Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Prevent harming innocents

Larcomar
Larcomar
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there a way to have the prevent harming innocents option on without it interfering with vampire feed? I keep having to turn it off, forget to turn it back on and given I tend to now instinctively light attack before, well anything, I find myself being regularly pursued by irate guards around Rawl Ka while I'm doing writs, banking, shopping... Or maybe add on that turns it on when you go to feed? It's already clunky enough as it is - half the time I don't get the pop up, the other half is the bloody blade of woe.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's either on or off, no exceptions sadly.

Also Feed's synergy only appears around 7-8 meters behind your target and at the same elevation. If you're too high up or too far down the synergy won't pop up. I honestly don't like how they did it as it's way too sensitive to height and you can only get meals on level terrain.
    Edited by Vevvev on January 29, 2022 5:09PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep/ Well, I thought it was worth asking. Thanks V.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if on the PC you can use the addon "vampires woes" (i think thats the name), but it allows you to use setting to disable one or both of the blade of woe and vampire feed, i dont remember offhand though if this can be keybound to toggle, but it is nice on a vampire who feeds to just have blade of woe disabled

another key thing to keep in mind that is not explained anywhere is that blade of woe and vampire feed have different ranges

blade of woe is melee range (i think something out to about 6-7 meters), and the vampire feed is long range (starts at the same distance blade of woe ends and then goes to about 12 meters), i havent tested the specific ranges but that is how i was able to differentiate them before i just avoided the hassle entirely with the addon lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if on the PC you can use the addon "vampires woes" (i think thats the name), but it allows you to use setting to disable one or both of the blade of woe and vampire feed, i dont remember offhand though if this can be keybound to toggle, but it is nice on a vampire who feeds to just have blade of woe disabled

another key thing to keep in mind that is not explained anywhere is that blade of woe and vampire feed have different ranges

blade of woe is melee range (i think something out to about 6-7 meters), and the vampire feed is long range (starts at the same distance blade of woe ends and then goes to about 12 meters), i havent tested the specific ranges but that is how i was able to differentiate them before i just avoided the hassle entirely with the addon lol

The addon was nice back when Feed and Blade of woe truly overlapped, but now it's pointless because ZOS in their infinite wisdom just stopped the Feed synergy from showing up at melee range. The synergy was also changed to be a Blade of Woe reskin over a targeted channeled spell that healed.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

The addon was nice back when Feed and Blade of woe truly overlapped, but now it's pointless because ZOS in their infinite wisdom just stopped the Feed synergy from showing up at melee range. The synergy was also changed to be a Blade of Woe reskin over a targeted channeled spell that healed.

yeah its not quite as useful, but it is still pretty useful to prevent accidentally using one or the other as they do still kind of overlap just a little at the range it changes between the 2

i always had the problem of standing too close, but i was always in the habit of hitting synergy as soon as i saw it and kept getting blade of woe instead of vamp feed
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014