The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Just add certain hard to get things to the crown store if they are purely RNG

DarthCuddlefluff
DarthCuddlefluff
✭✭✭✭
I am not talking about something like a set of gear, but rather purely RNG items for those without the time to grind or who have ginded since time immemorial and have not got it. Things like the purple Ayleid furnishing plans, the enchanted kahjitti brazier plan, large quantities of rare and hard to get things like style materials or upgrade mats (especially with how the market it going that one can alleviate pressure) It has been over 600 hours of farming since I last got a purple ayleid furnishing plan and it's soul-cushing. I have had people follow me around for weeks of farming attacking the same mobs I do just to "prove to me" that multiple people attacking doesn't make any negative difference. ZoS I would literally pay 5k crowns rn if I could get that last ayleid plan along with that brazier plan. Bind them, I just want to use them. Is 600 hours not enough to literally just sell it to me? And the mats. They are constantly going up and it is becoming a real problem. We need a way of stopping people from taking advantage of the market and I think a great way of doing that is upping the supply. In a roundabout way this game is already pay to win when mat prices are so spendy, and most people don't have time to simply farm out 40 dreugh wax. That can take weeks of farming hours on end if your RNG is bad enough. I know you don't want to fix rng, so please just take my money and be done with it.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the problem with being able to pay crowns for furnishing PLANs instead of the actual furnishings, is you can make and craft the furnishings (leading to the cries of pay2win)

whatever your getting out of the crown store basically has to be account bound, while they could ensure that for the furnishing blueprint, there is nothing stopping you from making the item from the learned blueprint and selling those
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    the problem with being able to pay crowns for furnishing PLANs instead of the actual furnishings, is you can make and craft the furnishings (leading to the cries of pay2win)

whatever your getting out of the crown store basically has to be account bound, while they could ensure that for the furnishing blueprint, there is nothing stopping you from making the item from the learned blueprint and selling those

Right and I don't see a problem with that at all. In fact it could be a good thing. Ayleid stuff is hardly ever crafted, but is already at the lowest price it's gonna be. It would only add to the number of decorations out there. If someone pays for a plan with real money I don't see why, should they sell the product of those plans, it would go any further down. Besides there always have been and always will be people who make them just for the material cost who don't seek profit. I don't really think it will affect anything except for the fact that people who want the plan can actually afford it regardless of if they buy the now less expensive plans themselves from the market or pay for the crown cost.

I also think that 5000 is a good number of crowns for such a plan or even a bundle because it's not going to force the price too low for the market. Crown buyers are pretty much gonna set the price here.

Nice name btw. I like it.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be clear if I thought it would work I would have advocated for simply adding a hard cap to when you can't get these things any further. For instance after every, idk, 2000 enemies in bonesnap it would drop a purple ayleid plan. Or after 50 quests for the brazier, say. I just think that this is more likely to happen. It's unclear just how to properly increase your chances on ayleid plans since they're so cryptic anyway. As for mats I would have advocated for soft cap on just how unlucky you could get too.
  • ive_wonder
    ive_wonder
    ✭✭✭
    How about just increasing droprate of said furnishings?
    Suggesting to add it into a crown store is shooting yourself in the foot imo.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    ive_wonder wrote: »
    How about just increasing droprate of said furnishings?
    Suggesting to add it into a crown store is shooting yourself in the foot imo.

People have been suggesting that for years. It's never ever gonna happen.
  • ive_wonder
    ive_wonder
    ✭✭✭

We need to suggest harder.

• DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    ive_wonder wrote: »

We need to suggest harder.

I wish that would do anything. I have long advocated they make it better, or even just release chances. Tell us how the rng works, and what specifics apply to ayleid plans.