The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Hitting through dodge?

Kordai
Kordai
✭✭✭
Ran into a player today who was able to concealed weapon spam straight through dodge roll spam. No lag, was unable to dodge any of his abilities, no aoes.

GG
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well technically should be possible with huge movement speed and proper timing, as dodge period is not the entire dodge animation.
    Options
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    I get incaped and dizzyed through dodge all the time too.
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
    Options
  • Icy_Nelyan
    Icy_Nelyan
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot all the times I get hit through Dodge roll, sometime this leads me ti death.

It Is really annoying, I guess Is somerhing related to the server response but I'm not so sure.
    Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    Well technically should be possible with huge movement speed and proper timing, as dodge period is not the entire dodge animation.
    Yeah. Until a few patches ago the Crusader set added 0.3 seconds to your dodge roll window. I think that window may actually be 0.7s, e.g. not a full GCD, and the Crusader set precisely made up for that. Just a guess. If you and your opponent's rythm are precisely desynced, that might mean he can legitimately hit you every time. I don't know whether the game works that way, though.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Options
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    divnyi wrote: »
    Yeah. Until a few patches ago the Crusader set added 0.3 seconds to your dodge roll window. I think that window may actually be 0.7s, e.g. not a full GCD, and the Crusader set precisely made up for that. Just a guess. If you and your opponent's rythm are precisely desynced, that might mean he can legitimately hit you every time. I don't know whether the game works that way, though.

Can't say for sure, but I think I did it quite a number of times with stampede, where hit is calculated on impact.

If I'm not wrong, it's harder for bullets - probably more dodge checks in different timeframes. Like, if you start shooting and target is dodging, it doesn't hit even if flight time is long and he finished his animations. Likewise, if he dodges when bullet is close, it's still a dodge.

But for melee the problem generally is that you wouldn't be close to target when he dodges out. One of the first things I learned in this game is not to dodge in a way you end up near opponent if you don't want to get hit.
    Options
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your first problem is not exploiting the block meta. Why dodge when you can just stand there and hold block?
    Options
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You say there was no lag, but this is Eso. There is always lag. Probably someone from a far away land. On NA servers we often play against Australians and let me tell you that is not fun for either party. Sometimes it works in your favor and you dodge like 3 gcds with one roll and other times you get hit no matter what you do. Game won't be lagging at all in these situations, its must just be because of how far away they live.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
    Options