The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

High Isle add on PS5

vivisectvib16_ESO
vivisectvib16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey there,

The PSN store shows both the Collection and Upgrade for PS5, but it only shows the add on for PS4 for those who have the base game already. If I buy that version will it be unlocked for the PS5 enhanced edition as well?
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno sorry, forgot to tag, thanks!
    Options
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @vivisectvib16_ESO

Thanks for calling out this confusion with the product title/tagging for us! Yes, if you buy the Upgrade in the PSN Store you will have access to the content on PS5.
    Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on January 27, 2022 10:01PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for calling out this confusion with the product title/tagging for us! Yes, if you buy the Upgrade in the PSN Store you will have access to the content on PS5.

Thank you!
    Options
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will that content be an enhanced version or just the PS4 version? @ZOS_Adrikoth

Edited by Avoranti on March 21, 2022 3:52AM
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avoranti wrote: »

Will that content be an enhanced version or just the PS4 version? @ZOS_Adrikoth

It'll be whatever you start up, if you run the enhanced version that's what you'll get. The upgrade just unlocks the chapter on your account so it doesn't matter whether you play PS4 or enhanced.
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »

It'll be whatever you start up, if you run the enhanced version that's what you'll get. The upgrade just unlocks the chapter on your account so it doesn't matter whether you play PS4 or enhanced.

But the PSN Store on PS5 only mentions PS4 for the upgrade, Not PS4/PS5, and that you're entitled to download both versions. Only PS4 Pro is enhanced.
    Until it states PS5, I wont be buying.
    Sorry.

PS4/PS5/EU
    Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rikkadir wrote: »

But the PSN Store on PS5 only mentions PS4 for the upgrade, Not PS4/PS5, and that you're entitled to download both versions. Only PS4 Pro is enhanced.
    Sorry.

It's literally just a licence, the content is downloaded into the game whether you own it or not. It'll be available on the PS5 version because it will be downloaded to the PS5 version, they're not going to release a PS4 version with it and a PS5 version without it.

But if you don't believe us just ask: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app
    Options
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »

Sorry.

It's literally just a licence, the content is downloaded into the game whether you own it or not. It'll be available on the PS5 version because it will be downloaded to the PS5 version, they're not going to release a PS4 version with it and a PS5 version without it.

But if you don't believe us just ask: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app

Thanks for the comments and the link.
    But I just read what I see, The PS5 will play PS4 games, and ESO High Isle Upgrade is stated as being PS4.
    I need to download on both PS4 and PS5., but this is not mentioned also, as the collection is.

Thanks.
    PS4/PS5/EU
    Options
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    nfledia1dees.jpg

@ZOS_Adrikoth
    Sorry for being a pain, but if I purchase the High Isle Upgrade in the PS4 PSN store, will I be able to download both PS4 and PS5 digital versions of High Isle?

As shown above, it's not clearly stated and shows the upgrade as PS4 only.

Thanks for any clarification.
    PS4/PS5/EU
    Options
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nfledia1dees.jpg

@ZOS_Adrikoth
    Sorry for being a pain, but if I purchase the High Isle Upgrade in the PS4 PSN store, will I be able to download both PS4 and PS5 digital versions of High Isle?

You get both PS4 and PS5.

It says it Entitles you to both PS4 and PS5 versions

1pxl3teicnth.jpg
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
    Options
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    nfledia1dees.jpg

@ZOS_Adrikoth

You get both PS4 and PS5.

It says it Entitles you to both PS4 and PS5 versions

1pxl3teicnth.jpg

Yes, the collection entitles you to both versions, not 'High Isle' on its own.
    The bit you underlined is for Blackwood.
    Or am I missing something???
    PS4/PS5/EU
    Options
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You unlock both 100%, I've Bought High Isle on PS5, it applies to both versions.

Options
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    You unlock both 100%, I've Bought High Isle on PS5, it applies to both versions.

I know what you're saying, and I appreciate all the replies, but it doesn't say that, so I'd like confirmation from ZOS before I buy. But again there's no communication.
    High Isle Upgrade on PS5 clearly states PS4, as I posted.
    PS4/PS5/EU
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if it helps, I bought Blackwood when it came out on PS4 and when I downloaded the PS5 Enhanced Version just a few months ago I was able to still access the zone.

If you have PS4 ESO on disc you still need that disc for PS5.

As someone stated above, if you buy the PS4 version you are entitled to download the PS5 version for free.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've preordered the High Isle upgrade and have the elk mount on both PS4 and PS5. Hope that's good enough proof that it unlocks on both.

It's really impossible to have something on one and not the other tho. Content unlocks on your account not the individual download, same as any crown store purchases are available on both regardless of which you used to buy them :)
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all replies, it really is appreciated.
    My PS4 version is on disc, I bought and downloaded the PS5 digital version.

I know it unlocks on both, but I still need an answer to this simple questioon.
    "If I purchase the High Isle Upgrade from the PSN store on PS5, will I be able to DOWNLOAD both PS4 & PS5 versions?" Yes or no.

Sorry for going on, but only the collection states "entitled to download both versions".
    Or maybe ZOS doesn't know and it's Sony I should contact.
    Thank you.
    PS4/PS5/EU
    Options
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The PS5 Version of ESO is a Free Upgrade as per here if you already own the game, which you do.

68x8mzbp9g46.jpg

Unlocking Chapters is an Account side Thing, so it applies to both PS4 and PS5 Versions. Just like how your Collection Tab carries between PS4 and PS5 versions.

But if you really want a Zos Answer, maybe open up a Support Ticket. Or contacting Sony Support.

Options
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I know what you're saying, and I appreciate all the replies, but it doesn't say that, so I'd like confirmation from ZOS before I buy. But again there's no communication.
    High Isle Upgrade on PS5 clearly states PS4, as I posted.
    It will work for wich ever version you have currenly installed on your console
    The chapter is linked to your psn account and not to your console
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all replies, it really is appreciated.
    My PS4 version is on disc, I bought and downloaded the PS5 digital version.

I know it unlocks on both, but I still need an answer to this simple questioon.
    "If I purchase the High Isle Upgrade from the PSN store on PS5, will I be able to DOWNLOAD both PS4 & PS5 versions?" Yes or no.

Sorry for going on, but only the collection states "entitled to download both versions".
    Or maybe ZOS doesn't know and it's Sony I should contact.
    Thank you.

Sorry I thought you already had both versions! You will have both the PS4 and PS5 game in your games library and can download either or both to any console you add your account to, or run the disc from. You already have these with the original disc and the free upgrade. Any installed game will update as usual and have any content unlocked on your account. Updates are exactly the same whether or not you buy High Isle, all that changes is your access to it.

It's kinda unfair to the people who just own the base game, they have to download all the content even tho they can't play it! :D

I have both versions running (any updatig) happily on my PS5 and a pro still running the old one with no problem
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • TPishek
    TPishek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an account upgrade, once it is applied to your account you can play it regardless.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t know what else you require.

When downloads for patches happen now, I get two downloads, one for PS4 and one for PS5.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When downloads for patches happen now, I get two downloads, one for PS4 and one for PS5.

That's because you have both versions installed. If you only have one version installed it'll only install that version's patch.
    Options
  • TylerDurden
    TylerDurden
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I need to delete my ps4 version and just run ps5
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »

That's because you have both versions installed. If you only have one version installed it'll only install that version's patch.

Yeah I keep that just in case a bug forces me back to the old version, it did happen before for others before I got PS5.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • pavsaint
    pavsaint
    ✭✭✭
    I refuse to buy the high isle PlayStation upgrade until released on disc if it means I have to stop playing eso because future chapters will only be released digitally so be it, the decision to only make available digitally takes the mickey on those who have a disc console. I will be cancelling my eso plus subscription too
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pavsaint wrote: »
    I refuse to buy the high isle PlayStation upgrade until released on disc if it means I have to stop playing eso because future chapters will only be released digitally so be it, the decision to only make available digitally takes the mickey on those who have a disc console. I will be cancelling my eso plus subscription too

I have a console with disc and I got the upgrade. What is the problem?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much all games' DLC are digital these days, homie. I double you're going to find many companies releasing expansions on disc when they can cut that mfg cost out of the equation.
    Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on June 28, 2022 4:33PM
    Options
  • pavsaint
    pavsaint
    ✭✭✭
    As I have already made very clear I will not be held hostage by the attempt to monopolise the price by issuing only availability by download only. I will not be buying high isle either until considerably cheaper ie around ten pounds UK or it’s made available on disc format. Utterly ridiculous to release only via monopolised PlayStation store
    Edited by pavsaint on June 28, 2022 10:02PM
    Options
  • pavsaint
    pavsaint
    ✭✭✭

Pretty much all games' DLC are digital these days, homie. I double you're going to find many companies releasing expansions on disc when they can cut that mfg cost out of the equation.

That’s not true if you visit any game store as I have very recently there are still plenty of games available on disc format

Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As I have already made very clear I will not be held hostage by the attempt to monopolise the price by issuing only availability by download only. I will not be buying high isle either until considerably cheaper ie around ten pounds UK or it’s made available on disc format. Utterly ridiculous to release only via monopolised PlayStation store

I guess you don’t have any chapters then because they are all download only.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options