The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Elemental weapon and heavy attacks

OWLTHEMAD
OWLTHEMAD
✭✭✭✭
Pretty simple idea but zos seems to have a hang up on making heavy attacks a dps thing. Well why not make elemental weapon effect heavy attacks and make it viable?

Bring back the sorc lightning heavy builds and make them viable again.

I don't play sorc but I don't see why we can't make the old school builds a thing again.

Besides, lightning bolts are cool.
Edited by OWLTHEMAD on January 27, 2022 5:25PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elemental Weapon effecting heavy attacks would be hard to do. You'd either have to heavy attack with a projectile weapon then cast Elemental Weapon while it was in flight, or pray the server allows you to properly channel a full heavy attack after casting Elemental Weapon. You'd probably need to animation cancel the ability to be able to get the channel off before the 2 seconds are up.

They'd have to buff the duration to something like Crystal Weapon is at, but that opens up a larger can of worms than the one opened when Crystal Weapon Sorc gankers became a thing.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crystal weapon fires from heavy attacks, this would not be hard to implement at all. I have been wondering for a long time why crushing/ele weapon does not operate like crystal weapon. They tried to make the skill more viable by adding major breach to the ability, but the mechanics of the skill are still janky because it has only a 2 second buff time and only procs off of light attacks. Please make crushing/ele weapon proc off of heavy attacks.
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know kind of feel like they could just do a morph specifically for buffing heavy attacks though I can see where your coming from what with gankers.

Which is a totally valid playtime

But could be problematic if over enabled.

I guess I just miss alot of the ways this game used to be played and the diverse meta we used to have with each class playing completely differently and having completely different set choices.

Like netch and necro on sorc, bsw and silks of the sun on dk etc.

Now every chapter release its everybody the same thing with practically the same play style.