and we have had some very nice paintings , ty - but I suspect this was not the kind of "different" players had in mind.

Some interesting items in the Crown store as usual, will ponder on purchases a bit first.
  • Tallon_IV
    Tallon_IV
    ✭✭✭

Can you mention the Scalecaller Crates too? As far as I can tell they haven't been back since 2018.
  • calitrumanb14_ESO
    calitrumanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ESO plus "gift" is once again stretched to 6 weeks ? Was it not monthly originally ? Now 8 times a year ? Not trying to literally 'look a gift horse in the mouth' but wondering if this schedule change was ever announced or just quietly slipped in.

I would like to see an explanation, but doubt it'll happen. Also, didn't new chapters previously include 3 treasure chests? Because this year it appears to include only one.
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no Gloam Wolf Mount *sigh*
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the 6 week plus item seems to be the norm now, I'd love to see them bring back some of the old statuettes in tandem. I still miss the Meridia I lost when I made the move to PC.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    Since the 6 week plus item seems to be the norm now, I'd love to see them bring back some of the old statuettes in tandem. I still miss the Meridia I lost when I made the move to PC.

That's a great idea. I have all of them, but I know some people who would love to get the ones they missed - either because something happened IRL or because they weren't subscribed yet when a certain statuette came out.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feather crown and siege horse look intriguing.
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no adorable assassin hairstyle. Lame 😐
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tallon_IV wrote: »

Can you mention the Scalecaller Crates too? As far as I can tell they haven't been back since 2018.

Yes please!
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any idea when the dates for the upcoming whitestrake's mayhem event is? I was hoping to find out through the crown store showcase today but couldn't really find anything.
    Based on the dates of what's given I'd strongly suspect the 17th.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO plus "gift" is once again stretched to 6 weeks ? Was it not monthly originally ? Now 8 times a year ? Not trying to literally 'look a gift horse in the mouth' but wondering if this schedule change was ever announced or just quietly slipped in. I know players have been asking for something different than statuettes - and we have had some very nice paintings , ty - but I suspect this was not the kind of "different" players had in mind.

Some interesting items in the Crown store as usual, will ponder on purchases a bit first.

Yeah...not thrilled about this recent, unannounced change. But, they already cut back on exclusive deals to just sales on returning items and the 15-pack of Crown crates. Though the original article seemed to imply we'd get exclusive items to purchase, that never happened. There was a brief stint of giving us a new item at a discount one month before it was available to everyone else.

I'd love to see, especially since they are reducing the free monthly "selection" (now, no longer monthly, and never a selection), exclusive items to purchase with crowns. The crate gamblers get exclusive items all the time (pocket watcher pets, e.g.). Or, perhaps start giving us free items that aren't furnishings. You know, a pet or even a hat.

As for this month's showcase, a small handful of new items - looking forward to getting another female Khajiit costume (only one more to go!) - and a BUNCH of returning items. The costume will either be 500 or 700 crowns, since we already got the 1,000 crown version.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 3, 2022 8:26PM
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awh really wanted storm atro crates to come back... or nerienth... :(

i don't see anything that interests me this month..
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Monweel
    Monweel
    ✭✭✭
    Still no New Moon crates, It's probably the most requested crate to return. :'(
    Though I'm happy to see the Sovngarde crates here, I've seen a lot of people asking for them too these last few months.