The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Update 33 combat preview feedback

KingExecration
KingExecration
✭✭✭✭
In theory the hybridization of everything sounds pretty sick. Thinking about it for a little while it just makes stam and magic one and the same really. It also makes imperial even more necessary for stam. It’s wait and see of course but Zo$ doesn’t have a good track record of massive changes like this. From pvp player perspective. Pve might be even more cookie cut lmao. Bad change
Thoughts?
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since when was Imperial a must pick race?

PVE build diversity in end game just doesn't matter. You're already going to copy/paste whatever the highest DPS parse on youtube you can find is. Not sure why people are upset about that.

PVP, solo PVE and small group PVE is yet to be seen, but it feels like it will be a positive. Your sustain, build choices and skill bar space is much more strict in those situations. Good luck making space for some of these skills or sustaining the ones that are your off resource without expecting to invest more into off resource sustain which sacrifices your overall damage or defense, whatever you swapped it for.

Coming from the mind space of trying to make hybrids, some skills are much worse than you think and highly based off playstyle. For example, people think Mages Fury would be strong for a stam sorc, but it's honestly way too clunky to me in melee range. There is a delay. It also takes up a slot that could of been used for something else, typically you have Executioner or Whirling Blades for execute. Casting Mages Fury first... then 1 of those is more burst in Execute, but good luck getting them there.

Haunting Curse on the other hand is very nice, when I was playing during U31 and U32, I was using the skill, even though it was hitting for only about as much as my spammable. Reason being, I found Bound Armaments to be so incredibly unreliable that I'd rather use a weaker skill I could combo burst into, than a skill that was only used for passive HP. I also wanted a front bar skill for Stam/Hp Regen so win/win.

Playstyle stilll matters, choice still matters, theory crafting still matters. I refuse to think PVE end game builds that chase Meta's that only build one way should effect this being a good change in any way as a whole. Might actually make me want to play again.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on January 29, 2022 1:07AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a gamebreaker for me, I will most likely not play this game for a year straight because I prefer to play polished games and not a broken mess experiment which will take forever to fix all the issues coming along with it.

Everybody who dares to play their characters semi optimized (kinda what is considered a normal player in every other MMO except for this one) is considered as an elitist and if they don't enjoy racechanging a lot of their characters, changing gear and setup every patch, beta testing these changes and dealing with tons of balance issues for months they're instantly considered as toxic as well. Yeah nope, I'm done. Good that the few people who play hybrid builds convinced ZOS to give them what they want, sadly it comes on expanse of literally EVERYBODY else.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In theory the hybridization of everything sounds pretty sick. Thinking about it for a little while it just makes stam and magic one and the same really. It also makes imperial even more necessary for stam. It’s wait and see of course but Zo$ doesn’t have a good track record of massive changes like this. From pvp player perspective. Pve might be even more cookie cut lmao. Bad change
    Thoughts?

I mean on pvp if everything is overpowered than nerfs arent needed lol
    Edited by francesinhalover on January 29, 2022 2:28AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a gamebreaker for me, I will most likely not play this game for a year straight because I prefer to play polished games and not a broken mess experiment which will take forever to fix all the issues coming along with it.

Everybody who dares to play their characters semi optimized (kinda what is considered a normal player in every other MMO except for this one) is considered as an elitist and if they don't enjoy racechanging a lot of their characters, changing gear and setup every patch, beta testing these changes and dealing with tons of balance issues for months they're instantly considered as toxic as well. Yeah nope, I'm done. Good that the few people who play hybrid builds convinced ZOS to give them what they want, sadly it comes on expanse of literally EVERYBODY else.

Stam doesnt have the insane quantity of morphs mag does. This change is heaven.
    Plus mag skills will still cost mag.

Pure stam chars will only be able to use like 3 in a row.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when was Imperial a must pick race?

PVE build diversity in end game just doesn't matter. You're already going to copy/paste whatever the highest DPS parse on youtube you can find is. Not sure why people are upset about that.

PVP, solo PVE and small group PVE is yet to be seen, but it feels like it will be a positive. Your sustain, build choices and skill bar space is much more strict in those situations. Good luck making space for some of these skills or sustaining the ones that are your off resource without expecting to invest more into off resource sustain which sacrifices your overall damage or defense, whatever you swapped it for.

Coming from the mind space of trying to make hybrids, some skills are much worse than you think and highly based off playstyle. For example, people think Mages Fury would be strong for a stam sorc, but it's honestly way too clunky to me in melee range. There is a delay. It also takes up a slot that could of been used for something else, typically you have Executioner or Whirling Blades for execute. Casting Mages Fury first... then 1 of those is more burst in Execute, but good luck getting them there.

Haunting Curse on the other hand is very nice, when I was playing during U31 and U32, I was using the skill, even though it was hitting for only about as much as my spammable. Reason being, I found Bound Armaments to be so incredibly unreliable that I'd rather use a weaker skill I could combo burst into, than a skill that was only used for passive HP. I also wanted a front bar skill for Stam/Hp Regen so win/win.

Playstyle stilll matters, choice still matters, theory crafting still matters. I refuse to think PVE end game builds that chase Meta's that only build one way should effect this being a good change in any way as a whole. Might actually make me want to play again.

"Good luck making space" stam sorce, warden and templar laugh

But yes you are right

Funny enough bound armaments is the reason i play stam sorce
    Edited by francesinhalover on January 29, 2022 2:36AM
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These changes are good for players who don't care about RPG character archetypes and just want to be able to use every skill whenever they want.

For old school players who enjoy character build craft and character archetypes, these changes are damaging to the game. Pretty soon there won't be mages, warriors, or anything else, everyone will be the same.

I think the developers have mistaken 'play how you want' for 'choices shouldn't matter'
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My magic templar being able to use stamina weapons for a bit longer before running out of stamina is a good thing.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a lot of unanswered questions that PTS will clear up next week. I'm not making any judgements until I see the whole picture. At first glance, the ability to use crystal frags and mage's wrath on stam sorcs or fully embrace destro staves on stam toons sounds like an interesting design space to explore, though there could be potential balance issues. We could also see a pile of nerfs to go along with this that obviously ZOS wouldn't tell us about ahead of time. There are so many variables that it's impossible to see the impact with just the preview info we have.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdks and mag sorcs that will be able to use the executioner skill off the 2hand tree. Can’t wait!

I’m gonna hold off on crafting potions until I get a better idea on how WP and SP potions are gonna work.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a lot of unanswered questions that PTS will clear up next week. I'm not making any judgements until I see the whole picture. At first glance, the ability to use crystal frags and mage's wrath on stam sorcs or fully embrace destro staves on stam toons sounds like an interesting design space to explore, though there could be potential balance issues. We could also see a pile of nerfs to go along with this that obviously ZOS wouldn't tell us about ahead of time. There are so many variables that it's impossible to see the impact with just the preview info we have.

You have to keep in mind that scaling takes the highest value, but the cost still remains, so spamming mag abilities on a stam character will hardly work unless you find a way to sustain it.

For stam iam expecting some new ways since more class abilities become available and heals open up, so we might see options beside vigor and some less weapon skill focused builds.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm uncertain ..

On one hand, it's a big scary change ..

On the other hand, replacing entropy with traps on my magicka character will do wonder for my sustain and will allow me to swap medusa and benefit from a whole new 5 pc Bonus ...