The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kill 10 Humanoid Foes - Daily Endeavor

MJ202
MJ202
✭✭✭✭
Websters Dictionary – HUMANOID: a NONHUMAN creature or being with characteristics (such as the ability to walk upright) resembling those of a human.

I logged in this morning to quickly run the daily’s before having to proceed to work. For this one I looked for humanoid foes and was surprised to find no matter which ones I killed, none of them gave me credit. I switched to HUMAN foes and quickly hit the goal of 10.

Don’t waste your time going after humanoid foes, just go for the human ones.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 16, 2024 11:13AM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In ESO humanoid effectively means playable races.

If it just said human you'd be unable to get credit from killing elves, orcs, khajiit or argonians, which would be annoying and confusing because they're often in mixed groups and (especially with humans and elves) it can be hard to tell them apart unless you can see their face clearly.

Technically in real life humans are a sub-set of humanoids, it's just that there's usually no reason for that to come up. It's like how all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I accidentally did it in Cyrodiil lol
    Soupy twist
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two Dolmens. At the start, it always has 6 people standing in a line waiting to be killed, it's also a great way to get those pesky weapon/class ability ones out of the way too.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elves will work just fine. ;)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • MJ202
    MJ202
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    In ESO humanoid effectively means playable races.

If it just said human you'd be unable to get credit from killing elves, orcs, khajiit or argonians, which would be annoying and confusing because they're often in mixed groups and (especially with humans and elves) it can be hard to tell them apart unless you can see their face clearly.

Technically in real life humans are a sub-set of humanoids, it's just that there's usually no reason for that to come up. It's like how all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares.

Valid point. I was in Clockwork City to work on the weekly as well. I brain locked on the humanoid constructs of Clockwork City.
    Edited by MJ202 on January 25, 2022 12:44PM
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I go kill the Covenant troops in Bal Foyen and steal a few nodes from Bots. Good times!
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like cat splatting then Silent Mire is an excellent spot for humanoid farming (and also doing the 1-10 on werewolf)
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More annoying was my realization today (as I charged through a Dwemer ruin) that the dwarven machines don't count as 'clockwork'.
  • Solarius_eu
    Solarius_eu
    ✭✭
    Two Dolmens. At the start, it always has 6 people standing in a line waiting to be killed, it's also a great way to get those pesky weapon/class ability ones out of the way too.

I prefer doing the "class/weapon" endeavour on critters, much quicker and easier, as it removes both the chance the target dies from a dot or light attack and my companion getting the killing blow.

My wife thinks I'm evil, running around butchering all the cavys, rabbits, frogs et al, but meh!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More annoying was my realization today (as I charged through a Dwemer ruin) that the dwarven machines don't count as 'clockwork'.

Well that makes perfect sense Lorewise. Clockwork are specifically creations of Sotha Sil who was inspired by the Dwarven creations.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer doing the "class/weapon" endeavour on critters, much quicker and easier, as it removes both the chance the target dies from a dot or light attack and my companion getting the killing blow.

My wife thinks I'm evil, running around butchering all the cavys, rabbits, frogs et al, but meh!

I’ll have to keep that in mind, I was spamming Daedric mines during dailies so I wouldn’t have to switch characters and the mobs kept standing still to pelt me at range.

Incidentally, the Berne vampires in Vvardenfell do NOT count as humanoids.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll have to keep that in mind, I was spamming Daedric mines during dailies so I wouldn’t have to switch characters and the mobs kept
    standing still to pelt me at range.

It is the way to do it. If I can further suggest a strategy, the northeast part of Western Skyrim, in the snow, is really good. The critters stand out against the white. It is important to keep the critter population low in Skyrim because they eat all the grain that could be used for Nord beer. :smile:

A lot of things don't, which makes it rather annoying.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 26, 2022 1:51AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remembered from a previous time that Argonians counted, so I went to the Sul-Xan ritual site in Blackwood and killed the ones around there.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easy one: Bandit delve in Glenumbra or inhuming 10 targets for Elam Drals if leveling Dark Brotherhood
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Likely because they count as vampires.
    It seems like nothing can fit in two categories. So reptiles aren't beasts, you can't kill zombies/vampires/etc as humanoids, insects & chitinous is a total mess... etc.

My usual humanoids is to teleport to the Exorcised Coven Cottage in Glenumbra, and wander a bit south for the cultists on the hill & in the swamp.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just blade of woe npcs in vvardenfell. XD
  • Lazuli
    Lazuli
    ✭✭✭
    Obsidian3 wrote: »
    I go kill the Covenant troops in Bal Foyen and steal a few nodes from Bots. Good times!

Bal foyan is awesome, thx
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, they should have said "humans and anthropomorphic creatures"?
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one just goes to Auridon and kill off a bunch of Veiled Inheritance.
  • Nightowl_74
    Nightowl_74
    ✭✭✭
    I happened to be doing mages guild dailies and got it killing worm cultists while I was looking for wabberjeky in Rulanyil's Fall. For what amounts to a pretty simple fetch quest, it was amusing. It was my first time doing that one.
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Goblins in Summerseat looked human but did not contribute
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been there (Eastmarch) done that, easy :)
    Edited by LalMirchi on June 4, 2022 1:02PM
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lion's Den public dungeon in The Rift, full to the brim of pesky humans! 😁
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That got me the very first time it came up as a SoE task, as well.
    But then I realized that the game does indeed make a clear distinction between 'Dwarven' and 'Clockwork.'
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • FlopsyPrince
      FlopsyPrince
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Endeavor naming and instructions can be quite misleading.

Salamanders are amphibians, but count as reptiles for the endeavor, for example.

BTW, just kill human scum near Alinor / Summerset. Quite easy to do there.
      PC
      PS4/PS5
    • shadyjane62
      shadyjane62
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Pirates in Khenarthi's Roost are good too. A lot of endeavors can be done in KR I usually get two there.
    • DP99
      DP99
      ✭✭✭✭
      I went to the villa just outside of Kavatch in Gold Coast. Got the 10 easily with all of the enemies patrolling around outside.
    • lordvieckys
      You can find Humanoid folks in Malabar Tor near Ouze.

g0opwz57dqnf.jpg
      Aldmeri Dominion (Khajit)
    • ZOS_Icy
      ZOS_Icy
      mod
      Greetings,

We have gone ahead and closed this thread down since it is rather old. Please keep in mind that sometimes it is better to create a new topic, instead of replying in one that was posted a while ago.

Thanks for your understanding.
      Staff Post
    This discussion has been closed.