The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Armory Assistant

vesselwiththepestle
vesselwiththepestle
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey,

when will we get new armory assistant npc's?

The main reason I haven't bought the assistant by now is because I don't particular like Ghrasharog, so 5000 crowns seems a little steep, especially because the assistant is mostly useless anyway: I use the armory mainly to swap between PVP and PVE setups or between PVE DPS and PVE Healer setups on one character, so I usually have to port to change my mundus manually anyway.

I still love the armory system, it is a real time saver and huge improvement of QoL. On my main character I even bought an additional armory slot (I've now setups for PVE Stamina DPS, PVE Magicka DPS and PVP). It's great if you do PVE and PVP on the same character, which often means to have to change attribute scores and skill morphs. So although the armory is great, I don't really profit from the assistant, which is one of the reasons I haven't bought him yet. If the armory would save and change the mundus, too, that would be a huge improvement. However, to buy the assistant right now it would need to be much less expensive (I'd pay 1500 crowns) or at least look a lot better :). It's true, although I have myself two orcs, I am not particulary a fan of orcs depicted in this game. So it would be nice to get cat, bird, or robot versions like we got for merchant and banker or whatever might be up next! (Daedra assistants, I mean to summon a daedra to serve for you as assistant seems kinda obvious? I'd take a ghost, too.)
1000+ CP
PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The armory assistant is pretty useless right now, because off the mundus stone. The armory System is not able to change mundus from a build to another. So if you are in a dungeon or in a public dungeon or wherever you want... you can't change your build completely with your armory assistant... the mundus will not change.
    You still have to go in a house to change your mundus stone... so the assistant is useless.
    I strongly hope this will be fixed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Rishikesa108 on January 19, 2022 1:36AM
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The armory assistant is pretty useless right now, because off the mundus stone. The armory System is not able to change mundus from a build to another. So if you are in a dungeon or in a public dungeon or wherever you want... you can't change your build completely with your armory assistant... the mundus will not change.
    I strongly hope this will be fixed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

From what I have heard, we can expect the Mundus stone to remain separate due to previous exploits concerning those buffs. If there really has been an issue where players have been able to trick the system into letting them have multiple Mundus then I think it is good to keep it separate.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

From what I have heard, we can expect the Mundus stone to remain separate due to previous exploits concerning those buffs. If there really has been an issue where players have been able to trick the system into letting them have multiple Mundus then I think it is good to keep it separate.

No, I disagree. The best thing is to fix the issue, prevent the trick and the exploits, but to let the armory assistant handle the mundus stone. Without this feature, this assistant is totally useless. If I have to go in a house to change the mundus, I can find there also the armory to change the build. Why do I have to spend 5000 crowns on an assistant who can only do half the work?
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

No, I disagree. The best thing is to fix the issue, prevent the trick and the exploits, but to let the armory assistant handle the mundus stone. Without this feature, this assistant is totally useless. If I have to go in a house to change the mundus, I can find there also the armory to change the build. Why do I have to spend 5000 crowns on an assistant who can only do half the work?

Also, if an assistant can swap mundus stones, then less sales for the mundus furnishings as well.