The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where to go from here?

Tomboski
Tomboski
✭✭✭
rxhgu8855b0r.png

Best Answer

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomboski wrote: »
    Naw, it's just a quest marker with none of the usual suspects present.

Maybe you are at the wrong place? Try here? Further to the right.

som8ww9yhedb.png

Edited by Elsonso on January 25, 2022 5:07PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Answer ✓
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not remember that quest... but... if all else fails, drop the quest and start it over.
  • Tomboski
    Tomboski
    ✭✭✭
    Been there; done that too...
    Methinks I need "professional" help.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a dumb question, but which "talk to Eveli" step are you on? First you meet her at the Riften Mages Guild, then at Renna's House, then at the docks (by Riften's Dyes), and finally at the end of the quest.

I don't see any bug reports like yours, but maybe knowing which step can help?

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Emperor's_Secret
  • Tomboski
    Tomboski
    ✭✭✭
    6t0shdwtm3si.png

In that case, I must be in the 10th stage; but apparently she is not.

I've already done my subversive due-diligence by diving into anything underground within relatively close proximity.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Lyranth there with Eveli's brother and the cart?
  • Tomboski
    Tomboski
    ✭✭✭
    Naw, it's just a quest marker with none of the usual suspects present.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you in the middle of any other quest involving these characters ?

I'm not aware of one for this quest but the main quest for example has this bug when the Demon Weapon quest is under way, and despite all the complaints, confusion and bug reports it caused went and added another identical problem when adding Western Skyrim.

Really ESO needs to address these problems the way other MMOs do by actually putting something in the quest log like "You cannot progress this quest until you complete The Demon Weapon"

I don't know if they've made the same design choice for this quest but if you have other live quests with Lyranth and co you may want to finish the other storyline first (or drop it if you've not progressed it at all) and see if they then turn up.

Too many toons not enough time
  • Tomboski
    Tomboski
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loath to drop this particular quest again, but it seems as if I've been painted into a corner :(

In any case, thank you all for the feedback :)
  • Tomboski
    Tomboski
    ✭✭✭
    @Elsonso: Thanks for saving the day!

I never would've imagined the necessity of going in the opposite direction relative to the mark.