Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Replica Zenithar Adytum Gate placement?

BlueRaven
BlueRaven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone found a good way to use the "Replica Zenithar Adytum Gate"?

I am trying to find a good (hopefully craftable?) doorway to put it in, but I am having problems finding one.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? No one? Well hopefully in High Isle then….
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i havent even gotten it yet lol (its annoying to farm blackwood public dungeons because you cant freaking port directly to someone in them to just do a quick circuit)

since i dont have it yet, i dont know what size it is to try to use in an existing house, but it might definitely be able to work as a doorway to a "DIY" house such as coldharbour or doomchar plateau
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 5:10PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven’t tried using it, but I think both that door and the Nord one don’t have walls or other framework that are meant to fit them. My impression is that it is up to the player to create something suitable, and I have not attempted any custom builds yet.

Your setup above looks very striking, good job!
    :)

EDIT: typo
    Edited by katanagirl1 on January 29, 2022 5:16AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve seen it used in the bigger archways in Pantherfang Chapel, like the ones on the floor near the bedroom
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    I’ve seen it used in the bigger archways in Pantherfang Chapel, like the ones on the floor near the bedroom

Oh! That is interesting.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I did some experimenting with some of the suggestions mentioned here.

Here is the gate compared to the front door of the keep part of Pantherfang, and also alongside "Leyawiin Wall, Castle Door Arch" for a size comparison.

51850894451_42ce5dac73_k.jpg

The size is pretty similar to the front door. And is much larger than the opening for the crafted wall.

____

Next here it is INSIDE pantherfang's keep area and the door is actually a nice fit in the larger arches inside. But I was hoping I will be able to make this furnishing work in places OTHER than Pantherfang.

51849930522_0c870329e7_k.jpg

____

Finally, this is how I used that giant Nord door that was in a crown furniture pack.

51849930172_86495c02b3_k.jpg

I basically made it look like in non-accessible ruin. I fear this new gate will suffer a similar placement fate in future builds, unless I can figure something else out.

Thank you all for your help!
  • Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    This is how I used my Replica Zenithar Adytum Gate:
    4q9mwua4a384.jpg
    ywdgi4rxbu2s.jpg
    I used 6 “Deadlands wall, short” for the “molding”, 3 on each side, then 2 “Limestone Retaining Wall, Curved” to fit the color and style of the building.
    It required some work and several furnitures but I’m quite pleased with the results.
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doors and gate are so many different sizes in this game compared to openings I know I have been very frustrated with them.
  • RouDantes
    RouDantes
    ✭✭✭
    This is also a serious problem with the newer Dreadsail Door, Grand, which is also incredibly cool looking, AND does not fit in any of the doorways or arches that we can craft or buy, nor does it fit in any doorway or arch in any of my houses, and I own... 35 of them, 11 are even notable... though I don't have Pantherfang Chapel... of course. That shouldn't be the only place the Zenithar Atydum Gate fits! We can put one of them in every house we own! Why give us a door to put in every house that only fits in ONE of them?

What's even worse is that both of these doors are only decorated on one side, and both only open inwards from the cool looking side, so you can't even flip them around to put them in front of an opening that's too small for it to fit on the other side, without covering the cool side of the door. Like, you could at least put them in front of other doors, like even ones that can't be moved in the housing editor... but because these only open inward, the new door model clips through the original door or the top of the opening, so it looks ridiculous.

What do they expect us to DO with these huge, awesome doors? Why do neither of them have any appropriately sized places to put them? It should not be so hard to use these doors! I respect the work there to make them fit, but furnishing items slots are limited, and it really sucks having to use 6 or 7 other items to fill the gaps...
    Edited by RouDantes on April 21, 2023 10:47PM
    Cheers,
    Captain Rou Dantes
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    speaking of doors

there are also doorways that dont properly have any doors that can fit into them either

like some of the areas of daggerfall overlook, you cant really use any doors in those room separators (which in some of the similar map areas have doors on them, but we cant craft the doors that are used)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities