The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Suggestion] Make collectibles usable in IC

qwjr8989_ESO
qwjr8989_ESO
✭✭✭
Hi there!

I wanted to make a suggestion and if there is a technicaly limitor I understand that is fine but it would be cool! IC has been my favorite DLC since it came out! At the time of writing this my main has a /played of 169 days 11 hours 33 mins 54 seconds - I would argue nearly HALF of that is in IC alone. I have every IC achievement (Gosh arena champ was hard lol) I level all my characters in IC and I bring all my friends into IC regularly.

There is a different breed of PvP in IC. One often more respectable and a lot more clutch. Nothing feels better than fighting a banner boss getting jumped at 50% and clutch winning it. or fighting a DC 1vs1 an AD comes and waits for your fight to end before they engage too.

This leads me to my suggestion. Please make collectibles functional in the IC. It would be so cool if someone jumped me while I did baron thirsk I pulled off the win and was able to do the rainbow wave over them. Or make it to the safe zone and do the bubble punch emote. Or jungle daggers while waiting for a 1vs1 to end. I understand it is a lot for the reasons of BMing but I think that a little healthy banter could be fun in situations in the sewers/IC and as far as I understand this idea should not inhibit server stability especially since IC and Cyrodil were un-linked.

Does anyone here agree/disagree? Tell me your thought and thank you for your consideration!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i could see being able to use mementos in the base area (very annoying during event to have to leave IC to reapply the double xp buff as stuff like the jester pie is considered a memento)

you are not limited to use emotes while in IC, but since most mementos lock your character in place without being able to interrupt would be a bad idea in the open areas, just asking to get ganked when you are literally unable to do anything for 10-60 sec depending on the memento you clicked

that one emote with the mini trebuchet is pretty fun to use lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]
    This leads me to my suggestion. Please make collectibles functional in the IC. It would be so cool if someone jumped me while I did baron thirsk I pulled off the win and was able to do the rainbow wave over them. Or make it to the safe zone and do the bubble punch emote. Or jungle daggers while waiting for a 1vs1 to end. I understand it is a lot for the reasons of BMing but I think that a little healthy banter could be fun in situations in the sewers/IC and as far as I understand this idea should not inhibit server stability especially since IC and Cyrodil were un-linked.

Does anyone here agree/disagree? Tell me your thought and thank you for your consideration!

Once upon a time we could. But some mementos were interfering with how pvp "was meant to be played" and instead of disabling the few that did ZOS outright made it impossible to use any at all.
    [...] when you are literally unable to do anything for 10-60 sec depending on the memento you clicked [...]

I've always wondered why we're not allowed to break these animations..
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i could see being able to use mementos in the base area (very annoying during event to have to leave IC to reapply the double xp buff as stuff like the jester pie is considered a memento)

you are not limited to use emotes while in IC, but since most mementos lock your character in place without being able to interrupt would be a bad idea in the open areas, just asking to get ganked when you are literally unable to do anything for 10-60 sec depending on the memento you clicked

If your standing over a guy you killed and bming him with an emote being ganked during it would be part of the fun/risk of such a move. Same way system works in say apex.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If your standing over a guy you killed and bming him with an emote being ganked during it would be part of the fun/risk of such a move. Same way system works in say apex.

i mean i dont personally have an issue with people using them, i think there was some technical reason for locking them (it had something to do with the animation locking, like it got buggy or weird if you got killed in the middle of one)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    The last thing we need is for something to cause more lag in Cyro.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you just want more ways to engage in toxic behavior (e.g. taunting). No thanks.