Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Examples of Resource-building Collectible Card Games (CCGs)?

Cireous
Cireous
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know what this is? I've only played Legends and I believe it was considered a Combat CCG. Having no experience with these types of games, as much as I wanted to enjoy Legends, I couldn't figure out what I was doing or how to play it correctly, and I finally just gave up on it. I think I may have needed a much more advanced tutorial or something. Anyways, in the reveal, they seemed to indicate the new Tales of Tribute game would be something very different... a "Resource-building" game, but they didn't explain what that meant.

Does anyone know what to expect with this type of game? Are there any other games out right now, that might play in a similar way, that I could look into to get an idea of what we might be getting with Tales of Tribute?
  • Tyrvarion
    Tyrvarion
    ✭✭✭
    I think Gwent ( both as standalone game and minigame inside Witcher 3) comes to mind with no combat between unit cards and no mana but with focus on board state and building advantage over opponent
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dominion is the game you're after.

it's a deck builder where you build resources and then use those resources to purchase victory points.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrvarion wrote: »
    I think Gwent ( both as standalone game and minigame inside Witcher 3) comes to mind with no combat between unit cards and no mana but with focus on board state and building advantage over opponent
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Dominion is the game you're after.

it's a deck builder where you build resources and then use those resources to purchase victory points.

Thanks sharing. Looking into both <3