Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wishing for a more modest Fargrave home

maximusrex45
maximusrex45
✭✭✭✭
Fargrave is a cool zone, but the house there is way too huge and a bit too far outside of town. I would love it if there was a more moderately sized "penthouse" apartment type home that overlooked the central square in Fargrave.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the current house is way too big for me to ever consider. I would love a much smaller house with a balcony like you say, maybe something the size of Madame Whim's establishment (but with a outdoor balcony). The cozy feeling would fit much much better in with the bazaar style going on in town.
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would be fine with another open area of land where I could custom build a place. That house in Fargrave is too split up, too many rooms, its too something to put my finger on it.

700 slots is not enough for those types of homes, I passed on it and won't be purchasing it in the future.
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be fine with another open area of land where I could custom build a place. That house in Fargrave is too split up, too many rooms, its too something to put my finger on it.

700 slots is not enough for those types of homes, I passed on it and won't be purchasing it in the future.

I don't think it was ever released yet, was it? The Fargrave giant home. I think the only house from the Deadlands dlc that was released is the evil Daedric spire that's located in the Deadlands.
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

I don't think it was ever released yet, was it? The Fargrave giant home. I think the only house from the Deadlands dlc that was released is the evil Daedric spire that's located in the Deadlands.

No, not released into the live game yet but has been on the PTS for some time now.
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

ah! just shows how uninterested I'm in it (ha). When Deadlands dropped, I checked all the new homes that we could visit and was not impressed.

Cheers
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. A personal issue I've had for sometime now with some of the new homes in context to the zones they are released in.

Places like Fargrave, Brass Fortress, Balmora, Orsinium etc all would be extremely fitting & suitable for a modest sized city home, but instead are overlooked for the more typical large "mansion" homes that are further from the city.

Taking you right out of the areas providing of the all the charm, character & culture that makes those areas great and isolating you in something resembling it, but not feeling apart of it & slightly detached from it.

On the flip side, it's why places like Proudspire Manor & Alinor Crest Townhouse are some of my favorite properties. Beautiful homes that aren't afraid to let you live right in the middle of it and make you feel apart of that respective community.

Ideally they would provide options for both. The large mansions that stand apart, and the smaller homes nestled in the thick of these memorable locations for those wishing to immerse themselves in these areas and feel APART of it.
    Edited by Vehlir on January 26, 2022 1:03AM