The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rng food and Tradable dungeon sets

Sparxlost
Sparxlost
✭✭✭
Okay so what if they made foodbuffs that increased drop rates for certain types of items
light armor
medium armor
heavy armor
bows and staves and shields armor
1 and 2h weapons armor
Maybe it could be potions instead idk
Then they could make dungeon sets tradable..... (i dislike when people tell me they wont because then no one would buy the dlc so dont) this would be great if you didnt want to farm or couldnt for whatever reason maybe you just dont have time so you would pay gold for the pieces someone else farmed from the dungeon. i feel like this would bring life to the in-game trading..
and the rng item buffs would make farming for set pieces with specific traits easier as you would get more drops of that type.
i was thinking this because once i was grinding a sanctuary healing staff and didnt get the drop for an entire week i think and it kind of broke me like what if im farming for all my pieces AND want a specific trait? it would take forever it seemed i get its not so bad now though i just figured id put this here late I feel like the game isnt made to feel super grindy like other games like the only things you really grind are crafting materials and gold and its not like you HAVE to go around farming yourself you could play the market or have interactions with people that win you some of that stuff so even if you go around just playing the game you would probably have some even if it isnt a ton
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure they've considered it, maybe multiple times. But most online RPGs if not all keep players playing and engaged due to the grind. If players don't have constantly more stuff they need to grind for to stay on top whether it's PVP or PVE they will eventually leave for other games and stop buying crowns and DLC. As you know some sets you are able to trade but most of the most-desirable gear you have to farm for. They keep players playing and buying crowns by the grind. They give people shortcuts that quite honestly are not very popular for people who don't want a pay to win type environment. You can buy experience scrolls, skills lines, and skyshards. I guess they just don't want to go 100% pay to win. (or maybe it would be called pay to advance) To be honest I'm surprised that they haven't implemented just about anything they can make money from. But I suppose even they realize that there should be a limit to their greed to keep their image up with their fans and the public.

I'm older and grew up when you bought a game and played it and that was it. There was no DLC or any other way to spend money on a game besides buying physical merch. There was no online gaming or crowns. To be honest I really miss those days. Gaming was so much more affordable then. Online gaming is great and fun but spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on a game just isn't my cup of tea.
    Edited by malistorr on February 21, 2022 7:44PM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    I'm older and grew up when you bought a game and played it and that was it. There was no DLC or any other way to spend money on a game besides buying physical merch. There was no online gaming or crowns. To be honest I really miss those days. Gaming was so much more affordable then. Online gaming is great and fun but spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on a game just isn't my cup of tea.

ESO at least it is quite possible to buy the base game/morrowwind when the offers come up for under ten dollars, play and complete all the content and not spend a dime more. PvP slightly less so because you have access to less sets and mythics but the rest including the Craglorn stuff and Imperial City content you can finish.

Too many toons not enough time
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dungeon/trial gear is technically tradeable, but only for a limited time and only with the group you ran the dungeon/trial with

you also cant increase drop rate for something if its not in the drop pool to begin with (no matter how much you want the first boss in a dungeon will never drop a weapon regardless how much you alter the RNG)

with curation i personally dont see the need for this, once i finish the sets i just recreate what i need, the dungeon/trial gear trading helps fill out your collections, but technically not necessary except to help reduce the total number of runs needed
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014