The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Really best Stam Dragonknight race

Scaletho
Scaletho
✭✭✭✭✭
Idk if this is the right room to ask this, but anyway: please, could you tell what is the real best race to Stam Dragonknight (PVE and/or Solo PVE)? I know that all races can be chosen to any class, but I'm sure some of them have a much better performance as some specific classes. Thanks any tip.
  • festegios
    festegios
    ✭✭✭
    Dark elf/ orc / kajitt/ probably more but they will give you the higher end of damage
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvPers care about performance. Organised, competitive trial players care about performance. It matters to them, but these groups typically overstate how relevant racial passives are to everyone else. Their assumption is that everyone eventually progresses to the highest level of endgame, but I think most people don't and it's fair to say that, up until that point, racial passives matter diddly squat. At the very highest level you may see performance differences around the 3% ballpark in terms of DPS. This only matters for pushing scores and setting world records. What makes or breaks your performance much more than that is your proficiency with your skill rotation. For example, I have played this game for 6 1/2 years, albeit mostly as a PvPer. My proficiency in PvE, against a target dummy, is about 66% that of the best players. In other words they do 50% more damage than me, because they're better at PvE than I am with the same build. On the other hand I will probably beat the crap out of 95% of players in PvP and PvE alike. In this context, do you think 3% matters? I know it doesn't. Let me run through the races for you, though. The TL;DR is: Don't choose Breton. That's about it.

Altmer: Two out of 3 passives, Spell Recharge (sustain) and Elemental Talent (damage), now also apply to stamina builds. Traditionally a magicka race, this now gets my vote as a possible option.

Wood Elf: Totally fine. Stamina race majoring on speed and sustain. Nice.

Khajiit: A universal race. Building for crit is meta for PvE. Khajiit does extra crit damage. Recent changes to crit have probably nerfed this race a bit, but still good.

Nord: A tankier race that doesn't make for the best damage dealer, but the unique ulti-gen passive synergizes with DK. Nice.

Dunmer: The traditional pick if you're unsure whether you want to play mag or stam. Both stats and damage. Nice.

Argonian: A universal race, maybe more for a tank or healer. Can't say no to extra healing and sustain in solo play. Nice.

Imperial: Another universal stamina or tank race. Nothing wrong with this either. Universal cost reduction including, I presume, base skills (dodge rolls, blocking) and ultimates is nice.

Breton: A pure magicka race. The one race that brings nothing to the table for stam DK and that I would not choose.

Orc: Speed, damage, self healing, some stamina. Nice.

Redguard: It's a stamina race, but I think the weapon cost reduction makes it uniquely suited to specific builds. Probably better for stamsorc builds than DKs as a whole. Good in the past, but regarded as generally weak these days. Then again: Talking about the highest levels here. Still a stamina race and, thus, suited to stam DK.
    Edited by fred4 on January 31, 2022 9:56AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    PvPers care about performance. Organised, competitive trial players care about performance. It matters to them, but these groups typically overstate how relevant racial passives are to everyone else. Their assumption is that everyone eventually progresses to the highest level of endgame, but I think most people don't and it's fair to say that, up until that point, racial passives matter diddly squat. At the very highest level you may see performance differences around the 3% ballpark in terms of DPS. This only matters for pushing scores and setting world records. What makes or breaks your performance much more than that is your proficiency with your skill rotation. For example, I have played this game for 6 1/2 years, albeit mostly as a PvPer. My proficiency in PvE, against a target dummy, is about 66% that of the best players. In other words they do 50% more damage than me, because they're better at PvE than I am with the same build. On the other hand I will probably beat the crap out of 95% of players in PvP and PvE alike. In this context, do you think 3% matters? I know it doesn't. Let me run through the races for you, though. The TL;DR is: Don't choose Breton. That's about it.

Altmer: Two out of 3 passives, Spell Recharge (sustain) and Elemental Talent (damage), now also apply to stamina builds. Traditionally a magicka race, this now gets my vote as a possible option.

Khajiit: A universal race. Building for crit is meta for PvE. Khajiit does extra crit damage. Recent changes to crit have probably nerfed this race a bit, but still good.

Nord: A tankier race that doesn't make for the best damage dealer, but the unique ulti-gen passive synergizes with DK. Nice.

Dunmer: The traditional pick if you're unsure whether you want to play mag or stam. Both stats and damage. Nice.

Argonian: A universal race, maybe more for a tank or healer. Can't say no to extra healing and sustain in solo play. Nice.

Imperial: Another universal stamina or tank race. Nothing wrong with this either. Universal cost reduction including, I presume, base skills (dodge rolls, blocking) and ultimates is nice.

Breton: A pure magicka race. The one race that brings nothing to the table for stam DK and that I would not choose.

Redguard: It's a stamina race, but I think the weapon cost reduction makes it uniquely suited to specific builds. Probably better for stamsorc builds than DKs as a whole. Good in the past, but regarded as generally weak these days. Then again: Talking about the highest levels here. Still a stamina race and, thus, suited to stam DK.

Many thanks! You give me a lot info to use it.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVE? Dunmer wins by a mile. Stamina regen is the least of your concern with all those flame whips you’ll want to cast, and flames of oblivion
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chose the race for PVP, anyone can do end game trials on any race. The difference in damage is negligible for most but scoreboard pushing guilds but the difference in PVP is quite substantial for survival.

Best PVP Magicka Race: Breton
    Best PVP Stamina Race: Imperial

Good choices: Dunmer, Nord and Orc.
    Edited by IronWooshu on January 31, 2022 7:21PM
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

"but I think most people don't" you are 100% right the vast majority couldn't care less about trials.
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all stam races are good atm, doing slightly more damage wont matter in the end of the day.

the weaker stam classes are redguard. granted some people want z to add stealth passive to bosmer.

People are sleeping on imperial i'll just say that. but ill admit dark elf is overtuned atm.
    Edited by francesinhalover on February 1, 2022 4:57PM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    redguard has reduced weapon skill cost as well as better stamina sustain
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And U33 as it is on PTS means that your magicka skills generally scale to your weapon damage on a stam toon which means everything may well change.
    Too many toons not enough time