The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Seals of Endeavor neccesity

Sparxlost
Sparxlost
✭✭✭
Was wondering if it would be a good idea to add race and name change tokens to the list of items purchasable with Seals of Endeavor they dont have to be super cheap they could be like 2k seals
even.

they change stuff a ton in this game and never give tokens as compensation for time spent making builds so i figured i would ask at least
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The seals are an exact mirror of items in the currently available crates. You might be better off asking for race and name change tokens to be added to one of the crate tiers, similar to how utility items like riding lessons and XP scrolls can be found in crown crates. Then they would also be available via seals.
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    that just seems unneccesary amount of work but whatever more items in the crate pool the better i guess
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The endeavour system exists to comply with Microsoft's policy on loot boxes, which is that everything in loot boxes will also be obtainable by playing the game. They have no such policy for cash shop items and aren't likely to create one since cash shops have not faced the same level of controversy as loot boxes.

I think adding an alternative way to get the character change tokens would be a good idea, but I think it's unlikely ZOS will do it.

Also my preference would be to make the crown exchange system official - add a system where players can sell crowns for gold without the convoluted pseudo-gifting approach we have now. That way players could safely buy crowns with gold within the game (instead of having to go through Discord or whatever) and effectively everything in the crown store becomes something you can get with gold.
    Edited by Danikat on January 26, 2022 9:52AM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    i feel like them promoting crowns for gold exchange would be even less likely for obvious reasons why not just pay gold to have someone gift you something from the crown store??? if you are good friends then it might not be a problem..