The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The world is changing (Possible High Isle Spoilers)

James-Wayne
James-Wayne
✭✭✭✭✭
So only just recently these statues have started to appear around the Breton zones, is this the Breton knight we see in the trailers? I know ZOS adds content to the game all the time like carts for travel etc but why are these statues appearing everywhere, what importance do they??? Are we going to see more world changes closer to the chapter like when we saw dragons flying around the game capital cities?

UPDATE: So these knight statues are not just all around the city but it appears there is some new walls built out front of Wayrest, the walls are newer in style compared to the old Breton walls from 2014. The knight statue is also found in Daggerfall but none of the other cities. I also noticed they are dismantling the Guillotine now and there is a Orc bard in the main square with a Breton name, he''s dialog even mentions the Breton name.

Anyone got any lore on these statues to share? Theories?

Screenshot-20220131-142702.png
Edited by James-Wayne on January 31, 2022 8:43AM
PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
529 people have also earned this badge.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition I found a new statue in and around Riverspire.... it looks like the Breton Hero with the sword from the new trailer dont you think?

Riverspire.png

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure these things are new?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first statue might be either the knight order currently in leadership of High Isle, or the Ascendant Order, who are rising to power according to the info from the preview. The second one could definitely be the British Hero, he was carrying a greatsword in the trailer as well, or just generally representing a hero who is opposing the Ascendant Order (like the fighters who stormed the castle with the Bitish Hero in the trailer).
    Edited by Jaimeh on January 31, 2022 9:26AM
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Its possible I could have been sleeping this whole time!
    Edited by James-Wayne on January 31, 2022 9:45AM

• SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mandela Effect

Breton Legacy psyops
    PC NA
  • Mycelius
    Mycelius
    ✭✭✭
    Just had eye surgery, so can't check details.

The statue in Rivenspire/Shornhelm looks maybe like medium or perhaps light jerkin (it reminds me of the robe Verandis wore in Greymoor chapter. If it matches the armour the House of Ravenwatch members (Gwendis, Adusa-daro, Verandis) are wearing in Greymoor/Markarth, then we 're possibly looking at Ancestral Breton armour.

Compare chest embelishments on Verandis' robe with the one on Rivenspire/Shornhelm statue:
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Ancestral_Breton_Style

Compare the medium tasset symbol with the one on the statue shield (does heraldry match?):
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:ON-npc-Adusa-daro_02.jpg

Edited by Mycelius on January 31, 2022 12:17PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Its possible I could have been sleeping this whole time!

I'm genuinely asking because I don't know when ZOS had the chance to change these things and if they did this is a very nice job of preparing us for the upcoming Chapter.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those statues might actually be new, similar to dragons in major cities before the Elsweyr release.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JhS63yr.jpeg

Nah, the statues are old, from the base game. You can find this knight in almost every single Breton city in the game. It was really depressing when I first played the game.

Arriving at Daggerfall for the first time was amazing, seeing all this amazing architecture, and hey! Check out that awesome Breton knight statue! But then you also see the exact same architecture and statue copy/pasted in Wayrest, Shornhelm, Evermore etc, as if every city was built in the exact same period by the exact same architect. It's the same reason I rate the Summerset expansion so much lower than most people (too many cities, all sharing copy/paste architecture, even Alinor, and no parts of Summerset left to address this in a future expansion) and why I'm glad all expansions since then have focused on fewer cities at a time so that each province can have much more unique architecture by the time it's finished.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hope they completely remake Daggerfall and Wayrest with updated assets as i spend 90% of my time in those two cities.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can see these statues in screenshots on UESP, which were uploaded in 2014.

Here's one showing some of the knights around Wayrest:
    ON-place-Wayrest.jpg

And here's the one in Shornhelm:
    ON-place-Shornhelm.jpg

Edited by Danikat on January 31, 2022 1:29PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe there's an attack on the monarchs leading up to High Isles why else would ships from the 3 factions join together to travel there in the first place?
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know about any other, but the one at Wayrest guild traders isn't new. if you look at the link for Wayrest guild traders below, the first picture includes the statue

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Guild_Traders_(Wayrest)
    Soupy twist
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also noticed they are dismantling the Guillotine now

That is quest related. i.e. you have rescued the King from his nightmare.
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That statue is definitely not new, as I hoped for it to be released as a furniture item ever since Homestead came out and gave us the broken variant of it. :D
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw too bad, it would be cool if they update Breton zones with small details in anticipation of the chapter!
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah those statued are as old as the Game. You can even find them in some delves.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Base game, me friends.
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a shame. It would be cool if they added things new in the world for the upcoming chapter release. Just no... no dragons please... I found the dragon flying around the capital got meh after awhile...
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deter1UK wrote: »

They're taking their time about it! I hate to think how long it took them to put it up given they've been taking it down for years. :D
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

They're taking their time about it! I hate to think how long it took them to put it up given they've been taking it down for years. :D

The same company must be working on the Cantons in Vivec City...
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My mistake, haven't played that since 2014.

I'll just go back to sleeping.